• 28.04.2024, 10:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Highflow Next, won't change by on and standby

Mittwoch, 23. März 2022, 23:51

I can only tell because of the display only reacting to "Brightness when idle"...

I want the LED and Display to be on-low when the machine is on, and when the machine is switched off, to turn off the the display.

Currently, the "brightness" setting does nothing, and the screen responds only to "brightness when idle". So I can switch it off, but this turns it off while the machine is running.

My system is running through an Octo, so I am sure I am simply missing a setting, but I'm not sure what I can change to fix this so that it responds to "brightness" when on, and "brightness when idle" when the machine is powered off.

I should note that I cannot stop supplying power to USB when it's off as I have a LeakShield and that obviously needs to remain on.

Is there a setting somewhere in the Octo perhaps, that is preventing my Highflow from changing between on/idle states?

RE: Highflow Next, won't change by on and standby

Donnerstag, 24. März 2022, 00:56

I can only tell because of the display only reacting to "Brightness when idle"...

I want the LED and Display to be on-low when the machine is on, and when the machine is switched off, to turn off the the display.

Currently, the "brightness" setting does nothing, and the screen responds only to "brightness when idle". So I can switch it off, but this turns it off while the machine is running.

My system is running through an Octo, so I am sure I am simply missing a setting, but I'm not sure what I can change to fix this so that it responds to "brightness" when on, and "brightness when idle" when the machine is powered off.

I should note that I cannot stop supplying power to USB when it's off as I have a LeakShield and that obviously needs to remain on.

Is there a setting somewhere in the Octo perhaps, that is preventing my Highflow from changing between on/idle states?
I don't have a High Flow Next (wish I did) so I can't check this specifically but I don't understand what the Octo has to do with your issue. What do you mean by "My system is running through an Octo"? I am assuming that you also have an Octo which is fine but the High Flow Next plugs into a USB port just like the Octo. Are you connecting the High Flow Next to the Octo via an Aquabus connection because I don't think you can do that. The Octo does have an Aquabus port but it is not listed in the compatible devices for the Aquabus port on the High Flow Next in the owners manual. These Aquabus ports are intended to connect to an Aquaero controller as slave devices.

The High Flow Next owners manual section 9.1 talks about the display but there is not much detail. It says "Display Brightness and automatic change of the displayed screen can be configured" but there are no screen shots. The rest of section 9..1 talks about setting the display to invert the pixels automatically half the time so the pixel brightness reduces evenly over time. It does not say how often it flips the pixels. Sorry I can't be more help. Not having a High Flow Next and not being able to look at the menus for it in AQS makes it hard to troubleshoot. Hopefully someone that has one will chime in. Good luck!

Donnerstag, 24. März 2022, 01:55

Sorry you're absolutely correct.. both units (Octo and High Flow) are plugged directly into the motherboard.

The issue seems to be, that the highflow cannot detect the difference between idle/standby and running.

I have tried all the combinations in the "System" -> "Standby Configuration" screen.

Literally no option is letting the HighFlow use the display option from "Brightness" instead of "Brightness when idle".

So to be clear... currently NO option is selected in "standby configuration", therefore presumably the sensor should always be "on". .. Brightness is set to maximum and "brightness when idle" is set to "off", and yet the screen stays off.

I should note that it was working perfectly fine before the X51 update.

Donnerstag, 24. März 2022, 05:14

Assuming the "USB selective suspend" is enabled in Windows, go to Standby configuration in the high flow NEXT System tab:
  • under 'Standby detection' select 'Enter standby upon USB suspend command'
  • under 'Standby behavior' select both 'Display off' & 'LEDs disabled'
The flow NEXT should go dark when the system is shut down.

EDIT: I may have misunderstood the issue here. I pinged on the sentence in your first post "I want the LED and Display to be on-low when the machine is on, and when the machine is switched off, to turn off the the display.". I have X.51 and the flow NEXT is off with system off, and on with system running (when set as above).
»InfoSeeker« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • usb_suspend.jpg (564,12 kB - 58 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 25. März 2024, 09:26)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (24. März 2022, 05:25)

Donnerstag, 24. März 2022, 06:07

All good :) Thank you for the reply

The problem is that with those exact settings, the display stays off, even now at this moment when the machine is clearly running. i.e. the HighFlow thinks it is always in Suspend/Idle mode, for some reason.

Can also confirm that "USB selective suspend" is indeed enabled in windows...

Donnerstag, 24. März 2022, 12:28

If 'Enter standby upon USB suspend command' is not selected, it doesn't matter the USB status, the flow next should not be influenced by it.

I am not sure what an 'idle' state is.
When my system is running normally, the flow next display follows the 'Brightness when idle' setting from maximum to off, meaning it is in idle all the time.

You said:
"Currently, the "brightness" setting does nothing, and the screen responds only to "brightness when idle". So I can switch it off, but this turns it off while the machine is running."
could you elaborate? That makes it appear you have a visible display to turn off with the brightness when idle control.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (24. März 2022, 12:33)