• 23.05.2024, 14:19
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

svol

Another ASUS and Aquaero user with problems *SOLUTION*

Donnerstag, 24. Dezember 2009, 12:05

I have an Aquaero fan controller which I happily used on my previous setup with Windows XP. I just upgraded my system to an i7 in combination an ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 (X58 chipset) and Windows 7, and added a tubemeter and highflow flowmeter to my setup... However, just like some other users on this forum, I've been getting USB stop 10 errors and my Aquaero isn't recognized by the Aquasuite software. I have the latest patches, drivers and BIOS installed and tried different internal connections, but still most of the time the controller isn't detected.

Yesterday it suddenly appeared fully functional, however the next time I started my system it did go back to the previous behaviour of not showing up and giving a Stop 10 code. So there is some randomness involved, which I'm still trying to figure out. My current guess is that maybe the Aquaero is not fully up and running before the BIOS or Windows starts contacting the device.

The biggest problem is that I have no available PCI slots left for an additional USB controller, which is the suggested solution I've read on this forum. PCI-e USB controllers seem to be hard to find, and mighty expensive because they are often combined with other I/O functions which I completely don't need. So I wondered if there was any progress from your site in identifying what may cause the controller not to show up correctly.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »svol« (31. Januar 2010, 12:27)

heed

Montag, 28. Dezember 2009, 12:47

Did you try plugging just the Aquaero into the mobo USB headers, and did you try different ones? I have the R2E, which architecturally is very similar to your P6T Deluxe and have had no problems.

svol

Montag, 28. Dezember 2009, 19:08

Yes I did. Strange things is that it was working flawlessy yesterday and this morning, but when I started my PC this evening it was giving a code 10 again...

svol

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2009, 11:25

Again yesterday morning it worked, but when I came back from work it malfunctioned again... still no luck in finding out what is causing this randomness. But it is a very annoying problem after spending... after spending more than 150 euro for Aquaero parts I have a product which doesn't completely work. :cursing:

Heed, what are you BIOS settings for the USB ports and to which internal port did you connect it?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »svol« (30. Dezember 2009, 11:26)

heed

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2009, 13:02

I have it connected to the USB port closest to the BIOS chips (the front of the computer), the inside one. I *think* it's USB 8, but I'm not totally sure. I have noticed that when I have my Epson printer plugged in at startup it won't detect my Wacom tablet, my Aquaero, or my Lian Li built-in card reader. You've probably done this already, but you may want to try disconnecting EVERYTHING USB (even keyboard and mouse) and starting up to see if that works. If so, you can shut down, connect one thing, and start up to see if there's something conflicting.

USB, IMHO, is a horrible standard because there's the possibility of so much going so wrong. On my old Gigabyte board, when I plugged in my old Handspring Visor Prism, it would reboot. Every time. No other computer would do that, not even another port, and no other devices with that port. Weird stuff I tell you. :cursing:

heed

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2009, 13:17

And here are the relevant BIOS settings:
USB Functions: Enabled
USB 2.0 Controller: Enabled
USB 2.0 Controller Mode: HiSpeed
BIOS EHCI Hand-Off: Enabled
Legacy USB Support: Auto

And then on another page:
Plug and Play O/S: NO

I hope that helps!

svol

Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2009, 10:06

It is working again. After removing a USB card reader and removing the hub the Aquaero was connected to and reinstalling the drivers it was recognized successfully. Let's hope it remains that way.

Edit: okay and it malfunctioned again. However I found a way to re-enable it without restarting the system. By removing the Generic USB hub the device is connected is re-appears and is initialized correctly. Still very odd behaviour!

And another problem: when I set my Aquaero for linear control and the minimum power to 40% it still throttles back to lower which makes the fan stop, spin up again, slow down, stop, etc. Extremely annoying! Anyone have a clue why it ignores the minimum power setting?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »svol« (31. Dezember 2009, 13:12)

svol

Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2009, 13:32

I made a screenshot of how the USB tree looks like (sorted on connection), the highlighted device is the Aquaero. Is it normal that there are two Generic Hubs before the Aquaero?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »svol« (31. Dezember 2009, 13:35)

heed

Freitag, 1. Januar 2010, 03:19

How do you have the aquaero connected physically?

