• 09.06.2024, 22:55
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

pinwon34

Without D5 NEXT, Aquasuit works fine with Aqua OCTO?

Sonntag, 10. Juli 2022, 06:57

Hi,

I'd like to use Aqua OCTO to control radiator fans in accordance with the coolant temperature. Does it work fine?

Currently, I have a Corsair CommanderPro for this but it doesn't work well. It cannot detect fan rpms and coolant temperature. That's why I am considering replacing it by Aqua OCTO.

Here are my system spec

Upper radiator fans : Corsair ML-14 PWM × 3

Front radiator fans : Noctua A12 25 PWM × 3

Pump : EK D5

Motherboard : ASUS B550M TUF (no temp sensor port)

D5 pump controlled by BIOS targeting cpu temperature.

I want to control fan rpm targeting coolant temperature with Aquasuite, leaving pump controlled by BIOS.

I heared that Aquasuite needs Aqua D5 pump to operate. Is it true?
Without Aqua D5, Aquasuite is useless and also Aqua OCTO do not work, right?

Remayz

Sonntag, 10. Juli 2022, 14:17

pumps are just PWM controlled devices like fans. There's no limitations.
And the Octo is totally independent. all the devices work standalone. It's a bit like wondering if your commander pro will work with iCUE if you don't have an XD5 attached :)

You can connect your D5 to the Octo just fine and control everything through aquasuite, which will be a lot more convenient.
If you didn't have any temperature sensor in the loop though you may want to add one. The Octo has 4 temp sensor ports so you can even add a sensor to be left dangling outside of the case out of sight to give you your ambient temperature, and modulate the fan speed from the difference between water temp and ambient temp.

It's very handy as it prevents having your fans blast your ears in summer when the room gets hot. The speed auto adjust to the room temperature.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (10. Juli 2022, 14:21)

Sonntag, 10. Juli 2022, 15:41

Zitat

Your OCTO and aquasuite will work fine without a D5 NEXT.

pinwon34

Then I can just keep my EK D5 pump and it get along with Aquasuite?

Sonntag, 10. Juli 2022, 15:58

Hi, Remayz
Thanks for your kind reply! :)

It is so nice idea that delta T controls fan rpm.
I should do that if I finally buy Aqua Octo. I already have 2 temp senor fitting on loop and spare temp sensors from CommanderPro package. So your handy idea must come true to me with the Octo.

By the way, before I pay for Octo with my credit card,
would you confirm at last that this combination
"EK D5 PWM pump + fans + Octo + Aquasuite"
works no problem?

In fact, I worried that I have to buy also D5 NEXT to use Aquasuite.
According to your first reply, it seems a rumor that D5 NEXT is a madatory requirement for Aquasuite.
But please clarify one more time.

Thanks in advance.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pinwon34« (10. Juli 2022, 16:00)

Remayz

Sonntag, 10. Juli 2022, 16:47

I personally use an Octo, with an EK DDC pump (used an EK D5 before), and a bunch of fans.
no D5 next needed :p

There.. an Octo and no D5 NEXT connected :p

The Octo is an USB device, it works on its own, there's no dependencies between devices. they ALL work standalone.
Needing a D5 next is not only a rumor, but a very dumb one at that :)
Aquasuite (and the Octo controller) existed waaaay before the D5 Next arrived

RE: Then I can just keep my EK D5 pump and it get along with Aquasuite?

Montag, 11. Juli 2022, 00:17

I already have 2 temp senor fitting on loop and spare temp sensors from CommanderPro package. So your handy idea must come true to me with the Octo.
The temp sensors that come with the Commander Pro will work with the Octo but the 2-pin connector is much thicker than the connector on Aquacomputer temp sensors. Because the 4 temp sensor headers on the Octo are very close together, the Corsair temp sensor plugs will only fit in Octo temp sensor header #1 and #4. Its too thick to plug into temp sensor header #2 or #3. You get 1 Aquacomputer temp sensor #53026with the Octo. I have attached some photos that show a Corsair temp sensor 2-pin connector and an Aquacomputer 2-pin temp sensor connector. You can see how much thicker the Corsair one is. If you need to buy more temp sensors, the Phobya #71222 has a very thin 2-pin connector that will fit fine on any temp sensor header on the Octo.

