• 19.04.2024, 22:33
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

DaLiu

Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2021, 02:14

Im quite new to Aquasuite, I have one question regarding the Page, is there any option to scale everything you have on a page to make it bigger, I have a small screen with the Full HD resolution and I would like to put my Page on it but everything is so small, any option to enlarge the whole page instead of editing every single chart or gauge and text?

Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2021, 05:16

Im quite new to Aquasuite, I have one question regarding the Page, is there any option to scale everything you have on a page to make it bigger, I have a small screen with the Full HD resolution and I would like to put my Page on it but everything is so small, any option to enlarge the whole page instead of editing every single chart or gauge and text?

I am not aware of an across-the-board scaling option in aquasuite, but Windows does have a scaling feature.
My main monitor is 27 inch with a pixel resolution of 5120 x 2880, and I have scaling set to the Windows recommended 200%, which works well for me. (scale.jpg)

Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2021, 17:54

Just updated to X.41 but it appears to say X.38 in the aquasuite? And now the Quadro firmware isn't recognized :huh:

I tried uninstalling / reinstalling the software fresh after rebooting in between but the same issue occurred.

Anyone have this issue too?

Montag, 26. Juli 2021, 20:44

Couple miner issues I noticed using the Logger today
  • in setting up a logger I generally auto delete to keep the data file from growing too large
    If memory serves, the default value used to be 1 hour, but now it is 0 seconds (Log_Delete.jpg)
    took me a few passes to realize why I could not successfully create a chart
    may be useful to default to a positive value... 1 hour seems appropriate

• in creating a chart, the fields for 'Chart' do not show until either the 'X axis' or 'Y axis' options have been clicked once
    pre-click (Log_Analyze_Init.jpg)
    post-click (Log_Analyze_Clicked.jpg)

Edit: If one clicks the 'Reload chart data' button when the data file is empty (first item above), the aquasuite dies (Log_Analyze_Reload.jpg)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (26. Juli 2021, 21:01)

marko22

Sonntag, 1. August 2021, 10:45

Stupid question - how does the setting work: Display > Invert > Auto invert?

I want the display to be with a black background, but sometimes it switches to white. And I don't know what it depends on. ?(

Montag, 2. August 2021, 10:53

Stupid question - how does the setting work: Display > Invert > Auto invert?

I want the display to be with a black background, but sometimes it switches to white. And I don't know what it depends on. ?(
Assuming you are referring to the High Flow NEXT:
  • 'Invert' inverts the black/white on the display screen on demand
  • 'Auto invert', like the original purpose of Screen Savers, attempts to reduce screen 'burn-in' by automatically inverting 50% of the time
From the Manual:

Zitat

9.1. General display settings
Display brightness and automatic change of the displayed screen can be configured.
As with all OLED displays, the brightness of active pixels will reduce over time. For
a homogeneous wear of all pixels, the display can automatically be inverted half
of the time. In order to counteract existing wear, the inverted mode can be perma-
nently activated.
The preferred unit for displaying temperature and flow values can also be selected

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (2. August 2021, 11:02)

marko22

Montag, 2. August 2021, 15:37

First you had to read the manual ;) Thank you mate :)

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 20:28

Is there a way to revert to a previous version of Aquasuite? I updated to X.41 this morning, after which I was told I would need to upgrade my Octo FW. The first FW upgrade failed, and subsequent upgrade attempts report that they're successful but don't actually seem to succeed given that my fans aren't working at all and the device has a flashing red light on boot. I've tried reinstalling Aquasuite (including with fresh settings), leaving the device powered off for a period of time, unplugging other USB devices, and similar.

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 21:17

Is there a way to revert to a previous version of Aquasuite? I updated to X.41 this morning, after which I was told I would need to upgrade my Octo FW. The first FW upgrade failed, and subsequent upgrade attempts report that they're successful but don't actually seem to succeed given that my fans aren't working at all and the device has a flashing red light on boot. I've tried reinstalling Aquasuite (including with fresh settings), leaving the device powered off for a period of time, unplugging other USB devices, and similar.

Have you tried unplugging everything from the Octo except the USB cable? I have seen many posts on this forum about failed Octo firmware updates, and unplugging everything from the Octo except the USB cable is what they recommend trying. Sometimes they suggest removing the Octo from the rig entirely, and connecting it to another computer's USB port. Then download Aquasuite on that computer and try flashing the Octo firmware again.

I should mention that these are solutions to this problem that I have seen recommended in the past. I personally have not had any trouble updating my Octo firmware (and 2 Farkwerk360s). I just did all of them when I updated to X.42, and I did not disconnect anything. IIRC, in the past, Aquacomputer said you needed to disconnect everything except USB before updating firmware. A lot of people complained that they did not want to have to open their computers and start unplugging all of their fans. The need to do this may have been rectified in a firmware update but I am not sure about this. I am pretty sure AC still recommends doing this if the initial flash attempt, with everything connected, did not work. If you search this forum you will find a lot of posts about this. Good luck!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (3. August 2021, 21:18)

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 22:28

Have you tried unplugging everything from the Octo except the USB cable? I have seen many posts on this forum about failed Octo firmware updates, and unplugging everything from the Octo except the USB cable is what they recommend trying. Sometimes they suggest removing the Octo from the rig entirely, and connecting it to another computer's USB port. Then download Aquasuite on that computer and try flashing the Octo firmware again.

