• 26.04.2024, 11:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

One of my aquaeros is not recognised anymore

Dienstag, 22. März 2011, 12:55

I have two aquaeros, one per loop. I wanted to try out a new fan this morning so I connected it to one of the fan connectors of one of the aquaeros. So far so good. The fan didn't start, so I went into the Aquasuite to setup the fan and associate it with the ambient temp sensor.

As soon as I did that, the aquaero stopped functionning. The fan itself works normally, but the aquaero is not recognized anymore either by the Aquasuite software of the device manager.

I tried restarting, desconnecting the aquaero USB connector, desactivating and activating again the aquaero, but nothing works.

The aquaero is powered up, there is nothing physically unusual with it, except it doesn't work.

Not sure what to do, it doesn't look damaged in any way, it just won't be recognized
Is there a way to reset the Aquaero?

Any ideas?

Dienstag, 22. März 2011, 22:45

I guess you are the same one over at XS? ;)

As said, try a reset. If that does not help test it on another PC to figure out if it is the PC or the aquaero. If it is the aquaero there is not much that you can do since in this case it is very likely that the USB interface of the controller has been damaged for some reason.

Mittwoch, 23. März 2011, 08:34

I guess you are the same one over at XS? ;)

As said, try a reset. If that does not help test it on another PC to figure out if it is the PC or the aquaero. If it is the aquaero there is not much that you can do since in this case it is very likely that the USB interface of the controller has been damaged for some reason.
Yes, my cover is broken :P

The reset didn't work and all other USB ports in the computer work fine included the one for the second Aquaero. In fact both Aquaeros are connected to a USB PCI card to avoid the problem with USB on some ASUS boards. So is there anything I can do? Can it be repaired? I am not sure if the warranty is still running, but if it is is that covered?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hannibal Lecter« (23. März 2011, 08:42)

Mittwoch, 23. März 2011, 09:34

Without knowing in detail what is damaged on the controller I can't tell if it will be covered by warranty or if it can be repaired. In worst case the CPU on the PCB must be exchanged.

Mittwoch, 23. März 2011, 11:44

I guess that the cost of repairing it is not worth it then ;( . I really like the Aquaero 4!
I haven't had the time to look at the Aquaero 5 LT, does it have the same features as my current LT with powerboost? Can I regulate a DDC 18W with the 5? Can you discount the price a little instead of repairing my 4 :whistling: ?

Mittwoch, 23. März 2011, 12:53

With shipping costs and all a repair is not very worthwhile.

To use a Laing DDC pump with the aquaero 5 you should get the waterblock, at least the passive cooler.

For an offer on the new aquaero you should write a private message to me or use our e-mail address info <at> aqua-computer.de.

creekin

Mittwoch, 23. März 2011, 15:54

For an offer on the new aquaero you should write a private message to me or use our e-mail address info aqua-computer.de.

still the best customer service in wc :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »creekin« (23. März 2011, 15:56)