• 16.04.2024, 08:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Hangman

I am confused by Aquacomputer parts.

Montag, 19. August 2013, 10:27

I am new to the Aqua computer parts and will need some serious guidance here. I have read up widely on the setup, configuration and cables but could not fully understand how to set them up in a way that I can control the Aqua pumps and read the flow rate sensor.My aim: I wish to know + control how fast or slow my 2 pumps runs. I will also want to know what the flow rate is. If possible, I be purchasing 2 inline sensor to read the water temperature before water enters my components and read the water temperature again when water exit the components. FYI: I am running single loop cooling 2 graphics cards, 1 CPU and 1 Aqua 5 XT unit. I am also using a huge STH10 casing and as such will need to know where to get long compatible cables with Aqua parts.

Aqua parts I had purchased so far:

Aquaero 5 XT x 01

Aquacomputer D5 Pump Motor with USB and Aquabus Interface x 02 [http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/aqcod5pumowi.html?gclid=CKmjienxiLkCFaU34godYWsATw ]

Aquacomputer 1/4" Thread High Flow USB Flow Rate Sensor X01 [http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/Aquacomputer-14-Thread-High-Flow-USB-Flow-Rate-Sensor--53129-pid-16845.html ]

Aquacomputer Aquaero internal USB-connection cable 100cm X 02 [ http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p2202_Aquacomputer-Aquaero-internal-USB-connection-cable-100cm.html ]

Aquacomputer flow meter cable 3-pin X 02 [ http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p2763_Aquacomputer-flow-meter-cable-3-pin.html ]

Aquacomputer poweradjust or powerbooster connection cable for Laing DDC pumps X02 [ http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p6988_Aquacomputer-poweradjust-or-powerbooster-connection-cable-for-Laing-DDC-pumps.html ]

Aquacomputer poweradjust 2 USB, ultra-series X02 [ http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p9899_Aquacomputer-poweradjust-2-USB--ultra-series.html ]

Aquacomputer mounting plate for poweradjust 2 USB, Aluminium black anodized X01 [ http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p10362_Aquacomputer-mounting-plate-for-poweradjust-2-USB--Aluminium-black-anodized.html ]

Aquacomputer Stecker 3pol. für Relaisausgang (für aquaero 5) X02 [ http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p11315_Aquacomputer-Stecker-3pol--f-r-Relaisausgang--f-r-aquaero-5-.html ]

Aquacomputer aquabus Y-adaptor X02 [ http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p13154_Aquacomputer-aquabus-Y-adaptor.html ]

Aquacomputer aquabus Y-cable 4-Pin X02 [ http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p13256_Aquacomputer-aquabus-Y-cable-4-Pin.html ]

Aquacomputer aquabus cable 4-Pin X02 [ http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p13259_Aquacomputer-aquabus-cable-4-Pin.html ]

I plan to control my 2 pumps using the Poweradjust 2 Ultra; 1 Poweradjust 2 Ultra to control 1 pump. For the flow rate sensor, I plan to connect it directly to the Aquaero 5 XT unit via the 4-pins Aquabus cable.

Questions & Problem:My Aquaero 5 XT is now connected to my motherboard via the 5-pins USB cable. Am I correct to say that I have CONTROL over the pumps if the pumps are connected to the poweradjust 2 ultra and the poweradjust 2 ultra is linked up with Aquaero 5 XT via the 3-pins aquabus cable. All Aquabus cables are 4-pins female-to-female. I can’t find any 3-pins aquabus cable. The poweradjust 2 ultra only have 3-pins aquabus header while the Aquaero 5 XT, Aquacomputer D5 Pump Motor with USB and Aquabus Interface, and the Aquacomputer 1/4" Thread High Flow USB Flow Rate Sensor all had 4-pins aquabus header……so how to get a suitable cable to link up the Poweradjust 2 Ultra with the Aquaero 5 XT ,and Aquacomputer D5 Pump Motor?

