• 16.04.2024, 12:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

RE: high flow NEXT flow sensor

Dienstag, 13. Oktober 2020, 04:42

Hi shoggy any chance of a picture of high flow next next to the flow 400 just get a more realistic view of it thank you

Perhaps the dimensions will help?

Flow sensor High Flow (53068):
Dimensions: approx. 53 x 50 x 39 mm

Flow sensor High Flow NEXT (53293):
Dimensions: ca. 51 x 43 x 34 mm

deme

Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2020, 11:33

Will both of these units work with the quadro or octo and its flow input? I cant fit the Aquaero in my case, unfortunately.

high flow 2 and LT can be connected to QUADRO or OCTO with the supplied cable. To connect the high flow NEXT you will need a PicoBlade to PicoBlade connection cable (not available yet) for its signal output. This output can be set to simulate a classic high flow sensor.

Dear Shoggy,

Do you know when the PicoBlade to PicoBlade connection cable will be availabe?

bojer

Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2020, 15:50

Holy Moly 8o already shipped 8o 8o :thumbsup:

Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020, 17:55

How or where are you guys ordering your HFs? I've been camping them for months already and they are never in stock, I've checked multiple shops as well outside of AQ's own shop...have yet to see one :(

bojer

Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020, 18:55

and is here :)

I will install tommorow or over weekend...
»bojer« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020, 22:21

An actual picture of one in the wild, nice... and I see the manual is online also.

It would appear if one uses a hubby7 for the USB connection, the hybby7 could not be using the SATA power connection.
I am curious what the minimum 'prolonged shutdown' period is for temperature sensor calibration?

Zitat

8.7. Power measurement
The seventh sensor in the list can be configured to calculate dissipated or absorbed
power in the liquid cooling loop. Prerequisite is an additional water temperature
sensor connected to the external temperature sensor input of the high
flow NEXT (e. g. item code 53219, not included in delivery). The high flow NEXT
and additional water temperature sensors are optimally installed into radiator inlet
and outlet port.
The high flow NEXT calculates the current power dissipation using the temperature
difference between internal and external temperature sensor and the current flow
rate.
The automatic offset calibration during standby can be activated for improved accuracy.
When active, internal and external temperature sensor readings will be
matched during prolonged shutdown of the PC

OCTO integration

Mittwoch, 4. November 2020, 00:20

Hello I correctly own the OCTO and Aquasuite X (loving it), I plan to get the high flow NEXT, who is going to be connected to the OCTO board? Did I need a special cable to do it? Also how long is the waiting time on availability and shipping to USA territory?

Thank you :)

Mittwoch, 4. November 2020, 00:22

and is here :)

I will install tommorow or over weekend...
Can you add more photos of who it look installed?

Thank yuo

Donnerstag, 5. November 2020, 18:01

high flow NEXT do not need a connection to OCTO, it can work as standalone device. Connection to "flow" port on OCTO is needed only to have OCTO reading flow measurements outside of Windows. For that purpose, a double-sided 3-pin picoblade cable is needed, unfortunately I do not see it in AQ shop list. Use aliexpress though )

Freitag, 6. November 2020, 11:52

high flow NEXT do not need a connection to OCTO, it can work as standalone device. Connection to "flow" port on OCTO is needed only to have OCTO reading flow measurements outside of Windows. For that purpose, a double-sided 3-pin picoblade cable is needed, unfortunately I do not see it in AQ shop list. Use aliexpress though )

Be careful using standard PicoBlade cables, the pinout between the two end terminals may be inverted from RGBpx by default.
For a four pin terminal:
• PicoBlade pinout is 1 to 4, 2 to 3, 3 to 2, 4 to 1 molex_orientation.pdf
RGBpx pinout is 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, 4 to 4 rgbpx_orientation.jpg

I build my own RGBpx cables using standard of the shelf components (I use mouser.com in USA).
PicoBlade wires precrimped at both ends
PicoBlad terminals
I just click them together, but mind your pinout orientation.

Freitag, 6. November 2020, 12:16

the pinout between the two end terminals may be inverted from RGBpx by default
no nothing is invertet.
The RGBpx cables are 1:1 cables => pin 1..4 to pin 1..4

Freitag, 6. November 2020, 12:22

the pinout between the two end terminals may be inverted from RGBpx by default
no nothing is invertet.
The RGBpx cables are 1:1 cables => pin 1..4 to pin 1..4

That is what I said, though probably poorly stated.

