• 26.04.2024, 19:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MPS left over from machining between the threading from each side

Samstag, 21. Februar 2015, 14:01

I just recieved my flow sensor mps 200 and it is truly a tiny item.
When I looked closely through the hole I could see some leftover from the machining and wondered if this is ok, or should I return it?
It was impossible for me to take Photos that showed it all, but you can see some of it on the images here. There are some stuff in the threads as well.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dintid« (21. Februar 2015, 14:03)

Samstag, 21. Februar 2015, 18:03

You definitely want to talk to the support group at aquacomputer about that.

They advised me to NOT have angled fittings near the inflow to the sensor, because turbulence from the fitting would confuse the device.
The instruction was to leave as long a straight run into the sensor as possible.

The leavings in that bore may create turbulence and possibly yield incorrect results.

Samstag, 21. Februar 2015, 19:11

You definitely want to talk to the support group at aquacomputer about that.

They advised me to NOT have angled fittings near the inflow to the sensor, because turbulence from the fitting would confuse the device.
The instruction was to leave as long a straight run into the sensor as possible.

The leavings in that bore may create turbulence and possibly yield incorrect results.

I thought as much. I sent them a support request earlier with link to this thread for images.

I read about the elbow fittings and turbulence before I bought it, but I sort of have to do it anyway. Longest straight run in my system is a few cm.

I thought about using a new drill with diameter that matches the inner radius and make a few rounds to get the plastic away. - using my fingers only, but not going to do anything untill they get back to me on the subject.

Samstag, 28. Februar 2015, 14:07

I was told I could return it if i wanted to.

But I could also take out the left over plastics with some small tweezers and that is how they did it.

After I found some small tweezers and removed the small plastics I noticed the center wasn't entirely round... they told me it didn't matter, but my flow really seems off by a mile.

Sonntag, 1. März 2015, 14:35

Zitat

they told me it didn't matter, but my flow really seems off by a mile.

How far prior to the inlet of the flow sensor is your nearest angular fitting?

Sonntag, 1. März 2015, 14:49

Zitat

they told me it didn't matter, but my flow really seems off by a mile.

How far prior to the inlet of the flow sensor is your nearest angular fitting?

Not far ;) Been using another sensor previously and it wasn't this bad though (readings being bad that is)

Sonntag, 1. März 2015, 19:33

The fittings at the inlet may be the culprit. Snippet below from MPS Manual

Zitat

4. Flow sensor mps flow 100/200/400

4.1. Technology and specific characteristics
The sensors of the mps flow series are technically based on a differential pressure
measurement and do not contain any rotating components. Due to the high sensitivity
of the integrated pressure sensors, the sensors pose only a minimal flow resistance.
In addition, the sensors are extremely compact.
On the other side, this concept has some limitations regarding compatibility with
different types of hoses and fittings. As a general rule, only straight fittings should
be used to connect a mps flow sensor to the cooling system. Angular fittings alter
the flow through the sensor and thereby may falsify flow detection up to the point
where the sensor is rendered useless

If you cannot alter the loop, perhaps you could try Flow sensor "high flow USB" G1/4.
It looks to be about 20mm wider, but uses a mechanical impeller which may not be influenced by turbulence. Snippet below from MPS Manual

Zitat

5. Flow sensor „high flow USB“

5.1. Technology and specific characteristics
The flow sensor „high flow USB“ features an integrated impeller which is driven by
coolant flow through the sensor. Movement of the impeller is electronically detected
and converted into a flow value.

5.2. Integration into the cooling loop
Install suitable fittings into the threads of the sensor. Gently tighten the fittings by
hand and do not use excessive force in order not to damage the threads in the
plastic body. Connect both sides of the sensor to your cooling loop, flow direction
is not relevant for this sensor.

Sonntag, 1. März 2015, 19:44

Zitat

The sensors of the mps flow series are technically based on a differential pressure
measurement and do not contain any rotating components. Due to the high sensitivity
of the integrated pressure sensors, the sensors pose only a minimal flow resistance.
On the other side, this concept has some limitations regarding compatibility with
different types of hoses and fittings. As a general rule, only straight fittings should
be used to connect a mps flow sensor to the cooling system. Angular fittings alter
the flow through the sensor and thereby may falsify flow detection up to the point

If you cannot alter the loop, perhaps you could try Flow sensor "high flow USB" G1/4.
It looks to be about 20mm wider, but uses a mechanical impeller which may not be influenced by turbulence. Snippet below from MPS Manual

Zitat

The flow sensor „high flow USB“ features an integrated impeller which is driven by
coolant flow through the sensor. Movement of the impeller is electronically detected

Install suitable fittings into the threads of the sensor. Gently tighten the fittings by
plastic body. Connect both sides of the sensor to your cooling loop, flow direction

I might move the flow sensor mps Down to the straight run of White tubeing and make an elbow fitting on the outlet.

Buying an additional sensor is not an option for me as I just bought this one. They are unfortunately rather expensive :!:

Aqua-computer staff suggested making a manual calibration using a couple of 10L buckets or similar, which I might end up doing if the replacement unit doesnt improve on the accuracy.

Montag, 2. März 2015, 23:52

Zitat

Zitat

I realized that my first response rejected your suggestion out of hand, for which I apologize. I'm thankfull for your inputs, and it might very well be the best solution, although it would be a bother to put in the larger unit in my loop.

