• 18.04.2024, 04:50
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 03:08

You need to do more research.

If you insist on six PA2's without an Aquaero 5 controller be aware of what you will have.

First, you will need six(6) USB header connections to the motherboard, one for each PA2.

You will need six temperature sensors, one for each PA2.

You will have six (6) 3 pin variable voltage fan output power connectors.

I am not sure if the Aquasuite 2012 will load and run without an Aquaero 5, but it would be required to control the PA2's

In answer to one of your other questions, I estimate six PA2,s can power over 100 fans of the type you are talking about.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 15:45

Im planing on the following
28x120mm fans for the radiators
4x40mm fans for the case
3x120mm fans for the case
In total there are 31x120mm fans and 4x40mm fans
dont thing power adjust need to be connected via usb with the mother board.
On the aqua aero description it says 6 of them can be connected to the controller through the aqua bus interface.
Since the power adjust 2 has 2 aqua bus connectors, they can be serialized with the controller (or so i suppose)
Thats the total amount of fans, i plan on using
Question is how many fans can a single power adjust power ?
If one must make the ampere voltage multiplication,
Noctua NF p12 Fan
on specification has the following specifications
Input Current 0,09 A
Voltage Range 12 V
Does that mean it will have a 0.09x12=1.08 W
and i can power with a single power adjust aprox 20 fans ?

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 16:02

Bytales....I think you need to first decide how many channels you want to be able to control. To be honest...you could power up all 35 fans with just one Aquaero XT. But the problem there is...you will be limited to 4 channels, and that may not meet your needs. For example, I have my "pull" fans on a separate channel from my "push" fans. At idle temps....the "pull" fans will spin down to zero, while the "push" fans will spin slowly. As water temps increase, I'll spin up the push fans faster before the pull fans ever start spinning. I couldn't tell for sure how your radiators will be split among your dual loops, but I'll propose something below, and you can adjust and provide the thread more feedback as necessary. I'm assuming you have two 120.4 on one loop and the other two rads (120.4 and 120.2) on the other loop:

Channels
- 8 push fans on Loop 1
- 8 pull fans on Loop 1
- 6 push fans on Loop 2
- 6 pull fans on Loop 2
- 4x 40mm and 1x 120mm case fan (all rear case fans)
- 2x 120mm case fan (not sure where these are...but I'm assuming you may want to control them separately)

With an arrangement like that above...you would need 6 channels, ....although I would always suggest planning for future growth. For 6 channels, you would either want to do 1x AQ5XT and 2x PA2's......or 1x AQ5XT and 1x AQ5LT. Would be a little cheaper to get the two AQ5's....but the PA2 option would provide more headroom on a couple channels if you ever needed it. The two AQ5's would be a slightly cheaper option...but only by a little.

If you wanted to combine all 7 case fans into one channel....and put all 12 fans on Loop 2 on one channel, ....you could actually get by on just one AQ5 (XT or LT) and expand it at a later time. The LT is only like $80 bucks or so. Very inexpensive way to start.

I agree with Larry's comments below, that you should reconsider using 6 separate PA2's without an AQ5. Not being able to share temp sensors among the 6 PA2's would make the solution less desirable.

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 16:04

Question is how many fans can a single power adjust power ?
If one must make the ampere voltage multiplication,
Noctua NF p12 Fan
on specification has the following specifications
Input Current 0,09 A
Voltage Range 12 V
Does that mean it will have a 0.09x12=1.08 W
and i can power with a single power adjust aprox 20 fans ?
Yes....you can power a lot of fans with a PA2. The first question though is how you want to be able to control them. Figure out how many channels you want to be able to control separately first...then you can figure out the right setup for your system.

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 16:31

There is another thing that is important and never gave it a thought
THe Noctua NF-F12 PWM has a 4 pin connector.
The aqua aero has 3x3 pins and the Power adjut has also 3 pin connector.
How am i suppose to connect a fan to these 3 pin connectors when the fan is equipped with a 4 pin connector ?

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 16:51

There is another thing that is important and never gave it a thought
THe Noctua NF-F12 PWM has a 4 pin connector.
The aqua aero has 3x3 pins and the Power adjut has also 3 pin connector.
How am i suppose to connect a fan to these 3 pin connectors when the fan is equipped with a 4 pin connector ?
The 4th pin is the PWM control, and you don't need to utilize that. You can use your fans with any of the 3 pin power channels on the AQ5.

