• 28.04.2024, 08:55
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquastream XT - Bubbles?

Montag, 24. März 2014, 00:04

Good evening,

I'm have a slight issue with my pump: It makes somekind of bubbles noise when water temperature rises above 30°C to 35°C and with pump frequency set to at least 60Hz.
As soon as the temperature drops, the noise is gone (and no bubbles ciculating in the loop).

The noise seems to originate from the back of the pump (yellow cap); it almost look like air is trapped in this part.

I already made sure the system is fully bled (3 days of moving the case around, bleeding using slow and eventually high pump speed) and that there are no leaks.
I also played around with my fitting (quite a few rotaries) and no air enters the loop (or water leaks).

System: RES - PUMP - GPU - 240 rad - CPU - 240 rad

Could this be linked to a faulty pump (O-Ring - looks fine to me, inlet connection "screws in" just fine) ?

Kind regards.

NOTE: please disregard the bubbles in the reservoir, this was a picture I took when bleeding the loop.
»psteph« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • IMG_0020.JPG
  • IMG_0024.JPG

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »psteph« (24. März 2014, 00:07)

Montag, 24. März 2014, 11:59

Hi psteph,

Interesting problem. This is just a guess, but it is possible that you are facing a phenomenon called cavitation. Liquid temperature and propeller (pump) speed are related to the occurrence of cavitation. The higher these values are, the more likely it is that it will occur. Is the noise that you hear a sort of a crackling sound? Now, as I say, this is just a guess, something I would look into if I have a similar problem.

Also, your inlet setup is not really ideal in my opinion. I like to have the reservoir above the pump and to use as few bends as possible, so the pump has no trouble getting the right amount of liquid. Anyway, the column of water in the reservoir in your setup should generate more than enough pressure to properly prime the pump and it can be hard to find a better solution, so just something to think about.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Montag, 24. März 2014, 13:08

Hi bcikota and thanks for your help.

It's hard to describe the noise but It's similar to a waterfall (a small one that is :D). No cracking sound except when running it at < 55Hz (motor noise).

You're right, I used three rotaries (one Q Fitting under the reservoir and two 90°).
I would have liked to link both of these with straight fittings but it's just not possible (not enough room without either kinking the tube or the pump moving around).
As you said it could be the pump struggling to get enough water and eventually leading to cavitation. That would be strange with a 150ml reservoir anyway.

I may remove the optical bay and move the reservoir up to free some space but there's no way to do so on the 350D, unless I cut it.
Another solution would be to use the Aquacomputer D5 (qui smaller than the Aquastream but maybe noisier).

One way or another I'll wait a few days, drain the loop, try straight fittings and eventually change the pump.

Regards.