The Molex PicoBlade standard cable IS inverted from the RGBpx specification molex_orientation.pdf

Freitag, 6. November 2020, 14:16

InfoSeeker

You're right there is a possibility that 2-head aliexpress cables are inverted, need to check before purchasing. There are aliexpress single head wires that can be soldered 1:1, color to color. They are called JST 1,25mm instead of picoblade, but the connector is the same.

Freitag, 6. November 2020, 22:35

To those who have got there flow meter next: when did you order? If I can get my hands on a 6800xt + GPU block then I'll need it. I just noticed that the high flow NEXT has an LCD screen, my only requirement was that together with an octa fan splitter I can intelligently control my fans based on water temperature. I am used to that way because I have an NZXT Kraken X72 which I used with the github third party software "liquidctl.exe" which I helped capturing USB data from my Aorus Elite (so I killed two bloated software programs with one stone).

bojer

Mittwoch, 11. November 2020, 20:09

I not installed yet... I had problems with health :(

Mittwoch, 11. November 2020, 20:18

Get well soon. I'm waiting for my preorder of 5900x from scan.co.uk about 1200/1500 in queue I was waiting before 2pm but site and browser was slow (6000+ tabs). Also want a 6800x I might try to get a Sapphire non-reference and obviously get a GPU block. I think there are alternatives to the one that AMD has partnered with.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SgtSixpack« (11. November 2020, 20:30)

Mittwoch, 25. November 2020, 23:04

I received an email that the High Flow Next is enroute to my address. I was reading the quick start guide for the Aquacomputer Octo, which raised a question for me. I did not know that the octo came with a temp sensor, so I believe I am in possession of three. My question is in the scope of delivery for the High Flow Next because the Octo fan controller quick start guide said the "flow sensor" was an optional extra. Does the High Flow Next have a flow sensor that can be connected to the Octo fan controller (or do I need an additional cable)? The following "flow sensors" were listed as compatible with the Octo fan controller:

- Flow sensor with 5.6mm nozzle (53061)
- Flow sensor with "high flow" (53068)
- Connection cable flow sensor for VISION (53212)
Is any of these included, or some other connection which this quick start guide has omitted?
I am still waiting on a preordered 5900x, and I believe I will have to hang onto my vega 56 with AIO + hand made heatsinks, so I may end up just with the 5900x in my loop at first. Disappointing as it means I have no means of closing my side panel with an externally "positioned" AIO radiator.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SgtSixpack« (25. November 2020, 23:09)

Donnerstag, 26. November 2020, 01:33

I received an email that the High Flow Next is enroute to my address. I was reading the quick start guide for the Aquacomputer Octo, which raised a question for me. I did not know that the octo came with a temp sensor, so I believe I am in possession of three. My question is in the scope of delivery for the High Flow Next because the Octo fan controller quick start guide said the "flow sensor" was an optional extra. Does the High Flow Next have a flow sensor that can be connected to the Octo fan controller (or do I need an additional cable)? The following "flow sensors" were listed as compatible with the Octo fan controller:

Is any of these included, or some other connection which this quick start guide has omitted?
I am still waiting on a preordered 5900x, and I believe I will have to hang onto my vega 56 with AIO + hand made heatsinks, so I may end up just with the 5900x in my loop at first. Disappointing as it means I have no means of closing my side panel with an externally "positioned" AIO radiator.

Shoggy covered the connection issue earlier in this thread:

Donnerstag, 26. November 2020, 01:34

delete it. I was wrong. Sorry

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mditsch« (26. November 2020, 01:37)

RE: high flow NEXT - The next generation of flow sensors

Donnerstag, 26. November 2020, 01:57

high flow 2 - The new generation with water temperature measurement

You simply need an ultra-rugged flow sensor? Water temperature measurement would be a nice addition? All this in a simple and elegant way, CNC milled from solid acetal? Then the high flow 2 is exactly the right choice.

This cable is designed as a universal connector and has the required plugs for all devices offered by us. The sensor has three M3 mounting holes on the bottom side.

high flow LT - Reduced to the essentials

Just measure the flow rate? Low-priced and reliable - that is the high flow LT. It offers the same measuring mechanism as the high flow NEXT and no other additional functions. If this is sufficient for you, you will find an excellent flow sensor here.

The high flow LT is already available for 29,90 Euro including connection cable.

Are you sure the High Flow Next does not have the universal connector that the High Flow 2 comes with? I don't know what I was thinking when I bought the top of the line device, I just want a water temperature measurement that can be used to control fans and I will monitor status in software (I prefer HWiNFO as it ties in with my ancient Logitech G15 keyboard LCD). The LCD on the device itself is surplus to my requirements, as is the RGB. Since watching a youtube video by Dazmode milking watercooling performance I regard RGB as only useful to increase the temperature of NVME flash.