• 31.05.2024, 04:10
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

how many fans can the pump control on its own?

Dienstag, 2. September 2014, 17:02

I plan to use the pump to control 3 fans they are 12v fans, I am not planning on having these at full speed. i am using a 3 way splitter from the pump. Will this be OK.

Dienstag, 2. September 2014, 17:29

Which pump are you speaking of?

I am somewhat of a novice to the PC water cooling industry, but I don't think pumps generally control fans.
If you meant the "3 way splitter" to be the 4 pin Molex power connector, that is certainly doable, but you have no control over the fans unless you control them manual with a rheostat or something.

its an aquastream xt and can control fans

Dienstag, 2. September 2014, 18:39

its an aquastream xt and can control fans, without a controller it can control and with just the pump you can control 5W worth of fans

Dienstag, 2. September 2014, 20:35

Indeed, ihe Aquastream does control fans.

According to the manual as long as the fans total wattage is less than or equal to 5 watts, you should be fine.

Zitat

7.6. Connector “fan” (advanced and ultra version only)
Regulated fan output with speed signal processing. Maximum power output 5
Watts
. Maximum power is dynamically limited through temperature monitoring to
prevent damage to the pump controller board. If the internal electronics temperature
sensor reading exceeds approximately 80 °C, the fan output is set to 100 %
power to minimize power dissipation. If the sensor reading rises further to approximately
100 °C, the fan out put is set to 0 % power and effectively switched off. In
both cases, the pump controller activates the manual control option for the fan
output. This setting remains active until it is manually reset through the aquasuite
software. However, the fan output is not short-circuit proof!
Pin assignment:
Pin 1: GND
Pin 2: 0-12 V
Pin 3: Speed signal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (2. September 2014, 20:36)

does not control fans well

Mittwoch, 3. September 2014, 18:41

that did not go well, i worked out my three fans are well within 5 watt margin and it wrecked all the fans they would start up and squeak then tick, this ticking will now not go away even if they are put back into a fan controller.

Mittwoch, 3. September 2014, 22:09

Which Aquastream XT version do you have?
And which fans?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (3. September 2014, 22:40)

these

Donnerstag, 4. September 2014, 23:03

this fan http://www.alphacool.com/product_info.ph…1kujepenskkp815

this pump aquastream xt ultra

Freitag, 5. September 2014, 04:10

Nice fans.

Only thing I can think of to check is the pin-outs on the pump for the fan, and the fan cable used.
If something is swapped it may have detrimental effect on the fan.

all fan headers can only be installed one way

Freitag, 5. September 2014, 14:04

all fan headers can only be installed one way, there is no way of setting it up wrong.

Freitag, 12. September 2014, 19:39

I had same question beginning of year, On the aquastream xt ultra, You have to get the lowest wattage fans, I have been usnig 3 of Noctua NF-A14 FLX 140mm Case Fan, on my rad, The only adjustment I had to make was startup up power is 30% i think. But no problems at all. They will turn on when needed and can ramp up 100%. It is great!!!!! I do have a large fin coolgate rad, so i do not need allot of cfm on the fans.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Maximization« (12. September 2014, 19:44)