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 18:08

I have another Question regarding Power Adjust 2
In the description it says:
The poweradjust 2 is a controller which was optimized for the use with a Laing DDC pump but you can also use it for other things with a constant load of up to 25W at 12V
That means that it can power this constant load at 25 W regardless of how much Amperes the fans or fan draws, so long aas it oes not exceed the 25 W Rating:Question 1)

For instance one Power adjust could Power 4 Fans Rated at 0,5 Amperes Imput CUrrent.
Is that correct ?
0.5 Amperes x 12 Volt = 6 W times 4 = 24 W
or 2 Fans with 1 Ampere Current Draw ! Is that accurate ? Wont the wires melt or something with 40 fans comin out of a single 3 pin power connector ?
Question 2)
Does this also mean that a single power adjust 2 can power safely without problems at least 40 fans rated for 0.05 Ampers ?
0.05x12 times 40 = 24 W
Lets take the 1 Ampere Fan as example.
We have the following fan
120x120x38mm
Operating Voltage = 7V - 13.2
Rated Current = 1 Ampere
Rated Input Power = 12.00w
Maximum Airflow = 151.85 CFM
Noise = 53.0 dB
RPM = 3200
Q3)Is the Rated input Power of the fan calculated considering a 12V Curent ? That seems so.Or is the Rated Input Power the same, regardless of operating VOltage ? . If the Voltage would be modified, that would mean the power usage would drop ? Is that true ?
Q4)The voltage supplied by the Power adjust 2 is maximum 12 V, Is this true ? If that is so, then the Operating voltage of the fan will be between 7 and 12 V
Q5)Can Power Adjust 2 modify the supplied voltage through the chanell, for instance to the minimum rated 7V, thus lowering the RPM of the fan, noise, and cooling capabilities ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (25. November 2012, 18:39)

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 19:00

The aqua aero fan manual states that each chanel of the fan controller suplies a maximum of 1.65 Amperes to a maximum total combinied of 5 Ampere
Is there such a limitation for the power adjust 2 ?

Montag, 26. November 2012, 00:09

My two cents:

1) yes, that is correct. yes, that is accurate. depends...different size wires are rated for different loads. personally, I would probably use something thicker than 26 awg if I was stringing a whole bunch of fans together. But the typical runs (lengths) in a computer are so short that you can use much smaller wire than an electrician's guide would call for.
2) yes. but you will need some ear plugs if you are really thinking about putting in such fans.
3) yes. and power usage of the fan would drop....but not necessarily the power drawn from the wall.
4) yes.
5) yes it can decrease the voltage. that is really the whole point of the aquaero.

Montag, 26. November 2012, 22:05

Could one power Adjust 2 power 4 Sanyo denki Fans 120mm 38m Fans ?
Specifications:
Manufacture / Brand: Sanyo Denki
Model / Part Number: 109R1212H1011
Size / Dimension: 120mm x 120mm x 38mm
Rated Voltage: 12 VDC
Rated Current: 0.52 Amp
Rated Input Power: - Watt
Fan Speed: 2600 R.P.M. (Revolutions per minute)
Maximum Air Flow: 102.5 CFM (Cubic feet per minute)
Noise Level: 39 dB-A
Maximum Air Pressure: - mmH2O
Bearing Type: Ball
Termination: 12” with 3 Wire Leads
Power Connector: 3pin
Function/Features: Speed Sensor (Tach Out Put)
RoHS Status: RoHS Compliant
I Thinks 4 of them would be on the limit
Theoreticaly :
0.52A x 12 V = 6.24W
6.24W x 4 = 24.96
Power Adjust is rated at 25W Maximum and 48 W startup.
Would that go flawless without problems ?
If so, these are the fans to be had.
Then i'll post my Fan Setup

Dienstag, 27. November 2012, 01:29

Could one power Adjust 2 power 4 Sanyo denki Fans 120mm 38m Fans ?
Specifications:
Manufacture / Brand: Sanyo Denki
Model / Part Number: 109R1212H1011
Size / Dimension: 120mm x 120mm x 38mm
Rated Voltage: 12 VDC
Rated Current: 0.52 Amp
Rated Input Power: - Watt
Fan Speed: 2600 R.P.M. (Revolutions per minute)
Maximum Air Flow: 102.5 CFM (Cubic feet per minute)
Noise Level: 39 dB-A
Maximum Air Pressure: - mmH2O
Bearing Type: Ball
Termination: 12” with 3 Wire Leads
Power Connector: 3pin
Function/Features: Speed Sensor (Tach Out Put)
RoHS Status: RoHS Compliant
I Thinks 4 of them would be on the limit
Theoreticaly :
0.52A x 12 V = 6.24W
6.24W x 4 = 24.96
Power Adjust is rated at 25W Maximum and 48 W startup.
Would that go flawless without problems ?
If so, these are the fans to be had.
Then i'll post my Fan Setup
Yes...you could run them, but nothing is ever flawless. :)

But I'm pretty sure those fans won't operate below 10 volts. If that's true...it negates most of the reason to use the Aquaero and PA2 in the first place. If you can't significantly undervolt them...you can't do a lot to change their speed or their loudness. If you are set on these fans....scrap the Aquaero and power them directly from your PSU. But...buy some ear plugs first. This system will be LOUD!!

Dienstag, 27. November 2012, 17:19

Bytales - what are you planning to cool with 24 or more fans?
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.