I'll see if I can make it better by rearranging it a tad. Will "report" back ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dintid« (2. März 2015, 23:53)

Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 19:53

:) no offense taken... I realized you were thinking out loud.
I managed to get about 90 to 100 mm of straight run into the sensor on mine. Hoping it's enough.

Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 21:34

:) no offense taken... I realized you were thinking out loud.
I managed to get about 90 to 100 mm of straight run into the sensor on mine. Hoping it's enough.

It really should be as 9-10cm is A LOT! I pretty much only build mini-itx systems, and I don't have a single cable run that long in my case!!

I talked to Aqua-computer and I can get my mps switched to a high-flow thingie if i can't get this to Work properly.

One thing I've noticed is how the MPS seems to Loose the settings after comple power-off. Ie, I have to reset flow-calibration parameters..

You know what the "internal temperature sensor" is? It doesn't seem to be Water temp.. or at least it doesn't match my other sensors if it is.

edit, a few pictures of my build so far.. still need my ram-block :).. Last image is the cause of my flow problems I take it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dintid« (3. März 2015, 21:38)

Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 22:53

Internal temperature sensor is something all MPS pressure devices have. It is used for sensor self-calibration and it is not the water temperature.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 23:33

Internal temperature sensor is something all MPS pressure devices have. It is used for sensor self-calibration and it is not the water temperature.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Thanks, nice to know :)

Mittwoch, 4. März 2015, 05:47

One thing I've noticed is how the MPS seems to Loose the settings after comple power-off. Ie, I have to reset flow-calibration parameters..

Do you have the USB connection implemented? MPS manual

Zitat

12.2. Sensor configuration flow sensor mps flow

The flow sensors of the mps flow 100/200/400 sensors are based upon a differential
pressure measurement around a nozzle element that is greatly affected by
installed fittings and hoses. Please start by selecting the sensor type, then select the
type of fittings you have installed into the sensor. Confirm your selection by clicking
“Import calibration data”.
For accurate flow measurement, the zero flow value must be calibrated regularly,
therefore “Automatic calibration of zero flow” is activated by default. If activated,
the sensor will perform a calibration of the zero flow value when the pump is not
running, for example if the PC is in standby and the sensor is still powered by USB
connection
. If you decide not to use automatic calibration, you will have to manually
perform a calibration on a regular basis by clicking “Set current flow to zero”
when the pump is not running.

Mittwoch, 4. März 2015, 07:54

Do you have the USB connection implemented? MPS manual

Zitat

12.2. Sensor configuration flow sensor mps flow

The flow sensors of the mps flow 100/200/400 sensors are based upon a differential
pressure measurement around a nozzle element that is greatly affected by
installed fittings and hoses. Please start by selecting the sensor type, then select the
type of fittings you have installed into the sensor. Confirm your selection by clicking
“Import calibration data”.
For accurate flow measurement, the zero flow value must be calibrated regularly,
therefore “Automatic calibration of zero flow” is activated by default. If activated,
the sensor will perform a calibration of the zero flow value when the pump is not
running, for example if the PC is in standby and the sensor is still powered by USB
connection
. If you decide not to use automatic calibration, you will have to manually
perform a calibration on a regular basis by clicking “Set current flow to zero”
when the pump is not running.

Yea, I use both USB and Aquabus. Wanted to see what Aquabus did.

I read the manual, but didn't expect the device to calibrate at least once a day 8|
Yuors do the same?
It drops the settings for tubes as well. That doesn't seem like normal to me. At least it isn't Automatic calibration as I have to configure the parameters before it can auto-calibrate.

I do not have the Means (2 large buckets and manual pump control) to do manual calibration, so I use auto. Guess the manual is a bit unclear on how often "a regular basis" is.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dintid« (4. März 2015, 07:58)

Mittwoch, 4. März 2015, 13:06

Zitat

Yuors do the same?
I haven't fired mine up yet... waiting for a couple items so I can fill it..

Zitat

It drops the settings for tubes as well. That doesn't seem like normal to me. At least it isn't Automatic calibration as I have to configure the parameters before it can auto-calibrate.
Are you saving the settings by clicking on the little floppy disk icon?

Mittwoch, 4. März 2015, 13:07

Zitat

Yuors do the same?
I haven't fired mine up yet... waiting for a couple items so I can fill it..

Zitat

Are you saving the settings by clicking on the little floppy disk icon?

yea, I am :P

Mittwoch, 4. März 2015, 20:50

Just redid the top of my loop to make room for as long a run as I could squeeze in there.
It's not possible to make a longer straight run.

I don't know how long it takes for it to calibrate or what it does, but now it says flow at 62 L/H. I don't know if that is realistic or not. It jus bugs me how it tops out at 200L/H very quickly... I don't run my pump fast, but I'd like to have the option.

While at it I added 1 drop of biocide and 1 drop of blue dye - going to change the Water later this month when I get a new ram-block, and was curious how it would look.
Was surprised at the very cloudy look the biocide caused... it was dilluted some, but still.

Mittwoch, 4. März 2015, 22:18

I recently used Feser corrosion blocker for the first time, since I had it at home and never tried it. It clouded the water a lot, but after a day of the loop running it has almost fully cleared.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Donnerstag, 5. März 2015, 06:48

I recently used Feser corrosion blocker for the first time, since I had it at home and never tried it. It clouded the water a lot, but after a day of the loop running it has almost fully cleared.

Kind regards,
Boris.

I've used Feeser Corrosionblocker for many years, and havn't experienced any cloudyness from that... but I usually mix that up before putting it in the system. Odd that :rolleyes: