• 19.04.2024, 09:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Remayz

Freitag, 5. August 2022, 23:57

since you have 2 360mm rads for a 3090 and a 12900k, your idle temp will be higher than that.
Since you are 6°C above ambient at idle you can use that value, or slightly less, maybe 5°C as starting point.

It's not about what you should do, but what works for you. For me since i have 3 rads, the idle temp usually sits between 3 and 4°C above ambient so i start my curve at 2°

You can make it start at 6, see if temps don't creep up too much. if they do, start the curve lower (it will make the fans run slightly faster for a given temp).

Adjust to taste, really, depending on what you are after the most : cooling, or silence.

After that you can try some gaming, and adjust the highest temperature setpoint the same way.
Too hot ? reduce the temperature setpoint, to make the fans spin faster at a lower temperature (90% at 18°C for example will allow the fans to reach the highest speed earlier, and not let the water warm up as much)
Cool enough but too noisy, do the opposite, raise the setpoint little by little to slow down the fans slightly.

After you are happy with the result, maybe do a bunch of snapshots of the various screens. it may help in case SHTF :p

Side note to explain how that control works :

The radiators becore more efficient as the difference between the temperature of the water, and the temperature of the air that passes through is important.
hot water cooled with cold air = lots of watts dissipatedat a given airflow
hot water cooled with mildly warm air = less watts dissipated for the same airflow. You could try to brute force it by running fans harder : as noisy as it is inefficient.

The virtual sensor is basically that. It calculates that temperature difference which corresponds to how efficient the radiators are.
high number = high load with efficient heat dissipation : accelerate the fans
low number = low load and inefficient heat transfer : no need to make a racket to dissipate peanuts : slow down the fans.

When you pinch the ambient sensor, that's what you experienced. It faked having a super hot room, so the fans slowed down a lot.
When you release it,the room temp goes down, the differential goes up (with radiator efficiency) and the fans speed up.

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 00:50

I would rather adjust to cooling performance over silence. Are the fans supposed to be constantly ramping up and down? Even at idle? They go from 30% to 90% every few seconds. What is that vertical start line on the fan curve that is between the 3 and 4 degree mark?

So, when I adjust things on the curve, I just change the minimum and maximum temps only, to see where I get lower water temps?

Remayz

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 01:15

the fans are supposed to change speed very slowly.
If they jump like that, something is off

Edit : haaaa look at your virtual sensor

You selected CPU package instead of water temperature for the first input :)
You'll need to edit that. Double click that CPU package sensor and select a new data source : the Octo water in temperature sensor.

That should quiet things down!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (6. August 2022, 01:18)

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 01:53

Remayz - you are a very good instructor! Excellent explanation of how this works. Good catch on the CPU Package instead of Coolant Temp oops. I did not notice that in the screenshot until you pointed it out.

Waterboy61 - You're getting it! :thumbup: It's a lot to take in at first, but once you get the hang of it, you will see how powerful Aquasuite can be. You have just scratched the surface of what it can do. About your pump - you can control it with the Coolant/Ambient delta if you want. I would adjust that curve to reduce the operation range of the pump - maybe between 40% and 90%. The general consensus on pump speed is that within a reasonable range, changing the speed does not affect temps very much. I started my pump at 100%, recorded coolant CPU, & GPU temps at idle and full load, then started slowing the pump down in 10% increments. It made no difference until ~30%. Lower than that and temps start to rise. It depends on how the particular pump reacts to a given PWM percentage, and it's minimum speed before it stops, but there is a point that is too low. I ended up running my pump at 85%, fixed. Having the pump speed up and slow down regularly is harder on the pump, and many say doing this does not provide any significant benefit. I suggest finding the pump's minimum speed before temps increase, and then set a fixed speed somewhere between that number and 100%

Remayz

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 02:14

with a DDC3.1, i'd probably leave it close to max speed ^^'
the specs are like half a normal DDC so it will probably have to run fairly fast.

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 03:24

You'll need to edit that. Double click that CPU package sensor and select a new data source : the Octo water in temperature sensor.

Yup, that did the trick. Now I`m happy again. That ramping up and down was driving me crazy. :rolleyes:

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 03:32

Yup, that did the trick. Now I`m happy again. That ramping up and down was driving me crazy. :rolleyes:

About your pump - you can control it with the Coolant/Ambient delta if you want. I would adjust that curve to reduce the operation range of the pump - maybe between 40% and 90%.
I set it at 60% - 90% for now. I will start slowing it down to find where the temps rise and find that medium. As for the pump`s Controller Source, what would be the best setting for it? The water temperature? Also, how do you set it for a fixed speed?

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 09:14

I set it at 60% - 90% for now. I will start slowing it down to find where the temps rise and find that medium. As for the pump`s Controller Source, what would be the best setting for it? The water temperature? Also, how do you set it for a fixed speed?

So this is my "complicated" answer to setting the pump value to be either my "daily" of ~2300rpm or max speed (~4300rpm).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JA_saYewHA

The simple answer is to use a power preset (which is shown at the end of the above video) if you just want a fixed speed

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WinstonWoof« (6. August 2022, 09:17)

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 12:00

Another one for you guys, an Emergency Shutdown routine.