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how the device manager lists my Aquaero in the hierarchy because I don't know which of the umpteen devices it is!

svol

Freitag, 1. Januar 2010, 12:54

You can find out which is which by going to device properties - Details and then select Bus reported device description. It should display the name of your device set by Aquasuite.

It is directly connected to an internal USB connector with the default cable to USB#14, no other stuff inbetween that I'm aware off (unless ASUS put additional hardware on the motherboard).

heed

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010, 05:00

I think mine is listed as HID\VID_0C70&PID_F0B0&REV_0400, and it's connected to the USB controller 3A35 (not the same as yours). Maybe try connecting yours to the same controller? I can't imagine why it would make a difference, but maybe it will.

svol

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010, 12:49

Are there also two generic USB hubs showing up in your system between the Root hub and the Input device? I will see if I can get the cable to other internal USB ports. Also, is it connected to an Enhanced Host controller (USB hi-speed) or an Universal Host controller (normal speed USB)?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »svol« (5. Januar 2010, 12:51)

svol

Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2010, 09:28

I think the problem might be USB speed mode related. As soon as I disable or uninstall the Root Hub belonging to the Enhanced Host Controller I get a message that my Aquaero could perform faster (which I doubt as it is in fact a full speed device and not a high speed one) and it immediately works. Reinstalling the Root Hub again often results in a still working Aquaero, but sometimes I have to repeat the disable/enable procedure a couple of times before it works. It thus seems that the BIOS/Windows/drivers/whatever is responsible wrongly detects the speed of the Aquero and sets it to high speed, which causes the Aquaero to malfunction... anyone know a way to manually force USB speed?

svol

Sonntag, 31. Januar 2010, 12:45

I finally found the cause of my problem: the NEC 720114 USB2.0 hub. The ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 has 14 USB port, while the ICH10 'only' support 12 USB ports. How did ASUS put the additional 2 ports on it? By putting the before mentioned USB hub on one of the ICH10 USB ports. This means that USB ports 11-14 are all behind this NEC USB controller, which appears as a Generic USB Hub in Windows Device Manager. Apparently this caused the USB code 10 error, because when I put the cable in USB 10 the problem was solved (I had to move the Aquaero a spot down in my case to be able to do this... as a 70 cm USB cable is pretty short when you have a big tower).

It wouldn't surprise me that this USB hub also causes the problem on other new motherboards.

heed

Sonntag, 31. Januar 2010, 15:00

Wow, that's great news. I'm sure your find will be able to help out others with similar problems.

Mittwoch, 31. März 2010, 23:40

Hello heed and svol, it sure is great news that you have figured this out as I had the same problem and couldn't find the solution in the German forum. I'm glad I found your thread here, and tried another USB-port and it works perfectly now the recognicion was possible. Aquasuite did find my Aquaduct 360 XT at first but by searching for it manually it did and after a restart with the CD in my drive I also got the message that the device was installed correctly.

I have a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 motherboard with 12 USB-ports

Lavalys Everest tells me I have 6 times USB1 controller Intel 82801JB ICH10 - USB Universal Host Controller, 2 times USB2 controller Intel 82801JB ICH10 - USB2 Enhanced Host Controller and 2 times a Generic hub. So it looks like Gigabyte does the same trick, although I don't see a separate controller, just the one from the chipset. I picked one of the pair that was the nearest to the PCI-slots and that worked, also three restarts later. To be safe I don't use the other slot of this pair.

:rolleyes:

Hmmmm, I was happy too soon. Although my Aquaduct is recognized at startup it looses connection after an hour or so. You can notice it at the Overview when the Flow is constant (because it isn't!). It's connection is restored when I let the Aquasuite search for it but that isn't always the case and then it is gone until I restart the next day, an ordinairy reboot is not good enough. I wonder if svol has no trouble at all now, I don't think so.
I also tried to install it on an XP-machine 32 bit but that didn't work either. I have to try it when it works on my Windows 7 PC, haven't done that yet. If that's so, I think the problem is in the Aquaduct itself.

