• 27.04.2024, 15:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5XT more info

Donnerstag, 1. September 2011, 04:03

I was looking at this product cause I like the info it will show and how it can control everything automatically when temps go up with the software

I see that the 5XT can control 4 fans could it possibly control more

Fan I am getting
Scythe Slip Stream 120mm x 25mm Fan - 1900 RPM (SY1225SL12SH) X 6
Aerocool Shark Black Edition 140mm x 25mm High Air Pressure Fan X 3

Also read that the 5XT or a updated part for the XT can control a DDC pump like this
Danger Den / Laing DDC-12V Center Inlet 18 Watt Version 3.2 could it possibly monitor 2 of these since im getting this with it
EK 5.25" Mountable DDC Dual Top V2. - Black Acetal - Laing DDC / Swiftech MCP350/355 (EK-DDC Dual TOP V2 G1/4 - Black Acetal)

If you could help by giving me some info in English cause i tried the google translator and it mess up on some that doesn't make sense or give me links to what i would need

Donnerstag, 1. September 2011, 12:19

The fans need 38.16 and 12.96 watt in theory. So in total it is a bit more than 50 watt. The is pretty much. The aquaero can take a load of 60 watt in total but the problem is that when you slow down the fans the dissipation loss will increase. So if it could be done than you have to use the waterblock for the voltage regulators.

You can use a pump directly with the aquaero but not with the mentioned setup since this is way too much load. To monitor them you would have to connect their ROM signal to the fan channels. So you will lose these channels to monitor other stuff.

To extend the aquaero with further channels you can use the poweradjust 2 controller. Up to six controllers can be connected so you have a total of 10 fan channels.

Freitag, 2. September 2011, 07:34

Can you explain what you mean by this. Would i have to water cool the aquero and the poweradjuster 2 controller

Zitat

So if it could be done than you have to use the waterblock for the voltage regulators.
So it could work with the fans ill probably be monitoring 2 shark 140mm instead of 3 since one is just to cool the hdd so that will give me 8 instead of 9 since there r 10 total fan controllers
If i use the the setup like this

Aquaero 5 XT
Fan 1 120mm
Fan 2 120mm
Fan 3 120mm
Fan 4 120mm
Poweradjust 2 Controller
Fan 1 120mm
Fan 2 120mm
Poweradjust 2 Controller
Fan 1 Pump
Fan 2 140mm
Poweradjust 2 Controller
Fan 1 Pump
Fan 2 140mm

or would i need 6 poweradjust 2 controllers for each fan

If im still wrong could you give me a list of what i would need to get this setup up to completely monitor it self

Freitag, 2. September 2011, 11:39

The aquaero can provide a total power of 60 watt but in this case the voltage regulators will get very hot so you have to watercool them:
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2671

Each fan channel on the aquaero 5 is able to handle 19.8 watt but the overall power of all channels combined should not exceed 60 watt.

With each poweradjust 2 you will add a new fan channel which can take a load of up to 25 watt.

There is no problem to use some fans on the same fan channel by using y-adapters but you have to make sure that they are within the given maximum load. If they draw too much power you will not damage anything but it will not work because the aquaero or the poweradjust will disable the overloaded fan channel.

Freitag, 2. September 2011, 15:58

I see so i could

Aquearo
Fan 1 120mm
Fan 2 120mm
Fan 3 120mm
Fan 4 120mm
Poweradjuster 2
Fan 1 120mm
Poweradjuster 2
Fan 1 120mm
Poweradjuster 2
Fan 1 140mm
Poweradjuster 2
Fan 1 140mm
Poweradjuster 2
Fan 1 Laing Pump 1
Poweradjuster 2
Fan 1 Laing Pump 2

Our would the Aquero 5 still be to hot to where i would still need to water cool it

Also is there a picture to see how these poweradjusters are connected to the aquero or would they need to all be connect to the usb

Freitag, 2. September 2011, 16:54

That would work without any problems but is not really necessary since you could also use y-adapters as long as you are within a valid power range.

The poweradjust is being connected to the aquabus (3-pin cable). You can just go from controller to controller. They can not be connected to USB at the same time.

Samstag, 3. September 2011, 03:15

Aquearo
Fan 1 120mm Fan 1 120mm
Fan 2 120mm Fan 2 120mm
Fan 3 120mm Fan 3 120mm
Fan 4 140mm
Poweradjuster 2
Fan 1 140mm Fan 1 140mm
Poweradjuster 2
Fan 1 Laing Pump 1
Poweradjuster 2
Fan 1 Laing Pump 2

120mm
Rated Voltage: DC12V Rated Current: 0.53A

140mm
Power Consumption: 4.32W Rated Current: 0.36A

When it comes to W and V and A i get confused if they could just simply leave it on one letter. Would this be fine or be over the 60 watt the aquero 5XT has

If its wrong could you do a configuration that would keep it under the watts

Samstag, 3. September 2011, 15:25

120 mm: 12 V x 0.53 A = 6.36 W
140 mm: 12 V x 0.36 A = 4.32 W

So on the aquaero you would have 45 W load which should be fine since it also lefts some space for the fact that the voltage regulators will run hotter when you turn down the speed of the fans. Anyway I still recommend to use the waterblock for this setup.

The setup with the poweradjusts is OK since the pumps will draw more power than the fans.

Sonntag, 4. September 2011, 01:44

okay

Ill try to see how to incorporate the water block into the line trying to keep a small line that is running a single loop

Pump outlet -> Res -> 420 rad -> CPU -> 140 rad -> 2X 6970 Cross Link -> 140 rad -> Pump Inlet

I might connect it in between res and 420 rad (Res -> 5XT Water block -> 420 Rad) since i don't think it would need extremely cold water to dissipate some of the heat

and if i don't like how it look. ill just get 2 or 3 more power adjuster 2 to lower the wattage