• 11.06.2024, 16:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Reverse fan direction using Aquaero 4 or 5

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2011, 20:08

I have the Aquaero 4, with intentions to upgrade to the Aquaero 5 when I put a new order in for another waterblock. I just added 2 fans to cool my external radiators, and the fans are both connected to a single Aquaero fan output.

My problem is that the fan will only sit on my radiator in one way, and I'd like to adjust the fan to blow in the opposite direction. Is this possible using either Aquaero and the Aquasuite software?
MacBook Pro
Ubuntu File Server - 6.75TB
Watercooled workstation - i7-950 @ 4.0GHz / 12GB RAM / Intel 120GB SSD / ASUS P6X58D Premium / GTX470 / Aquaero 4
www.wesg.ca

Fan Flow

Montag, 25. Juli 2011, 18:30

If the fans are the 3 wire type, NOT PWM 4 wire. You can switch the 12V+ with the GRND wire. On one side of the plastic connector there are 3 small holes you can see the terminals, in these holes you need to push them down with a small pin Don't use allot of force or you will smash the terminal and it won't stay in the connector when you put it back together the wires will pull out of the connector so you can switch them, this will change the Fan rotation. Most Fans will have RED = 12V+ BLACK = Ground YELLOW = RPM .

Fan Flow

Montag, 25. Juli 2011, 18:43

I did a double check and sorry But the fan I had was an old fan with just 2 wires something about the RPM wire prevents this from working so please don't wast your time with the 3 wire Fan.

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2011, 02:50

Thanks for the replies, Nihil. I think you're right about reversing the polarity to reverse the direction, but I was hoping to do it with software before mounting the fans in the proper direction in a permanent way. Perhaps I'll track down an older 3 pin adapter cable and swap the pins.
MacBook Pro
Ubuntu File Server - 6.75TB
Watercooled workstation - i7-950 @ 4.0GHz / 12GB RAM / Intel 120GB SSD / ASUS P6X58D Premium / GTX470 / Aquaero 4
www.wesg.ca