• 05.06.2024, 15:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Freitag, 18. März 2022, 12:40

I must have confused WinstonWoof and you then.
But one thing remains, personal responsibility in dealing with pretty much everything ;-)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Taubenhaucher« (18. März 2022, 12:43)

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Freitag, 18. März 2022, 14:15

Don't look at me.

I "deliberately" tried it to see what happend before I renewed., never made the "same mistake" multiple times either.

The bottom line as far as I'm concerned is its a poor design (ie you shouldnt be able to install software if it doesnt match required criteria) but at least AC have said they will look at chnages

Samstag, 19. März 2022, 04:14

A Piece of softawre shouldn't allow itself to be installed if certain criteria essential to its operation aren't met.

There are thousands of software examples, including the big names, which do exactly this - You install them, they open up with a splash screen, start the app and build the window... and then ask you to input the licence key you're supposed to have purchased.

Most apps used throughout my industry, in most parts of the world, also do this.

At least with Aquasuite you get the option of installing an older one which will still work... and it's not as if users aren't aware of how this works. You get told this all over the place, from product pages to manuals to the app itself!f

Samstag, 19. März 2022, 07:32

A Piece of softawre shouldn't allow itself to be installed if certain criteria essential to its operation aren't met.

There are thousands of software examples, including the big names, which do exactly this - You install them, they open up with a splash screen, start the app and build the window... and then ask you to input the licence key you're supposed to have purchased.

Most apps used throughout my industry, in most parts of the world, also do this.

At least with Aquasuite you get the option of installing an older one which will still work... and it's not as if users aren't aware of how this works. You get told this all over the place, from product pages to manuals to the app itself!f

Which is fine for an initial virgin installl however that is not quite the scenario that the OP identified (and which I confirmmed).

The scenario with AQS is that you have a working install either fully registered or not.

Within the software you are then offered an update.

There is a warning, which is fine. Not Perfect but fine.

You do the Update and because your device isn't entitled to that update due to not having a current valid license then AQS fails to run.

The "fix" suggestion is :

If an Update is offered from within a running instance of AQS then to provide an update installer link if your licence is valid but to provide a purchase link if the licence isn't.

At which point you can reregister and the Update offered will now be an installer

Sonntag, 20. März 2022, 09:18

Aren't we back to the point of denying people the ability to read a color-coded warning and forcing update license holders to go through the installer?

And have you not read the post here ?
It would probably make sense to simply give a second warning, which comes as a popup and can only be confirmed after reading, as with some GTCs.

This would then only affect those who refused to read the first warning.
And those who deliberately ignore the warning.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Taubenhaucher« (20. März 2022, 09:22)

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Montag, 21. März 2022, 08:20

It's the same old story i see it again and again when people just don't take the time to stop and read instructions, it can be for computers or putting a desk together etc. They rush in break something, go back read the instructions and then complain that it wasn't clear. :rolleyes: We have all done it to some extent, only difference being some hold their hands up and admit it's their mistake.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Montag, 21. März 2022, 14:54

It's the same old story i see it again and again when people just don't take the time to stop and read instructions, it can be for computers or putting a desk together etc. They rush in break something, go back read the instructions and then complain that it wasn't clear. :rolleyes: We have all done it to some extent, only difference being some hold their hands up and admit it's their mistake.

And then some of us look at what's working currently, deliberately ignore it and then suggest an improvement to the current method :)