07-04-2010
After a lot of trouble shooting it looks to me that the combination Aquaduct 360 and the Southbridge (Intel ICH10R) on my motherbord don't get along too well. It's that Southbridge that controls the USB-ports. At start-up the Aqua-suite shows my Aquaduct well but soon after it shows no fresh data. I can tell by the Overview page when the Flow rate is stable, which isn't actually. When I'm fast enough I can restore the connection by clicking on "Find my USB-device" but once it is really gone it rarely comes back. So I had a PCI-card with 4 extra USB-slots and installed that in another PC (the one connected to my Aquaduct is quite full) and installed the software. Once I plug the USB-cable in one of those slots, there is no problem at all. I think there is some time-out problem between the Aquaduct and the Southbridge.

Maybe my next motherbord wll have another Southbridge and the problem might be solved, for now I have to find a free slot for the USB-card.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy Donderball« (7. April 2010, 22:20)

hagsted

unregistriert

Freitag, 9. April 2010, 13:57

Hi
On my ASUS P7P55D pro, i couldn't find an internal USB-port that didn't used a generic hub, but as some have attributed the problem to the device not starting fast enough, I tried to disable quick boot in the BIOS, and for now it seems to solve the problem. The last couple of days The aquasuite has recognised the device each time.
Hope this can help some of you, Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen[MSIE_newline_end ]

Samstag, 8. Mai 2010, 18:26

Hi haqsted,

My troubles aren't over yet, but there is some progress. First is that the seperate USB slots on a PCI-card is not the solution, the Aquasuite software will hang there as well, sooner or later. I haven't tried your solution yet but I will soon.

The progress is that the Aquasuite software runs fine, as long as I use it for a short time, say one minute or less. No matter how long the PC is on, at startup of the Aquasuite software my Aquaduct 360 XT is recognised just fine. So, conclusion, no problem between the Aquaduct and the PC. But there is this one thing that is strange...... the temperature of the air going in is higher than the temperature of the air going out, just take a look at the attachment for a screenprint. And that can't be right, right? So maybe the sensors are mixed up and the readings will cause a crash of the Aquasuite software. The temperature in the room is normal.

Arrrgh, forget the story above, the temperatures are allright but the arrow is pointing in the wrong direction, the warm air comes out at the back but the arrow points blue to red to the front. That was already the case in a previous version of the software as it is the same on the screenshot on the site of Aquacomputer. http://aquacomputer.de/aquaduct-xt.html
Can somebody fix that?

And is there anyone with a good solution for the crashing Aquasuite software???????

[font='&quot'][/font]

llecaroz

Dienstag, 1. Juni 2010, 07:50

Again yesterday morning it worked, but when I came back from work it malfunctioned again... still no luck in finding out what is causing this randomness. But it is a very annoying problem after spending... after spending more than 150 euro for Aquaero parts I have a product which doesn't completely work. :cursing:

Heed, what are you BIOS settings for the USB ports and to which internal port did you connect it?
Hum, I just posted also a new thread discussion on a similar random issue !
It appears that I am not the only one having random issues, with Aquera settings reset randomly, or not detected in aquasuite even when clicking on "Find my...." !
As said, mine is connected on the atx plug with the aquacomputer connector & atx switch of the aquaero is on

Please, help us ! I specially spent 150 euros as this product could potentialy (if not reset randomly & so on cannot use this feature !) shutdown the computer based on some special events & power on it !

thx in advance, regards,
louis

Possible Solution

Mittwoch, 2. Juni 2010, 12:49

Hey people,

I think I have found the answer for MY problem, maybe somebody can benefit of this. I've worked for over a week on two computers, connecting the USB cable to PC "B" while the Aquaduct was cooling PC "A". All this time there was no problem with the Aquasuite. So conclusion: Aquaduct is O.K.

A friend of mine was having problems with his PC, partly similar to my problems (he has no water cooling) and there was one component that was equal to both systems: the Logitech G15 keybord first version. A bit of Googleling showed a lot of other threads with problems so we replaced the keybord with an ordinary one and connected the Aquaduct to PC "A" again: no more lock-up in datatransfer from Aquaduct to PC for two days.

Maybe I'm happy too soon (again) as my PC did crash last night but that was after 5.5 hours and that could have other reasons. All the time before the crash the Aquasuite worked just fine.

So just disconnect all the USB-equipment from your PC but the Aquaduct to see if other components interfere. I'll post an update later on when I can tell I was right (or not).