I should mention that these are solutions to this problem that I have seen recommended in the past. I personally have not had any trouble updating my Octo firmware (and 2 Farkwerk360s). I just did all of them when I updated to X.42, and I did not disconnect anything. IIRC, in the past, Aquacomputer said you needed to disconnect everything except USB before updating firmware. A lot of people complained that they did not want to have to open their computers and start unplugging all of their fans. The need to do this may have been rectified in a firmware update but I am not sure about this. I am pretty sure AC still recommends doing this if the initial flash attempt, with everything connected, did not work. If you search this forum you will find a lot of posts about this. Good luck!
I tried this again since I did see that a few times and I managed to get it working! I think the combo of unplugging *everything* including power for a bit and trying again may have helped. Much appreciated!

Aquasuite historic versions

Mittwoch, 4. August 2021, 21:51

Hallo,

How do I access the aquasuite historic versions download page please? I'm specifically interested in aquasuite X.35.

Thanks

Mittwoch, 4. August 2021, 22:22

you don't.

Once you have the latest version it appears there is no going back

Donnerstag, 5. August 2021, 03:27

Using the latest X42, I’m getting high CPU usage with an increased CPU temp. Saw where this was happening in prior posts in this thread in May. Reboot fixes it but I’ve seen it twice now. Am I missing a setting? Thanks.
Asus Maximus Z790 Apex, Intel 13900KS, Asus 4090 Strix, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, Asus ROG XG349C, EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 and VTX 160, Corsair AX1600i, Asus Claymore 2, Asus ROG Gladius III, Samsung 990

Donnerstag, 5. August 2021, 07:40

Reboot fixes it but I’ve seen it twice now. Am I missing a setting?
We are investigating the problem but cannot reproduce it at this time.

Donnerstag, 5. August 2021, 12:48

It’s intermittent here. Doesn’t happen all the time. Thanks.
Asus Maximus Z790 Apex, Intel 13900KS, Asus 4090 Strix, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, Asus ROG XG349C, EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 and VTX 160, Corsair AX1600i, Asus Claymore 2, Asus ROG Gladius III, Samsung 990

Lian Li Uni Fan

Donnerstag, 5. August 2021, 17:05

I've read on the German forum about the incompatibility of the Lian Li Uni Fans with the Octo. Which is very, very sad. The fans look absolutely fantastic and have the added benefit of having no wires between de fans. Anyway. As far as I can gather from the German side of the forum, they only tried connecting the Uni Fans to the Octo with the cables attached to the fans themselves. Thus leaving out the Lian Li controller.
Wouldn't it be better to connect the fans to the Lian Li controller and the single 5V ARGB connector of the controller to the Octo (of course connect the SATA connector to the PSU and the USB connector to the motherboard)?
Perhaps using a Farbwerk 360 is a viable solution?
Would one of these suggested setups work (control the lights and speed with Aquasuite)?

Link to the Uni Fan manual.
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

RE: Lian Li Uni Fan

Freitag, 6. August 2021, 01:04

I've read on the German forum about the incompatibility of the Lian Li Uni Fans with the Octo. Which is very, very sad. The fans look absolutely fantastic and have the added benefit of having no wires between de fans. Anyway. As far as I can gather from the German side of the forum, they only tried connecting the Uni Fans to the Octo with the cables attached to the fans themselves. Thus leaving out the Lian Li controller.
Wouldn't it be better to connect the fans to the Lian Li controller and the single 5V ARGB connector of the controller to the Octo (of course connect the SATA connector to the PSU and the USB connector to the motherboard)?
Would one of these suggested setups work (control the lights and speed with Aquasuite)?

You seem to be talking about the Uni-Fan RGB, not the PWM fan control, whereas in the thread you referenced, OP was talking about a PWM fan control problem (I think). For the RGB control, what you are suggesting should work fine. The Uni-Fan manual does show an ARGB connection from the controller to a mobo ARGB port, so it must be able to slave to a mobo ARGB port. I don't see why it could not connect to an Octo RGBpx port (with the appropriate RGBpx/ARGB adapter of course).

Regarding the fans not being compatible with an Octo PWM fan port -

I read that thread (at least the auto English translation of it). The OP (FloppyDisk) initially said his Lion Li fans would spin at 100% when the Octo PWM ports were set to 0%. Sebastian then says they are not compatible, but then in his next post he says unplug the RGB cable from the Octo RGBpx port. This confused me because OP's problem was fan PWM control, not RGB. Then OP says he "tried the one with the RGB connector", but I think he was talking about trying the PWM control, not RGB. Here he says the fans spin at 500RPM, which would not seem to be 100%, so confused again. The final consensus was that the fans are not compatible with Octo PWM fan ports so tough luck.

