• 27.05.2024, 22:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Power Adjust 2 Standard upgrade Key?

Donnerstag, 23. August 2012, 13:13

G'day
I found on the AC Store that you can purchase a key to upgrade the PA2 standard to a PA2 Ultra..
I tried to translate the German page to English , but it translate to broken English and makes it hard to understand

1. Have any of you done this upgrade with a key and what is involved please ?

2.If i have 3x PA2 standards, do i purchase 3 keys ?

3.I am looking at buying 2 new AC D5 usb pumps. is The Aquaero5 XT or PA2 able to power and control them ?
I am pretty sure the Aquaero can control them.

4.How would i hook them up to a AquaeroXT with PA2 in the system ?

Cheers for your help ?(

RE: Power Adjust 2 Standard upgrade Key?

Donnerstag, 23. August 2012, 18:20

G'day
I found on the AC Store that you can purchase a key to upgrade the PA2 standard to a PA2 Ultra..
I tried to translate the German page to English , but it translate to broken English and makes it hard to understand

1. Have any of you done this upgrade with a key and what is involved please ?

2.If i have 3x PA2 standards, do i purchase 3 keys ?

3.I am looking at buying 2 new AC D5 usb pumps. is The Aquaero5 XT or PA2 able to power and control them ?
I am pretty sure the Aquaero can control them.

4.How would i hook them up to a AquaeroXT with PA2 in the system ?

Cheers for your help ?(

1. Never purchased or upgraded but from memory if you connect the PA2 up to the USB Header so it appears as a seperate I think this is where you enter the code. I also think it is a 2 way thing, the code is specifically generated for individual PA2's

2. Yes will need to purchase 3 codes.

3. It depends, I have 2 standard D5 pumps which run of seperate PA2's. I replaced the molex connector on the pumps with a fan connector so it is controlled and powered by the PA2. It appears as a fan in AquaSuite.

However as the new pumps have USB and AquaBus connectors allowing you to have more control over them, read the internal temps etc.... so in this instance to utilise their full potential I think (I may be wrong) that you would daisy chain the AquaBus connectors, or connect them to your MB USB headers and power them directly via the molex connector from your PSU but not having used one I am not sure if you can control the speed this way or not.

4. I would defo run off the PA2's rather than the XT but that is the normal pumps and not the new type, you may have no option but to power them via a molex from your PSU as it would make powering off a PA2 pretty silly if you are controlling the pump via USB or AquaBus. Need someone who has one or Shoggy to comment on this and advise more on point 3 as it depends on what control the USB and/or AquaBus interfaces give you. I would like to know this also.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »chippie« (23. August 2012, 18:22)

Sonntag, 26. August 2012, 02:10

Thanks chippie for the info and tips.

The reason behind asking about the upgrade key for the standard PA2 is, There is stock of the PA2 standards in Australia.and no stock and ETA on the ultras..
I was thinking of getting 3+ standards and then upgrade them to Ultras.
As you say 1 key does 1 PA2. The price of the key plus the initial purchase price of the standard. Makes a Standard PA2 cost more than an ultra PA2 ?( .
I may be better to wait until the ultras are in stock in Australia.

It's a shame there is very little info available for the new AC D5 pumps. After some more research, The AC D5 may be too much of a power load for the PA2 ultras.
The Control/Monitor side of things will be ok for the PA2. just not the watts..

Cheers

Sonntag, 26. August 2012, 16:49

I think this is probably the best way to sell them, spend a few extra coins to ge the Ultra from the offset or buy the standard one and upgrade at a later date if you want to, which wil cost you a little more, this makes sense to me. It is only a negligible difference in comarison to the total cost of all the kit.

If you are prepared to wait for them to come in to stock then do so, personally I would just take the hit on the few extra dollars and get them sooner! :D

I think you will be fine with powering NORMAL D5 pumps by the PA2, I have 2 here which I have put fan connectors on them to run off PA2's but am not using them at the moment. Check out some other forums (overclock.net for example) , there are pleany of people who are running D5's off PA2's.

But as I said the new D5 with the USB and AB connectors you will be best off just using the aquabus or USB connection and power the pump via molex from your PSU. Which means you may not even need a PA2.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 12:09

The hardware of the poweradjust 2 standard and ultra is exactly the same. The only difference is that the firmware of the standard variant locks the automatic temperature control which can be unlocked by purchasing the ultra update.

When you use the controller on an aquaero via aquabus you do not need the ultra variant at all since the aquaero already takes control over it by using temperature based controls etc. So in the end it would make only sense when you use the poweradjusts as stand alone device via USB.