• 19.04.2024, 05:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Default profile at startup and some tips for installing RGB led strips with Farbwerk

Mittwoch, 8. März 2017, 12:16

Hi everybody,
I'm a happy AC Customer, since long time I wished to own an Aquacomputer product.
Recently I bought the Aquaero, Poweradjust and the Farbwerk. All of them are very nice product.

Anyway, my problem is: I can save the setting into the desired profile, and I'd like to load the profile #2 on startup, but everytime I turn off the PC the Aquaero/Aquasuite (I don't know where's the issue) the profile #1 is always loaded.
Is it a software limitation or did I something wrong?

How to load a specific profile at startup?

I've connected the Farbwerk to PC via USB and via Aquabus too to the PowerAdjust, which is connected mainly via Aquabus on the Aquaero 5 LT. Is this config wrong, using both the type of comms at the same time?

Aquacomputer Led strips + Farbwerk
I had some trouble making the led strips working correctly. The fix was very simple.
I've used Aquacomputer RGB cables with the clamp (no IP65 version) and after installing all of them the only color I was able to show was blue, no matter what I was choosing in the software.
Applying force (pushing) on the clamp made the rgb led working correctly. The issue must be on the clamp for sure.
Infact the problem was I've pushed too deep the pcb strip into the clamp, and it wasn't making good contact.
The fix was very easy: just pull a little bit the strip back (outside) from the cable clamp. It's a matter of less than 1mm. All 4 strips are working correctly now!

Hope it will be useful to other users having issues with led strips and cable :)
I had to use a strong adhesive tape for fixing the strips because the inner surface of my case isn't polished but a bit porous, so the glue of the AC RGB led strips wasn't attaching to the surface for long time.
I placed some strips of adhesive tape in every the gap where there's no led but the resistors, perpendicular to the strip. The tape I've used it's very strong and it should last.
For fixing the cable clamp I've used adhesive pads, which are very inexpensive, they can sustain till 2kg of weight, attach to porous material very good (applying a good force initially to spread the pad) and they leave no traces. Plus they are invisible if you cut it correctly, so the ahestetic of your build wouldn't suffer.

I'd like to share a costructive criticism too: please optimize a bit further the UI of the Aquasuite software, I find it a bit too laggy and clunky even on a fullHD monitor.

And finally here it is how I placed the AC product in the case. They have a dedicated space near the fans to stay cool ;)

Thanks in advance for your help :)
»the_mash84« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »the_mash84« (8. März 2017, 12:30)

lovan6

Mittwoch, 8. März 2017, 12:34

I had the same experience with Farbwerk and the Aquacomputer wire. The solution I did was to take out the 4 metal fins and solder the RGB on the wire itself. Those clips does not hold well.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lovan6« (8. März 2017, 13:14)

RE: Default profile at startup and some tips for installing RGB led strips with Farbwerk

Mittwoch, 8. März 2017, 14:14

Hi everybody,
I'm a happy AC Customer, since long time I wished to own an Aquacomputer product.
Recently I bought the Aquaero, Poweradjust and the Farbwerk. All of them are very nice product.

Anyway, my problem is: I can save the setting into the desired profile, and I'd like to load the profile #2 on startup, but everytime I turn off the PC the Aquaero/Aquasuite (I don't know where's the issue) the profile #1 is always loaded.
Is it a software limitation or did I something wrong?

How to load a specific profile at startup?
Open aquasuite and look at the aquaero tab.
You should see a couple icons, one being a floppy disk icon.
Click on the floppy disk icon to save the current profile to the aquaero.
The aquaero should now start with that profile on system start.

Zitat

I've connected the Farbwerk to PC via USB and via Aquabus too to the PowerAdjust, which is connected mainly via Aquabus on the Aquaero 5 LT. Is this config wrong, using both the type of comms at the same time?
From the manuals:
  • Farbwerk Manual

Zitat

5.5. aquabus 1/2
    Connector for communication with other Aqua Computer devices. Use a compatible
    aquabus cable (not included in delivery, article no. 53122/53162) to connect
    the farbwerk controller board to a suitable connector of a compatible device, for
    example an aquaero. USB and aquabus interface can be used at the same time.

• Poweradjust 3 Manual

Zitat

5.5. aquabus 1/2
    Connector for communication with other Aqua Computer devices. You can use
    the aquabus/speed signal cable included in delivery to connect the poweradjust 3
    controller board to a suitable connector of a compatible device, for example an
    aquaero. USB and aquabus interface can be used at the same time, aquabus data
    is processed with higher priority.

RE: RE: Default profile at startup and some tips for installing RGB led strips with Farbwerk

Donnerstag, 9. März 2017, 19:35

Open aquasuite and look at the aquaero tab.
You should see a couple icons, one being a floppy disk icon.
Click on the floppy disk icon to save the current profile to the aquaero.
The aquaero should now start with that profile on system start.

Zitat

From the manuals:
  • Farbwerk Manual

Zitat

5.5. aquabus 1/2
    Connector for communication with other Aqua Computer devices. Use a compatible
    aquabus cable (not included in delivery, article no. 53122/53162) to connect
    the farbwerk controller board to a suitable connector of a compatible device, for
    example an aquaero. USB and aquabus interface can be used at the same time.

• Poweradjust 3 Manual

Zitat

5.5. aquabus 1/2
    Connector for communication with other Aqua Computer devices. You can use
    the aquabus/speed signal cable included in delivery to connect the poweradjust 3
    controller board to a suitable connector of a compatible device, for example an
    aquaero. USB and aquabus interface can be used at the same time, aquabus data
    is processed with higher priority.

Many thanks for your help. I should had read the manual!
I've ended connecting the Farbwerk with USB+ Aquabus.

For the profile issue, it didn't work.
The first time worked, I've choosed my profile, the second, and then save it clicking on the floppy icon in the Aquaero tab.
Turned off the PC as usual, then turned on and the profile was correct.

Today, PSU turned off on the back, turned on, powered up the PC as usual, Windows 10 loaded. I've opened Aquasuite 2017 and the profile loaded was again the first (1).
Looks like Aquaero didn't like the absence of current.
I'll try it again this evening and let you know.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »the_mash84« (9. März 2017, 19:47)

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 14:42

Unfortunately it didn't worked.
If I turn off PSU overnight, after saving on Aquasuite while having selected profile #2, and turn on again PSU it loads the profile #1 again.
It work only if I leave the PSU on (PC powered off of course), feeding the Aquaero.
Looks like it doesn't keep this setting.
Pretty frustrating, I have to save it onto profile #1 at this point.

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 15:27

I could be wrong but I believe that profile 1 will be loaded at first by default, don't matter what you set in preferences.
I have Aqaero 6XT and 6x PA3 for numerous of AC devises in my workstation and I was once playing with similar config. but at the end I end up setting my profile 1 as default and for any other profiles preferences I set them up to load as secondary.

So, for example I have 2 loops, one for 3x Titan Blacks and second loop for CPU, MB, VRM's. My system is fairly big that contains 4x 480 Nemesis radiators, 2 High speed USB flow sensors and and # of other things in which all sits in STH10+ pedestal case.
My system is very quiet I love quiet, yet performance is very important and despite the fact that I have 4x D5 PWM pumps controlled by 4x PA3, and 23 fans that can increase DB significantly if you let them all run at once, creating preferable profiles that will automatically load at any giving time can make possible for you to configure all your devices to run, go ON/OFF exactly the way you want them to.

My 1st profile is to load main GPU and CPU pump at start up run them at very low speed for silence and they are silent I could get away with 1 pump for each loop easy but I care about redundancy and so I have additional pumps and that's where the second and third profile comes in to place.
If either of the main pumps fail and it happen to me in the past, aquasuite will load additional pump(s) through profile 2 or 3 to continue on pumping the loop with broken pump so no shut down of PC due to either CPU or GPUs thermal, it works magic.

Also, not all of the fans are on, most of the time only half are working because I have so much radiator space temperatures are very low and only until temperature gets to hot and that is only during very heavy tasks then additional profiles with my desired setting are being loaded to run additional fans and they are set to run individually by 4x 5 sets it depends on which loop needs it.
It took me a fairly long to set all profiles to work together but It was totally worth it, everything is fully automated.

Anyhow, In your case I would switch whatever you want to be loaded at start-up into profile 1, just shift your preferences in profiles and go from there, you can pretty much automate any AC product using profiles I think regardless how you save your settings you might have profile 1 loading on start anyways.

Again I could be wrong, maybe someone will come up with explanation and help, but I think instead of playing around, this quick switch could save you time and aggravation and at the end it will work as you intended to begging with.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (10. März 2017, 17:10)

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 21:46

I couldn't get the forum to quote Dundys, but he said:
My system is very quiet I love quiet, yet performance is very important and despite the fact that I have 4x D5 PWM pumps controlled by 4x PA3, and 23 fans that can increase DB significantly if you let them all run at once, creating preferable profiles that will automatically load at any giving time can make possible for you to configure all your devices to run, go ON/OFF exactly the way you want them to.

How are you controlling the D5 PWM pumps with PA3s, since the PA3 does Power Output not do PWM control?

RodeoGeorge

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »wa3pnt« (10. März 2017, 21:47)

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 22:17

I believe he's controlling them via voltage controlled instead of PWM. No other way other than being controlled on a AQ6 PWM set channel.

As for the profiles, why not load profile 2 and save it on profile 1, so when it's loading 1, you're loading the one you want.

Samstag, 11. März 2017, 02:48

Zitat

I believe he's controlling them via voltage controlled instead of PWM.
No other way other than being controlled on a AQ6 PWM set channel.

As for the profiles, why not load profile 2 and save it on profile 1, so
when it's loading 1, you're loading the one you want.

Yes I control pumps speed vie- voltage.

There is no beneficial reason for pumps to have their speed fluctuating via PWM signal like through m/b or any controller, some might disagree and that's OK. I have tested and other than hearing pump spinning up and down and creating additional noise and heat it has very little to no effect on temperatures and systems performance also, you can prolong pumps longevity by supplying it steady voltage and running them at steady speeds.

What I have done is created 3 separate profiles for pumps actions and that includes ON/OFF and steady higher or lower speed, depending on workload

My main profiles are:

1) Bleeding.. which all 4 pumps run at their full speed 4400-4500RMP
2) Performance.. in which 1 pump of each loop runs at about 40% of its speed, yet they run quietly as I have search for voltage that would give them the most silent operation.
3) Silent profile, the lowest speed possible (1900-2100RMP) for single pump of each loop at the same time keeping resalable flow rate (0.3-0.4 GPM) all that is loaded with profiles automatically when necessary.

I don't know how other brands of blocks handling low flow rates, but I have been using Heatkiller because they are excellent at keeping good temperatures at very low flow rates.

Just like GTXJackBauer suggested, why not saving your profile 2 that obviously you want it to be loaded on start up and save it onto profile 1 and your problem its solved :thumbup:

Sorry I hijacked this topic and went on about things that are not even related to this thread, my apology :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (11. März 2017, 05:42)