• 17.04.2024, 01:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Fan reading bouncing between 0 and 1752 rpm

Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2013, 20:19

So I have connected all my fans to my aquaero and my poweradjust ultra and I'm getting strange readings from them.
They are showing unstable rpm readings.
They vary between 0 and 1752rpm on every channel and range from 0.9amp to 1.2 amp. I have a graph that shows the last 1 min and it's like a lie detector test.
There are 3 per channel and6 channels. I'm not trying to lower the speeds. They are all the same brand and model fans.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2013, 01:39

Do you have more than one fan reporting RPM back to the Aquaero?

What method are you using to control the fans, power or RPM?

Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2013, 03:37

I'm using power from Aquaero to control although I haven't messed with rpm settings yet.
They are not pwm fans.
They all have 3 pins and are connected to a 3 way splitter and onto the Aquaero
Thanks

Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2013, 05:44

Okay, using a 3-way splitter on the fans means you are sending 3 different frequency signals to the one fan header and confusing the aquaero. While you can power more than one fan from a single fan header via a splitter, you cannot report more than one fan frequency. You are trying to report three at once, hence why you are seeing fluctuating readings. This has nothing to do with PWM which is something entirely different.

appel

Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2013, 12:06

Can you send a picture of your splitter.
if its the splitter for aquabus then its what cc01 said. (this splitter splits all cables, for fans you need a splitter that splits just 2 cables and the remaining cable is only going to 1 fan)

Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2013, 19:47

Here is the splitter I'm using.
I have 6 of these. Each has 3 fans connected.
There is one of these per channel on my 3 poweradjusts and 1 per channel on my Aquaero XT
Fan Splitters
AquaSuite ScreenShot

appel

Freitag, 13. Dezember 2013, 18:34

i actually don't know about the internals of that splitter.
but since its made for fans i have to guess that it only lets 1 fan return its speed signal.
try to switch places of which fan is on which header of the splitter. (maybe 1 fan is faulty)
if that doesnt work, just connect 2 fans and not 3 (you seem to be using a lot of power).

Sonntag, 15. Dezember 2013, 14:29

I think I had a similar splitter as that one once.....it has traces that connect all 3 signals from the fans to the output header. What you can do is scratch the rpm trace all the way through between the 1sr & 2nd fan so that only the first fan closest to the output header is producing an rpm signal to the output header
Like was said, only one fan in a group can report rpm or else the device has no idea what is going on.

A good thing to do is educate yourself on fan wiring and learn how it works. People that have a lot of fans in their rig usually learn how to make their own wiring harnesses. For example I have several fan harnesses I made that are connected to 8 fans. In each case the rpm wire is picked up from one fan only and sent to the fan controller.

I have seen lots of fan splitter devices that are made wrong, you have to be careful what you buy.

Sonntag, 15. Dezember 2013, 16:45

When I use splitters that connect more than one RPM cable all I do is depin the RPM wire from the fan connectors on all but the first fan. Its quick and easy and the pin can just pop back in if you want to change it later.

Sonntag, 15. Dezember 2013, 23:40

Awesome Advice. Thanks for your replies.
So I just have to remove the rpm wire from all but one on each channel.
Is this diagram correct? (Diagram is not my fan wires but used only for illustration)
Thanks

Montag, 16. Dezember 2013, 01:07

That's it. :thumbup: