• 27.04.2024, 19:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

BudoBob

Help with fittings / connections

Donnerstag, 5. August 2010, 13:15

Hi guys.

Resurrecting a long dead account I have come for some advice regarding a forthcoming G1/4 AC cooling setup.
I understand the basics and already have an internal rad (Evo 360 I think) fitted but nothing else (Long story).

The components I have listed so far:

Cuplex Kryos HF or XT (Any advice here is welcome).
Aquaero VFD
Aquastream XT USB Ultra
Aquatube G1/4 Delrin (Black)
Aquabay AT Frontplate

I'm not looking for anything more than CPU cooling for now as other coolers will be added later.
I think the above list covers everything I need less the fillport (I have no interest in bodging holes in my case).

Picking the main components was the easy part but with so many connections and fittings to choose from I have no idea where to start. In addition what size tubing would I need?

Thanks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »BudoBob« (5. August 2010, 13:16)

BudoBob

Freitag, 6. August 2010, 13:34

After some further digging I may be able to answer my own question.

A lot of people seem to go for plug&cool because of its simplicity. This also makes picking the right size tubing easier.
I think the only item requiring an adapter is the pump, everything else connects directly to the P&C connectors.

I know I initially stated I wanted a G1/4 system, but can someone please explain the difference between this and the G1/8.

Cheers.

Sonntag, 8. August 2010, 04:14

Once you use P&C you will never look back. You don't need a fill tube because filling the system is easy if you have an Aquatube with an Aquajet.

1. Turn system so that Aquatube faceplate is horizontal.
  2. Place about 1 meter of tubing so it fits over Aquajet. The other end goes to your favorite suck device: turkey baster, syringe, mouth, etc.
  3. Filll up Aquatube and start sucking.
  4. As fluid level goes down in Aquatube you keep filling it up with your choice of fluids.
  5. Keep filling till you get fluid in your Aquajet tubing.
  6. Turn pump (after putting faceplate back on) on till all bubbles are out.
  7. Enjoy!

G 1/8 and G 1/4 refer to British parallel pipe thread specifications. The bigger the pipe size the bigger tubing you can use. I use G 1/8 and never had any problems with it in the performance of my computers.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (8. August 2010, 04:16)

BudoBob

Sonntag, 8. August 2010, 12:19

Nice one.
Cheers Top_Nurse.