• 24.05.2024, 00:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Problem with Firmware 1011

Dienstag, 24. Mai 2011, 17:16

Hello,

Ever since I updated the firmware to 1011 VRM temperature 1 and 2 are identical, and 3 and 4
Previously it was different and I think that the fault of the new firmware.

Shoggy, any solution?

kdmaka

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2011, 23:24

I have a different problem, I installed Aquasuite 2012 (beta2), updated Aquaero 5 pro, to firmware 1011- now im just getting resets every 5 min or when ever i press the down button on the AE5... ?(,
How do I revert back to the old firmware ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »kdmaka« (25. Mai 2011, 23:48)

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011, 03:25

reset the A5 to factory defaults in the menu of the device and make sure you dont have any conflicting aquabus id's if you have devices attached to aquabus.
i had the same problem once and found it was a conflicting id on the aquabus.
I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

pphx459

RE: Problem with Firmware 1011

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011, 05:45

Just got my AE5 installed and have some very annoying issues that hopefully get addressed quickly:

Major Issues:

1) I have the same problem where the VRM temperature is identical for 1 and 2, and 3 and 4.
2) In a config where a Laing DDC pump and SFlex fan is connected to channel 1,

• channel 1 shows 0 rpm, but also gets turned up to 100% when channel 2 overheats.
  • channel 2 with 2 sflex fans will say its overheating and turn up the fans to 100%
  • channel 3 with 2 sflex fans is ok
  • channel 4 with 2 sflex fans is ok

3) In a config where the pump and fan combo is connected to channel 4, and all other fans shifted to the other channels,
  • channel 1 with 2 sflex fans is ok
  • channel 2 with 2 sflex fans is ok, although the rpm read is not constant, jumps from 970 to 1100, while other channels that work have a constant readout.
  • channel 3 with 2 sflex fans is ok, but also gets turned up to 100% when channel 4 overheats.
  • channel 4 now reads the rpm correct at 3300, but it constantly overheats and will turn pump/fan up and down

Minor Issues:

4) With the Aquaero 4, everything works perfectly. It's unfortunate that Aquasuite cannot read a PowerAdjust connected via USB.
5) Looks like there will be a new heatsink shipped with the AE5, I wonder how US customers can get this.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pphx459« (26. Mai 2011, 05:58)

RE: RE: Problem with Firmware 1011

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011, 07:40

Just got my AE5 installed and have some very annoying issues that hopefully get addressed quickly:

Major Issues:

1) I have the same problem where the VRM temperature is identical for 1 and 2, and 3 and 4.
2) In a config where a Laing DDC pump and SFlex fan is connected to channel 1,

• channel 1 shows 0 rpm, but also gets turned up to 100% when channel 2 overheats.
  • channel 2 with 2 sflex fans will say its overheating and turn up the fans to 100%
  • channel 3 with 2 sflex fans is ok
  • channel 4 with 2 sflex fans is ok

3) In a config where the pump and fan combo is connected to channel 4, and all other fans shifted to the other channels,
  • channel 1 with 2 sflex fans is ok
  • channel 2 with 2 sflex fans is ok, although the rpm read is not constant, jumps from 970 to 1100, while other channels that work have a constant readout.
  • channel 3 with 2 sflex fans is ok, but also gets turned up to 100% when channel 4 overheats.
  • channel 4 now reads the rpm correct at 3300, but it constantly overheats and will turn pump/fan up and down

Minor Issues:

4) With the Aquaero 4, everything works perfectly. It's unfortunate that Aquasuite cannot read a PowerAdjust connected via USB.
5) Looks like there will be a new heatsink shipped with the AE5, I wonder how US customers can get this.

The vrms are right next to each other so the heat from one effects the other. They may have to do a firmware patch to fix this if its fixable at all. They might be designed to be in pairs or it might just be a limitation of the space available on the board and the proximity to each other.
I used to have a similar problem prior to the latest firmware where it was unusable even with 2 fans at less than 1 amp on each channel before aquasuite 2012 was released. In the new firmware the interaction between adjacent channels is better but one channel overheating can still effect the one next to it. For the moment Im using the A5 for 2 flow meters and 2 light duty fan channels for exhaust fans with 6 PA2s doing the grunt work with 6 fans per channel. Until they release another update I think the options to get around this are pretty limited.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

pphx459

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011, 08:23

Yea that really sucks. I'm curious tho, are the vrm's really overheating? I mean as soon as the fans go up to 100%, the vrm temps drop immediately. When it reaches 60c or so, the fans are reduced and the temps go back up to 100c in a matter of secs.. This is really strange..

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011, 08:52

I think its a derived temperature formula in the firmware, because I was wondering the same thing. They also made changes in the last firmware regarding temperature sensors on the VRMS which makes me think its a mathematical calculation in firmware based on temperature coefficients, voltage and heat dissipation. I could be wrong though they may have temp sensors built into the VRMs. I really hoping this is the case because the heat dissipation of the water block seems pretty feeble to me compared to the PA2 heatsinks with a low speed fan cooling them. A firmware patch will hopefully address the calculations and allow better temp monitoring.

pphx459

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011, 12:22

Feel like such a beta tester, just wanted it to work right outta the box like the AE4. Hopefully our issues can be resolved soon by future firmware.

kdmaka

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011, 12:30

reset the A5 to factory defaults in the menu of the device and make sure you dont have any conflicting aquabus id's if you have devices attached to aquabus.
i had the same problem once and found it was a conflicting id on the aquabus.
Thanks man, that does solve the resetting problem-thanks, I did see two A5 in the Aquasuite, one is with a cross next to it...
Also the resetting will occur if I change any settings in the Aquasuite, I guess its beta.

Samstag, 28. Mai 2011, 18:42

@pphx459: I can not ask our technican at the moment but so far I know channels 1+2 and 3+4 share one temperature sensor so this behavior should be correct.

There is also noting wrong that the temperatures goes down at 100% power. When you slow down the fans or the pump, the resistance of the voltage regulators is increased and generates more heat. When it overheats the aquaero sets the channel to 100% so the resistance is pretty low now and the temperature on the voltage regulator goes down immediately.

And a working AE4 out of the box seems only be your "luck" that you have not bought one from the start. Believe me: there were also MANY problems with the first aquaero and it took a while until we get it as stable as it is now. I'm pretty sure we will also get the AE5 and AS2012 to this state but it will take time.

pphx459

Mittwoch, 15. Juni 2011, 04:48

Thanks for the clarification shoggy. You think if I added the new passive heatsink, this will resolve the issue?

Also, I think something might be shorting, I get beeps out of the unit as if I were pressing a button. What is causing this?

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2011, 20:56

New aquasuite 2012 beta 4 with firmware 1012 is out today. Check it out.

Misteeq

pphx459

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2011, 23:43

Sweet! Where can I find the release notes?

Edit: NVM found them. Thanks again

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pphx459« (16. Juni 2011, 23:49)