I notice the 4-pins aquabus header comprise of 3 circular and 1 square pins while the 3-pins aquabus header consist of 2 circular and 1 square pins. Can I use the 4-pins female-to-female aquabus cable to link the aquaero 5 XT with the poweradjust 2 ultra by making sure that the 3-pins (2 circular and 1 square shaped) on the poweradjust 2 Ultra tally with the 2 circular pins and 1 square-shaped pins on the pumps and aquaero 5 xt?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hangman« (19. August 2013, 10:46)

Montag, 19. August 2013, 11:40

If your using the AC D5 Aquabus pumps they are not controlled via the Power Adjusts!!!...... Their powered by the 12v Molex & then connected to the aquaero 5 via the 4 pin Aquabus... Have a look HERE & have a good read, I've done a quick "how to connect" also for the Aquaero & Aqualis gear... These guides are still being added to as & when I can get/afford the various Items, But have a read & it may help to clear some things up for you..... Hopefully ;)...

Good Luck..

N.

Hangman

Montag, 19. August 2013, 12:01

Ok, I had bought 2 of these http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.ph…able-4-Pin.html which can be use to connect the 2 pumps to my aquaero 5 xt. However, my aquaero 5 xt only have got only one 4-pins slot which is high-powered (aqua 2).

Aqua 1 is low-powered meant for tube-ment etc. Can i connect the Aquacomputer aquabus Y-cable 4-Pin X02 [ http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p13256_Aquacomputer-aquabus-Y-cable-4-Pin.html ] to the aqua 2 4-pins port on my aquaero 5 xt and the fit in 2 of these Aquacomputer aquabus cable 4-Pin [ http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p13259_Aquacomputer-aquabus-cable-4-Pin.html ] to both end of the splitter and connect it to both my pumps Aquacomputer D5 Pump Motor with USB and Aquabus Interface x 02 [http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/aqcod5pumowi.html?gclid=CKmjienxiLkCFaU34godYWsATw ] ????

Montag, 19. August 2013, 12:34

As says in my guides... You can use the 4 pin cable along with Y splitters & 3 pin cables together (some MPS sensors only have a 3 pin Aquabus connections) & connect upto 4 MPS type items to the High speed aquabus on the Aquaero at any one time. All the MPS Sensors, Pumps & Power Adjusts e.t.c e.t.c get connect to the Aquaero through the "High Speed" Aquabus only (they can also be connected Via the USB, if you so desire & have enough MB USB Headers)... So if you have two Aquabus pumps & a Aquabus Flow meter you will need 2 Y splitters cables & daisy chain them together (as I show in the Pictorial guide) to give you the 3 Aquabus connections you want... Simples ;)

N.

PS. If your going to be using the the 2 Power Adjusts aswell (daisy chained together) you will need a 3rd Y splitter cable to give you 4 connections to the "High Speed Aquabus" on the Aquaero... 2 x Pumps + 1 x Flow meter + 2 x PA's... You cannot connect the MPS type sensors through the Power Adjust, these need to be connected direct to the high speed Aquabus, as I said, you can connect upto 4 MPS sensors at a time but any amount of other Items that use the Aquabus but aren't MPS Sensors, Like the Power adjust (you can connect 8 power adjust if you wanted & still attach 4 MPS sensors)..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (19. August 2013, 12:44)

Hangman

Dienstag, 20. August 2013, 05:15

Thanks Namron, appreciate your guidance.

I did read up your guide over at your web but still can't figure out how am i going to connect the poweradjust 2 ultra and the aquaero 5 xt together.

I fully undertstand the part on using the 4-pins Y-splitter to 'increase' the number of high-powered aquabus connector from 1 to 4 using 3 Y-spliiter. Since my 2 pumps and flow rate sensor have 4-pins aquabus connector, they should be able to link up to the 4-pins Y-splitter cable (using 4-pins cable as extension)and connect straight to the aquaero 5 xt.

The poweradjust 2 ultra have got only a 3-pins aquabus connector while the aquaero 5 xt have a 4-pins aquabus connector. So how am i going to connect the poweradjust 2 ultra and the aquaero 5 xt together? Instruction manual state that the 3-pins aquabus connector on the poweradjust 2 ultra is indeed the one to use to connect to the aquaero 5 xt but i can't figure out the cabling. Do i use this: http://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere-for…english-forum/? ?

