• 26.04.2024, 11:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquero 6 xt advice

Dienstag, 1. September 2015, 13:57

Hi,

I am about to order an aquero 6 xt and was hoping the community could answer some questions for me.

I have two aqua computer flow readers link to product. I have dual loop set up.

Will the aquero work with two of these flow readers?

Will the aquero work with ek pwm d5 pumps? Again there will be two.

Can I control some led lighting via this controller?

I have two 480 rads and a 240 rad. I have used ek y splitters for the two lots of four rads and for the two rads on the 240 rad. This leaves me with three fan cables to connect to the aquero. Can anyone see any issue with my proposed set up?

Dienstag, 1. September 2015, 14:25

To be able to connect both flow sensors to the aquaero you will need a y-adapter cable. Since both devices use the same controller board they will also use the same aquabus ID number by default. You have to connect one of these sensors via USB and change its aquabus ID number in the system tab. Each number must be unique. It is like an IP number in a network ;)

If you do not want to use the USB cables for the sensors anymore, you will also need two aquabus 4-pin cables in addition. These cables can provide power for the sensors through the aquaero.

As far as I know the EK D5 PWM pump like any other D5 pump (with exception of our version :D) violates Intels PWM specifications since they are missing a pull-up circuit for the PWM signal. So if you want to control these pumps with the aquaero you have to do a little modification like this one here. You could use a y-cable to connect both PWM headers to a fan header. Only one pump can be connected with its rpm signal an both pumps must be connected to the PSU for power.

If you follow this example you will have three fan channels left. Of course you can connect further y-adapters or splitter to connect a group of fans to a single channel.

You could use the 2-pin PWM ports to control (brightness) LED strips for example. These ports provide 12V so make sure that whatever you want to attach there is designed for 12V. To connect stuff to these ports you have to use these 2-pin plugs.

The RGB LED port offers more options but is designed mainly for this LED module. This port can only power one LED so do not try to connect something else because it could damage the device.

Mittwoch, 2. September 2015, 15:13

Thank you for your reply. I have received my Aquaero 6 XT and have briefly set it up, I have some further questions that I have no doubt you can answer.

In regards to the EK pumps I don't really want to have to do that mod as I have no idea about electrics and have no idea where I would get these items. It seems very strange for manufacturers to advertise a PWM pump when it is not officially recognised by Intel etc. I have connected both pumps via a Y splitter to a fan header, however within Aquasuite no matter how much I play with fan settings I can't get the pumps to change speed. Also there is no RPM data?

I was reading the instructions and it suggests that a flow reader can be connected to fan 1 header and also to the normal flow header, would this work for me or do you think I still need to use the Y adapter cable?

Donnerstag, 3. September 2015, 08:58

(...) however within Aquasuite no matter how much I play with fan settings I can't get the pumps to change speed. Also there is no RPM data?

I was reading the instructions and it suggests that a flow reader can be connected to fan 1 header and also to the normal flow header, would this work for me or do you think I still need to use the Y adapter cable?

No surprise here, that is the problem that I mentioned. Because of the missing pull-up circuit for the PWM signal these pumps can not be controlled.

Make sure that your y-adapter forwards only one rpm signal. If it mixes both together it will not work. If already one wire is connected, it can be a problem with the grounding. I recommend to run the pumps and aquaero on the same line of the PSU. In addition you can connect the ground wire of the pump that provides the rpm to the ground header of the fan channel that you use on the aquaero.

If you connect only one flow sensor you should use the dedicated flow port for it. Using fan channel 1 (must be also configured to act as flow port) is only useful when you want to connect two sensors.