• 16.04.2024, 07:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

inetwebguy

unregistriert

OCTO + FARBWERK HELP ME PLEASE

Freitag, 25. März 2022, 20:30

Hello! I hope this community can help me out with my build!

I have a Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL water-cooled build with the following components I need help with:
I will specify details about the build that are pertinent to my challenge in parentheses ()

• EK Quantum Momentum Monoblock (w/ rgb)
  • EK Quantum Reflection Distro plate (w/ D5) (w/rgb)
  • Alphacool 17363 Eiszapfen Temperature Sensor
  • QTY: 6 Lian Li SL120 uni fans (in two "clusters" <- this makes sense if you're familiar with these fans I hope)
  • Aorus x570 Master MB that has (6 Fan headers, 2 RGB headers, 2 ARGB headers, two temperature headers)

Everything is "working" except I am having issues with the RGB on two of the Lian Li SL120 fans (the last two of cluster one)

I am going to ditch the Lian Li Hub and have purchased the:
  • OCTO
  • FARBWEK 360
  • Cables and adapters to convert the proprietary Lian Li Uni Fan cables to RGBpx

As I understood it, the OCTO can only handle a certain number of LEDs per channel, (90?) but is that per plug or for the whole device? The Lian Li fans have 16 LEDs per fan for a total of 48 per "cluster".
  • Can the OCTO drive all 96 LED's if I only connect 48 LEDs per plug?
  • What is the best way to connect all of this together??

OTHER QUESTIONS:
Is there a way to "daisy-chain" the FARBWERK and the OCTO, or are they 2 independent devices require their own Molex and USB headers?
»inetwebguy« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • PC.jpg (342,53 kB - 86 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 25. März 2024, 13:13)

Samstag, 26. März 2022, 06:27

Zitat

Can the OCTO drive all 96 LED's if I only connect 48 LEDs per plug?

Yes, it can handle 90 LEDs per channel.
So the OCTO can handle 180 and the Farbwerk 360 can handle 360 LEDs.

Zitat

Is there a way to "daisy-chain"
the FARBWERK and the OCTO, or are they 2 independent devices require
their own Molex and USB headers?
They are independent devices and need their own connections, daisy chaining is not possible.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Remayz

Samstag, 26. März 2022, 13:11

well, you can use the PSU's daisy chain Molex plug, but individual USB yes.

They use half width USB plugs (since the 9 pin sockets on the motherboard is two USB ports). So you can plug both to a single USB header.

Samstag, 26. März 2022, 17:22

Also be aware that the Farbwerk360 RGBpx ports have some capabilities that the Octo RGBpx ports do not have. The main difference is the Farkwerk360 supports Transparency. This mean that you can stack multiple effects assigned to the same LEDs. With the Octo RGBpx ports, the highest effect in the stack prevails. With the Farbwerk360 you can set a Transparency level which allows effects lower in the stack to "bleed through" the effects above. It's a little hard to explain but this feature opens up a lot of possibilities. Also, the Farbwerk360 allows up to 20 LED effects (they call them LED controllers) across 4 RGBpx ports. The Octo allows up to 6 LED controllers (effects) per RGBpx port. The point is that the RGBpx ports on the Farbwerk360 have different capabilities compared to the RGBpx ports on the Octo, Quadro, etc.

Another thing to be aware of is that you can't synchronize RGBpx ports on different devices. I have 2 Farbwerk360's in my system and very quickly discovered that there is no synchronization between them. They don't talk to each other. The Farbwerk360 does have an Aquabus port on it. The owners manual says that this port is for future use. I have suggested that they use this port to connect 2 Farbwerk360's to each other, with one becoming the master and the other becoming the slave. This would (hopefully) allow them to operate in sync with each other even when Aquasuite is not running. Aquabus is a serial connection with limited bandwidth. I don't think it can handle ARGB data but it could handle timing and control signals between the units. I think it would be a great use of this now unused port.

Montag, 28. März 2022, 16:01

Is the LED controller size fixed or can it be adjusted for a different number of LEDs?

Montag, 28. März 2022, 16:21

The controler size can be everything between 1 and 90 LEDs.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Montag, 28. März 2022, 16:44

Ok, thanks; I'll take another look on how to do that, when I get to the computer.

Montag, 28. März 2022, 23:47

From the Owner's Manuals for the Farbwerk360 and the Octo:

The length of the bar (corresponding to the number of LEDs assigned) can be changed by moving the right/left edge of the color bar.

Dienstag, 29. März 2022, 01:03

Thanks, not sure how I managed to miss that ^^