I am running a total of 16 corsair 12v fans and have bought 2 poweradjust 2 ultra. Can i connect 8 fans to each poweradjust 2 ultra and connect their speed via voltage-control?

i managed to link up my high flow rate sensor (the one with USB) to the motherboard using the USB port and is able to see the sensor flow rate under the "MPS" section in aquasuite. However, i can't see them via the aquaero 5 xt unit. If i want to be able to see and control the flow rate sensor, pump and fans on both my aquaero 5 xt and in aquasuite, i need them all to be connected to the aquaero 5 xt via the aquabus right? Then link the aquaero 5 xt via USB to the motherboard.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hangman« (20. August 2013, 09:03)

Dienstag, 20. August 2013, 09:31

I don't understand the problem with regards to the Power Adjust connections??.... It shows in the guide you simply connect the 3 pin power adjust cable to the 4 pin aquabus cable/ Y splitter... they'll only connect the one way as shown in the pic?....

The fourth pin on the Aquabus cables only carries the constant power from the Aquaero 5 unit (provided your using the AC Power connector 24 pin ATX standby power/ATX break with the main aquaero 5 unit)..

I'm a wee bit confused as to why your wanting to put all the fans on the power adjusts??... Why aren't you using the 4 fan headers on the Aquaero main unit for the fans or some of the fans at least?.. you can still control them when their connected to the main unit...

I've not yet had a chance to connected my "High flow MPS sensor" (been very busy).... But from what I can gather you need to have it connected via the USB to be able to see it in it's own Control Tab... If it's just connected Via the Aquabus then you need to set up an "Overview Page" Chart to show the flow rate... As I said I've not had a chance to use this unit myself yet, but from what I've read from other users using the "High Flow" USB sensor, for some reason it doesn't seem to show up in aquasuite/aquaero 5 main tab when connected just via the Aquabus...So it seems for now at least to leave it connected Via the USB to get the unit to show the flow in it's own control tab if you'd rather have it shown on the screen like this..

Hope this helps... I have to go to work now (I'm late already :) )..... Let me know later how you get on e.t.c...

N.

Hangman

Dienstag, 20. August 2013, 10:54

Thanks Namron. I want to check if i am right in my understanding. Both the 4-pin aquabus cable and the 3-pin aquabus cable are female-to-female. Only the Y-splitter cable is a female-to-2 male. So you are saying that i can just connect this http://www.frozencpu.com/products/19438/…able_53122.html to the 3-pin male port on the poweradjust 2? or must i use the 3-pin aquabus cable provided to connect to the poweradjust 2 and then connect the female-to-female 3-pin aquabus cable to the female-to-female 4-pin aquabus cable via using a standard 3-pin male-to-female fan cable?

I have watercooled my aquaero 5xt and is currently only running 8 Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition fans off it; 4 on channel 2 and another 4 on channel 3. Temperature is high 30s, around 38 degree.

I have another 8 Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition fans which is connected straight to my PSU now. I wanted to run these 8 fans off aquaero 5 xt as well. But, will running 4 fans each on all the 4 channels cause the aquaero 5 xt to overheat?

Also, i heard running 4 fans off a single poweradjust 2 will cause the poweradjust 2 to overheat easily. Is this true?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hangman« (20. August 2013, 12:32)

Dienstag, 20. August 2013, 13:34

Thanks Namron. I want to check if i am right in my understanding. Both the 4-pin aquabus cable and the 3-pin aquabus cable are female-to-female. Only the Y-splitter cable is a female-to-2 male. So you are saying that i can just connect this http://www.frozencpu.com/products/19438/…able_53122.html to the 3-pin male port on the poweradjust 2? or must i use the 3-pin aquabus cable provided to connect to the poweradjust 2 and then connect the female-to-female 3-pin aquabus cable to the female-to-female 4-pin aquabus cable via using a standard 3-pin male-to-female fan cable?

For the power adjusts you use the 3 pin cabled provided to link the power adjusts together........ then use another 3 pin cable (a 3 pin fan cable is fine for this) to connect the last Power adjust to either the 4 pin aquabus cable/ Y splitter cable or direct to the 4 pin header on the aquaero 5 "High Speed" aquabus.....
When connecting the PA's together you need to connect the 3 pin Aquabus cable from the "High Speed Aquabus" on the first PA to the "Low Speed Aquabus" on the second PA then use the other 3 pin Aquabus cable from the "High Speed Aquabus" on the second PA to the "High Speed Aquabus" of the Aquaero 5..... Be that the Y splitter or direct to the header on the Aquaero 5....