To me, that means they are either 3-pin DC fans (which they aren't), or they are PWM fans, but the 4-pin PWM pinout is different than the Octo port. Depending on the pinout mismatch, various things could happen. The translation is a little confusing but I think his fans were running at either 100% or 500RPM no matter what. I' not sure how a pinout mismatch could make the fans run at 500RPM but I can't think of another reason that the Uni-Fans would not be compatible with a standard PWM fan port. If they won't work on an Octo fan port, they are not going to work on a mobo fan port either, or a Commander Pro, or any other standard PWM fan controller. Maybe Lion Li changed the 4-pin PWM cable pinout so they only work properly when plugged into their controller. If they did, you could re-pin the fan PWM connectors so they match the Octo fan port pinout. I suppose its also possible that the Uni-Fans are using some non-standard PWM control setup. I have read posts claiming that some Noctua fans will not work with Corsair Commander Pro fan ports so maybe this problem is similar. I would do some research and find out if the Uni-Fan PWM connector pinout matches the Octo fan port pinout. If they are standard PWM fans, you should be able to get it working. Good Luck!

RE: RE: Lian Li Uni Fan

Freitag, 6. August 2021, 06:06

You seem to be talking about the Uni-Fan RGB, not the PWM fan control, whereas in the thread you referenced, OP was talking about a PWM fan control problem (I think). For the RGB control, what you are suggesting should work fine. The Uni-Fan manual does show an ARGB connection from the controller to a mobo ARGB port, so it must be able to slave to a mobo ARGB port. I don't see why it could not connect to an Octo RGBpx port (with the appropriate RGBpx/ARGB adapter of course).

Regarding the fans not being compatible with an Octo PWM fan port -

I read that thread (at least the auto English translation of it). The OP (FloppyDisk) initially said his Lion Li fans would spin at 100% when the Octo PWM ports were set to 0%. Sebastian then says they are not compatible, but then in his next post he says unplug the RGB cable from the Octo RGBpx port. This confused me because OP's problem was fan PWM control, not RGB. Then OP says he "tried the one with the RGB connector", but I think he was talking about trying the PWM control, not RGB. Here he says the fans spin at 500RPM, which would not seem to be 100%, so confused again. The final consensus was that the fans are not compatible with Octo PWM fan ports so tough luck.

To me, that means they are either 3-pin DC fans (which they aren't), or they are PWM fans, but the 4-pin PWM pinout is different than the Octo port. Depending on the pinout mismatch, various things could happen. The translation is a little confusing but I think his fans were running at either 100% or 500RPM no matter what. I' not sure how a pinout mismatch could make the fans run at 500RPM but I can't think of another reason that the Uni-Fans would not be compatible with a standard PWM fan port. If they won't work on an Octo fan port, they are not going to work on a mobo fan port either, or a Commander Pro, or any other standard PWM fan controller. Maybe Lion Li changed the 4-pin PWM cable pinout so they only work properly when plugged into their controller. If they did, you could re-pin the fan PWM connectors so they match the Octo fan port pinout. I suppose its also possible that the Uni-Fans are using some non-standard PWM control setup. I have read posts claiming that some Noctua fans will not work with Corsair Commander Pro fan ports so maybe this problem is similar. I would do some research and find out if the Uni-Fan PWM connector pinout matches the Octo fan port pinout. If they are standard PWM fans, you should be able to get it working. Good Luck!

Lion Li wouldn't be the first fan manufacturer to sell fans that didn't comply to the PWM spec layed out by Intel, which the Aquacompter range follow. Here lower down the page and the following pages you can find information about a PWM pull up workaround which maybe of some help. Also i'm not 100% sure but i seem to remember seeing someone on that forum using Lion Li fans with Aquacomputer gear without any issues :S
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

shrubdog

Montag, 23. August 2021, 17:54

I'm on the latest version X.42 and I'm having the issue of fan speeds all over the place. Surging up and down, up and down. The system temp (I'm using Tctl/Tdie as my reference CPU temp, because that's usually the hottest one) is pretty much stuck around 35-38C, but the fans are constantly ramping up to 100%, then ramping down, even though I have set some pretty strict curves-- they should only hit 100% at 65C or higher.

It seems like every time I change focus from Aquasuite, specifically the Octo Fan tab, the fans will surge all over the place, like it forgets what the curve is, and what's it's supposed to do with it.

EDIT: Doh! I just realized what happened. Aquasuite reset my curve so that 39-40C was 100%. I couldn't see the numbers because they're too small for my bad eyesight. Things seem to be back to normal, but what reset my fan curve?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »shrubdog« (23. August 2021, 18:09)

Dienstag, 24. August 2021, 07:28

Aquasuite reset my curve so that 39-40C was 100%. I couldn't see the numbers because they're too small for my bad eyesight. Things seem to be back to normal, but what reset my fan curve?
Post a few screenshots from your setting, use the aquasuite screenshot funtion and dont crop the images.