Using the difference between coolant temp and ambient temp is definitely the way to go. Aquasuite makes doing this very easy and as Remayz mentioned, doing this isolates your fan curves from changes in ambient temperature. Aquasuite is far, far superior to Corsair iCue for cooling component monitoring and control. Setting up basic temp sensors and fan curves is easy to do. The real power of Aquasuite is in the "Playground" where you can perform all kinds of mathematical, statistical, and logic functions on sensor data. This opens a whole new world of possibilities. It's a big step up. Enjoy!

2021-09098 Temp Sensor Connector Compare 2.jpg

2021-09098 Temp Sensor Connector Compare 3.jpg

Remayz

Montag, 11. Juli 2022, 00:39

well, for water temperature, better to take an inline sensor like that https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=2293 instead of duct taping an external sensor :p

pinwon34

Montag, 11. Juli 2022, 00:42

Zitat

Your OCTO and aquasuite will work fine without a D5 NEXT.
Got it. Thanks for info!

pinwon34

Montag, 11. Juli 2022, 00:55

I personally use an Octo, with an EK DDC pump (used an EK D5 before), and a bunch of fans.
no D5 next needed :p

There.. an Octo and no D5 NEXT connected :p

The Octo is an USB device, it works on its own, there's no dependencies between devices. they ALL work standalone.
Needing a D5 next is not only a rumor, but a very dumb one at that :)
Aquasuite (and the Octo controller) existed waaaay before the D5 Next arrived
Great! That is what I exactly want.

You save me a lot of bucks and time because I thought to change motherboard with temp sensor port
if I can't afford Aquasuite with that combination.
Changing mainboard is almost building a whole new system, disassembling loop, waterblock, re-install Windows and all the games so on,,,

It is been just 3 days since I complete my first custom loop build!

Again, thanks a lot!

pinwon34

RE: RE: Then I can just keep my EK D5 pump and it get along with Aquasuite?

Montag, 11. Juli 2022, 01:02

I already have 2 temp senor fitting on loop and spare temp sensors from CommanderPro package. So your handy idea must come true to me with the Octo.
The temp sensors that come with the Commander Pro will work with the Octo but the 2-pin connector is much thicker than the connector on Aquacomputer temp sensors. Because the 4 temp sensor headers on the Octo are very close together, the Corsair temp sensor plugs will only fit in Octo temp sensor header #1 and #4. Its too thick to plug into temp sensor header #2 or #3. You get 1 Aquacomputer temp sensor #53026with the Octo. I have attached some photos that show a Corsair temp sensor 2-pin connector and an Aquacomputer 2-pin temp sensor connector. You can see how much thicker the Corsair one is. If you need to buy more temp sensors, the Phobya #71222 has a very thin 2-pin connector that will fit fine on any temp sensor header on the Octo.

Using the difference between coolant temp and ambient temp is definitely the way to go. Aquasuite makes doing this very easy and as Remayz mentioned, doing this isolates your fan curves from changes in ambient temperature. Aquasuite is far, far superior to Corsair iCue for cooling component monitoring and control. Setting up basic temp sensors and fan curves is easy to do. The real power of Aquasuite is in the "Playground" where you can perform all kinds of mathematical, statistical, and logic functions on sensor data. This opens a whole new world of possibilities. It's a big step up. Enjoy!

[attach]9489[/attach]

[attach]9490[/attach]

[attach]9491[/attach]
Very nice and important information not to mistake! I have never gotten any idea about that...
I may need one additional sensor for ambient air temp. #53026 or #71222 will work for me.

Thank you, Speedy-VI

pinwon34

Montag, 11. Juli 2022, 01:12

well, for water temperature, better to take an inline sensor like that https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=2293 instead of duct taping an external sensor :p
Yep, the loop temp sensors I have are also inline (EK sensor plug + EK T splitter fitting).
For delta T function, I need one more sensor for ambient air temp (which will be put on front radiator intake of my case)

However, the sensor you suggest me looks more decent then "sensor plug + T splitter".
It is more simple and not to interrupt flow than mine.

Will refer to that item when a future maintenance on loop.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pinwon34« (11. Juli 2022, 01:13)

Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2022, 15:01

For delta T function, I need one more sensor for ambient air temp (which will be put on front radiator intake of my case)

To remove the chance of bias, take care with sensor placement at radiator intake, as heat 'radiates' outward regardless of air flow direction.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2022, 18:39

nothing beats the sensor dangling off to the side :p
-far from radiators
-not in exhaust airflow path

Try to get a measurement that is not too much affected by the computer