I have watercooled my aquaero 5xt and is currently only running 8 Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition fans off it; 4 on channel 2 and another 4 on channel 3. Temperature is high 30s, around 38 degree.

I would imagine you could run 4 fans of each of the Aquaero 5's fan headers & still be well under the temp threshold of the VRM's (the VRM's only kick in when the temps reach around 95°c) as you have it water cooled if you wanted!! :)

I have another 8 Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition fans which is connected straight to my PSU now. I wanted to run these 8 fans off aquaero 5 xt as well. But, will running 4 fans each on all the 4 channels cause the aquaero 5 xt to overheat?

I'm not familiar with these fans to be honest, so not sure what they draw power wise... but it's worth giving it a try to see whether 4 on each header would cause the VRM's to kick in due to high temps. But I think it would be OK (Guessing ;) )

Also, i heard running 4 fans off a single poweradjust 2 will cause the poweradjust 2 to overheat easily. Is this true?

I've never even come close to over heating a Power adjust to be honest, But then I've only ever run 3 fans at any one time using a PA..... If push came to shove you could perhaps put 3 fans on each Aquaero 5 header (12 fans) then put 2 fans on each of the 2 PA's (4 fans) if your not too happy with the temps from the Aquaero 5 when it has 4 fans per header?..
Hope I've explained OK & you understand what I mean :D ..... Sorry I can't be more specific on the amount of fans per header, but as I said I'm not familiar with those fans so it might pay to have a play around & see what temps the Aquaero 5 VRM's reach yourself.... You might find it's fine & the VRM temps stay a good few degrees below their maximum allowed temp.....

Anyway give it a shot & let us know how you get on.... Remember to make sure you have the power disconnected from the aquaero 5 before you start to unplug & plug in various fans e.t.c... The Aquaero units e.t.c don't take kindly to being messed with when there is still power connected to them :)

Hangman

Dienstag, 20. August 2013, 18:45

For the power adjusts you use the 3 pin cabled provided to link the power adjusts together........ then use another 3 pin cable (a 3 pin fan cable is fine for this) to connect the last Power adjust to either the 4 pin aquabus cable/ Y splitter cable or direct to the 4 pin header on the aquaero 5 "High Speed" aquabus.....
When connecting the PA's together you need to connect the 3 pin Aquabus cable from the "High Speed Aquabus" on the first PA to the "Low Speed Aquabus" on the second PA then use the other 3 pin Aquabus cable from the "High Speed Aquabus" on the second PA to the "High Speed Aquabus" of the Aquaero 5..... Be that the Y splitter or direct to the header on the Aquaero 5....

The 3-pin aquabus cable that comes with the poweradjust 2 have connectors on both end; it have no pins sticking out. I understand i can pluck the 3-pin aquabus cable onto 3-pins headers on the poweradjust 2. However, how am i going to connect the 3-pin aquabus (bearing in mind both ends are connectors NOT pins) to the 4-pins aquabus cable which also have just connectors on both end? In order to connect 2 wire together i would need to have one wire with connector and the other wire with a header right?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hangman« (20. August 2013, 18:47)

Dienstag, 20. August 2013, 22:06

Connect the 3 pin PA Aquabus cable to the 4 pin Ysplitter cable thats connected to the Aquaero 5 Aquabus?????...... If you have put a 4 pin Aqua cable into the Y splitter, then obviously you will need to take that out so the 3 pin cable can plug into there???...

If your 3 pin cables are too short then you'll need to lengthen them or change the end of it or get some longer 3 pin fan cables or take out the 4 pin Aquabus cable and replace it with the 3 pin fan cable???...

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (20. August 2013, 22:28)

Hangman

Mittwoch, 21. August 2013, 05:19

Ok, here is my setup plan. Somehow i realise i have no use for the 2 poweradjust ultra i ordered.

Mittwoch, 21. August 2013, 11:09

That set up looks fine Hangman..... Providing the Aquaero 5 can handle four of those fans on each header.. (I think it will but not certain as I've not used those fans before).... You'd have to try it & see.... If it proves to much for the unit then you could always split 4 fans between either two PA's or probably get away with four fans on one PA (again not sure as it depends what the power draw of each fan will be when undervolting them for speed e.t.c)....

