• 17.06.2024, 23:42
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Double Protect Coolant Biocede Require?

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2014, 01:17

I have a question regarding the Double Protect Coolant and the Glow motion Coolant

From what i understand these had inhibitors for disimilar metals but do they have biocede to protect against algae?

Would i need to use a silver coil, biocede additive?
?(
?(

Thankyou :)

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2014, 04:30

Most coolants from various companies have biocides, you can add a silver coil as it don't cost a huge amount extra.

Personally i use deionized water and normal car anti freeze which has done me well over several years causing no build up of algae or corrosion in dissimilar metaks

Pilo

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2014, 06:41

I filled up my loop, which contains a 5 1/4" Koolance Drive Bay Reservoir, a CPU water block, two full cover GPU water blocks, >4 meter of 13/10 tubing, a 360 Aquaduct and a 9x140 Mo-Ra 3 Radiator with only one bottle of clear Double Protect Ultra and distilled water only. The loop is running over 2 years now without replacing the coolant. I just filled up the evaporated water with new distilled water again and again and nothing else and have no problems with algae till today. The coolant is as clear as 2 years ago. But I must say, that I never flushed the loop and components with tap water, because piped water contains a small amount of algae which remain in the water cooling loop after rinsing. The algae multiplies after time in the warm cooling water without water additives. You must consider though, the abstain of using tap water for flushing the loop could be the main reason why my coolant is almost as new as two years ago. Nevertheless, it also could be the effect of the Double Protect Ultra, even after diluting it this much.
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2014, 13:34

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy3u10r3qmuizz…%2022.24.42.jpg

The issue I am having is the water in the loop has started to go bad I think. Take a look at the picture above.

In my loop I have used:

Kyros HF 1155 socket
Primo chill LRT Tubing
EK MOSFET block (Perspex)
EK XTX Radiators
Monsoon white Fittings
Aqua stream XT Ultra Pump
X3 250 Rez

I have put pure double protect clear in the loop n dropped a silver coil in the Rez.

Help Please :S

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Neoload« (16. Februar 2014, 13:35)

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2014, 15:52

Hi Neoload,

How long has your loop been running for? At first glance it does not look like algae to me, but more like the flux residue from the radiators. Did you flush them properly before assembling the loop?

I've been running my latest loop with just pure distilled water and a silver coil for 6 months now and no problems so far.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Samstag, 22. Februar 2014, 19:06

My loop has been running for around 5 months. I flushed the radiators out with distilled water.