Mittwoch, 28. November 2012, 11:54

I've read somewhere on the net that the fans can be lowered up to 5 Volts or something, or 7 at least.
I plan on the following:
1)GPu Loop will cool 4 GPUs, either from 4 Cards or from 2 cards
2)Cpu Loop will cool CPU and aqua aero
1)Gpu loop wil consist of the followoing:
120.4 aquaaero with pump radiator
120.4 radiator with dual loop, 70% will feed the gpu loop
120.4 radiator with dual loop, 70% will feed the gpu loop
2)Cpu loop will consist of the following
120.2 aquaaero with pump radiator
120.4 radiator with dual loop, 30% will feed the cpu loop
120.4 radiator with dual loop, 30% will feed the cpu loop
There are gonna be in total 12 sanyo denkis as push or pull fans with shroud, for the 3x 120.4 radiators
12s Nanoxia 3 pin fans for the 3x 120.4 radiator
2 Nanoxia PWM Fans for the 120.2 radiator pull
2 Noctua PWM 120mm fan for the 120.2 radiator push
2x80 mm noctua case fan
1xnanoxia 120m case fan
4x40mm noctua case fan
I allready figured it out how will they be controlled
12 Sanyo denkis through 3 power adjust, 4 each per PU
4nanoxia fans for the 120.4 radiator each from the 3 pin chanell of the aqua aero in total 12
2 of the 40mm fans will be fed from slot 1 of the aqua aero 3 pin fan togther with the 4 nanoxia
2 of the 40mm fans will be fed from slot 3 of the aqua aero 3 pin fan togther with the 4 nanoxia
2 pull nanoxia pwm will be controlled from the pwm port of the aqua aero for the 120.2 fan
2 push ncotua of the 120.2 are from motherboard cpu 1 and cpu 2 dan headers
2x80mm fans and 120m noctua chasis fan are controlled from the chasis headers of the motherboard
Mortherboard will be asus maximum V extreme.

Mittwoch, 28. November 2012, 15:25

Impressive. It looks to me that you'll be generating something in the range of 700 +/- 100 watts or so, max.
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.

Mittwoch, 28. November 2012, 16:11

You may be right about the voltage. I don't own one.....but was looking at the specs listed that I found online. The specs tabon this site lists an operating voltage range of 10.2 to 13.8 volts. If you are unsure....you might order just one first and make sure its what you really want.

Since you have so much radiator capacity...have you considered running quieter slower fans? I'm doing the same thing in my build with radiators. I've got a lot of them. But I'm using a lot so I could get away with silent fans running around 800 rpm or so. No single radiator in my build will cool as well as it could with louder high speed fans....but I've got so many of them that I'll have fantastic cooling anyway.

Good luck with your build!

Mittwoch, 28. November 2012, 17:45

I considered that, since i will be having so many radiators.
But then there would be no point in buying 3 Power adjusts.
What excites me the most is the fact that a 0.52 A fan will perfectly fit 4 times within the specs of a power adjust.
And since i have the case to house them all, why not.
By the way, buying 4 gpus on 4 cards is something i do not look forward to, sice that uses to many pci slots. I need a pci 3.0 8x slot for an areca 16 slot raid controller also.
All the satas from the motherboard will also be occupied.
Thats why at present the only solution would be 6990 watercooled (since thats the only gpu from amd in dual flavor that has watercooling possibility).
the 3 different 7990 that are on the market have no block available.
The his 7970x2 would be my first choise (draws 570 W at full load - bit coin mining) Two of them would be 1140 W.
I would take that, but theres no watercooling possibility.
The other possibility would be to wait for series 8000 and hope for a standard design 8990 (so that it can get watercooling love).
Getting now 6990 when 8000 is around the corner is something that doesnt make sense.

Mittwoch, 28. November 2012, 21:59

I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one who would buy such a pure software controlled fan controller from Aqua Computer...I need such a thing for not less then 18 Fans. But the AC Staff is stubborn "...there is no need for a fan only controller...", because you could use an Aquaero 5 as master and an Aquaero 5 LT as slave and a few Power Adjust 2...and...and...and...to realize it. But for me it's like needless patchwork...most of the functions of an Aquaero are not used when you only need it to control fans...lots of fans. It's like buying a Ferrari to drive to the next bakery to buy a few buns in the morning, when you only need a bicycle or walk by foot.

Do you know some software controlled pure fan controller on the market?....Nor am I....It's a gap in the market I think.
The bitfenix recon can be software controlled with the Pheobetria third party software. A new version with fan curves will be released soon.
It is a far simpler device but also lower powered.
I have tested and it works with the bitspower and AC water temp sensors

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (28. November 2012, 22:01)

Pilo

Donnerstag, 29. November 2012, 02:42

Thanks for the info Jakusonfire, it's a nice piece auf hardware...you can even control the fans over internet with your smart phone video. BUT, and that's his biggest flaw, only 5 fans and a maximum of 10 ampere are not enough when you have much more fans, like 18 or even 35...and...it's not compatible with the Aquaero and the Aquasuite...
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Freitag, 30. November 2012, 03:42

Oh yeah totally, its just a nice device for simple systems that offers more functionality than other fan controllers without being a complex computer system in its own right like the Aquero