N.

Donnerstag, 22. August 2013, 13:28

I believe those fans are rated at 0.18A each. Look it up to be sure, you should know which ones you bought. So, 1.65/0.18= 9. Let's say we want to be on the safe side and compensate for possible startup draw being higher, and only run 8 fans per channel. (8 x 0.18 =1.44A) or be ultra safe and only run 6 of those fans per channel (6 x 0.18 = 1.08A)
The Aquaero's channels are rated at 1.65A. As long as you don't exceed that or cause the amps to heat up by undervolting too much you should be fine. If you do over heat the unit will default to 100% output due to way it's designed. Should that happen then consider using the water block or aiming a fan at the unit.

I would recommend setting Start Boost for any channel with multiple non-pwm fans undervolted. This will add a little juice at startup to get the fans spinning and then often they can be ran at lower speeds via the Aquasuite controller. Experimenting will tell you what you can do.

Freitag, 23. August 2013, 05:00

4 SP120 on a channel is totally fine. They are very low power fans for their speed. I have put 3 on one channel and at 7V the fan amps barely warm at all. That is with the smallest standard air heatsink.
In contrast 3 Noiseblocker eloop b12-3 on one channel really heats up the amps much more.

Startup draw is not a big deal on the Aquaero because it doesn't start the fans at full 12V so the start draw is much lower.

With that many fans the higher speed is really not needed at all and I would recommend using the low noise adaptors to lower the fans speed. It means the Aquaero has to undervolt less and less heat is produced.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (23. August 2013, 05:05)

Montag, 30. November 2015, 13:14

That set up looks fine Hangman..... Providing the Aquaero 5 can handle four of those fans on each header.. (I think it will but not certain as I've not used those fans before).... You'd have to try it & see.... If it proves to much for the unit then you could always split 4 fans between either two PA's or probably get away with four fans on one PA (again not sure as it depends what the power draw of each fan will be when undervolting them for speed e.t.c)....

N.
Hi,

Im going through a very similar build setup, the one thing I wanted to know is with the Aqua Computer USB D5 Pumps (im only using USB for initial setup then disconnecting), Hangman's diagram has them connected through the 4 Pin aquabus which also provides power, these pumps also have a hard wired 4pin molex which connects directly to the PSU. So my question is, can I just use the 3 pin aquabus for communication from the D5 to my AQ5LT or do I have to use the 4 pin as per your diagram above? if I have to use the 4 pin, why is that given the pump also gets direct power from the Molex/PSU?

Thanks,

James.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mcrustk2« (30. November 2015, 13:49)

Montag, 30. November 2015, 17:20

I have to use the 4 pin, why is that given the pump also gets direct power from the Molex/PSU?
you have to use the 4-Pin aquabus cable AND power the pump with the molex.

Montag, 30. November 2015, 23:37

Hi Sebastian, thanks for responding. You didnt say why I had to use the 4 pin aquabus as well as molex, even though the D5 is only supplied with 3 pin aquabus .. -- whats the difference?

Also, this chap has used 3 pin aquabus & 4 pin molex connected to a AQ5LT?

Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2015, 11:52

All aquabus devices that are powered through the PSU can be connected via a 3-pin aquabus cable. The 4-pin variant is required when there is no further power source. So far this is only true for the mps sensor when they are used without USB.

A 4-pin connection cable can be still used for PSU-powered devices and sometimes it helps to prevent strange communication issues between devices. In other words: it is a bit more reliable.

Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2015, 14:09

Great! thankyou Shoggy for clearing that up.

One last question.

I have have 1 Aquaero5 LT and 2 standard high speed flow sensors , I need to use the special flow sensor cable. Given the Aquaero only has 1 'flow' connector, do AC sell a flow sensor splitter cable?

OR

Am I wrong in thinking that the cable connects to the 'flow' output on the AQ5 and actually, one end of the standard flow sensor cable is the normal high speed aquabus, in which case I can just chain them with normal aquabus splitters?

Thanks!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mcrustk2« (1. Dezember 2015, 14:14)

Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2015, 16:02

Since this sensor is no aquabus device, you can not connect two or more of them to the same port.

The second sensor must be connected to fan channel #1. Its configuration can be switched to act as a second flow sensor port. Of course you can not use this channel for anything else in this configuration.