Handy if you leave your PC unattended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1OQBHmjff8

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 18:37

Thanks for making these videos WinstonWoof. I have subscribed to your Youtube channel and Liked both of the videos you posted links to here. I will watch every one of them. KayBee Tech also has a few interesting Aquasuite videos. I think these videos are a great way to show the power of the Aquasuite Playground. I guess it's the engineering nerd in me but I am fascinated by some of the things that can be done like calculating radiator efficiency and setting up control curves based on input from multiple sensors. The possibilities are endless, which is one of the great things about Aquasuite.

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 21:34

Thanks for making these videos WinstonWoof. I have subscribed to your Youtube channel and Liked both of the videos you posted links to here. I will watch every one of them. KayBee Tech also has a few interesting Aquasuite videos. I think these videos are a great way to show the power of the Aquasuite Playground. I guess it's the engineering nerd in me but I am fascinated by some of the things that can be done like calculating radiator efficiency and setting up control curves based on input from multiple sensors. The possibilities are endless, which is one of the great things about Aquasuite.

Gracias,

Don't get too excited as it will just be very quick adhoc guides as and when the occasion arises

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 21:38

Yes, thank you sir for making those videos. I did the emergency shut down one. I think I did right. I also used the values you entered for your Pump and CPU. Will they be the correct values for my pump speed and CPU temps? The only thing is, when I right clicked to test output data, I was expecting to hear an alarm like in your video. Instead, my PC went straight into shut down after the 5s delay. Is there supposed to be an audible alarm too? I tried to do your "complicated" pump speed settings in the Playground, but ran into snags. I will need to be walked through on how to do that one.

I have a question about the Farbwerk 360 now. Can Farbwerk 360 control the LED`s on my memory? Or do have to install Asus Armory Crate since I have an Asus mobo?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (6. August 2022, 21:49)

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 22:52

Yes, thank you sir for making those videos. I did the emergency shut down one. I think I did right. I also used the values you entered for your Pump and CPU. Will they be the correct values for my pump speed and CPU temps? The only thing is, when I right clicked to test output data, I was expecting to hear an alarm like in your video. Instead, my PC went straight into shut down after the 5s delay. Is there supposed to be an audible alarm too? I tried to do your "complicated" pump speed settings in the Playground, but ran into snags. I will need to be walked through on how to do that one.

I have a question about the Farbwerk 360 now. Can Farbwerk 360 control the LED`s on my memory? Or do have to install Asus Armory Crate since I have an Asus mobo?

You can only get the audible alarm if you're using the pop alert rather than Windows-Shutdown

Can't help with the fabwerk controlling memory LEDs as I dont have either

Samstag, 6. August 2022, 23:53

No the Farbwerk360 cannot control the LEDs on your RAM or your motherboard. You can use Armoury Crate, and Asus really pushes you to do so. My Crosshair VIII Dark Hero even has an entry in the Bios to auto-install Armoury Crate. The option is enabled be default, which I really do not appreciate. I have used Armoury Crate and Asus Aura which came before it. Their RGB control software has never been reliable. They also install multiple services and consume CPU resources. They are also messy to uninstall. When I built my Ryzen rig, which was my first time using Aquacomputer products, I made several rules.

NO Asus Armoury Crate or Aura
NO Corsair iCue
NO Thermaltake TTRGBPlus or DSP-G

All of these programs are bloated buggy, and best avoided. Luckily, there are now viable alternatives that are compatible with many brands and types of RGB products, work reliably, and offer decent RGB control features. I use OpenRGB to control the LEDs on my motherboard, G.Skill RGB RAM, and Asus TUF GPU. The program is free, light weight, open source, and offers most of the RGB presets that Aura and Armoury Crate have. There is an effects plug in that adds a bunch more. They are constantly adding support for more RGB devices. If you want them to add a device, they have a procedure to run a utility that captures the USB packets going to and from the device in several use cases. They use this data to reverse engineer the control commands so OpenRGB can control that device. The last time I checked, OpenRGB could not control a Farkwerk360 but they may have added support for it since then. The list of supported products is constantly growing.

Another alternative is Signal RGB This one is free but has a paid version that gets you access to more presets. Signal RGB uses a "canvas" onto which you place your RGB devices. You can scale them up and down. The RGB effects are basically web pages that "play back" on the canvas. The effects are written in HTML5 or Javascript. What an LED does depends on where it is on the canvas, and what the effect is doing at that place on the canvas. Want solid red? Just write the code to make the entire canvas red. They offer lots of free presets, which you can customize, or even make your own from scratch (if you know how to write the code). Because of the way Signal RGB works, it is very easy to have the LEDs track video content (Aquasuite can also do this). Signal RGB also takes advantage of this capability to do Game integrations. If you are into that sort of thing, Signal RGB may be a better choice. I just set my mobo and GPU LEDs to a static color. My RAM LEDs do a Chase Fade. This is all I want them to do so OpenRGB is the best choice.

Note that neither of these programs can sync to Aquasuite or to a Farbwerk360, so you will not be able to attain a single, common control program for all RGB lighting. The closest thing to that is Corsair iCue, but that program has its own long list of problems. The Farbwerk360 also will not sync with another Farbwek360, or the RGBpx ports or any other Aquacomputer product. They did mention a few months ago that some sort of RGB sync capability was going to be added to Aquasuite but I am not aware of any updates since then.

Sonntag, 7. August 2022, 00:17

Yes, thank you sir for making those videos. I did the emergency shut down one. I think I did right. I also used the values you entered for your Pump and CPU. Will they be the correct values for my pump speed and CPU temps? The only thing is, when I right clicked to test output data, I was expecting to hear an alarm like in your video. Instead, my PC went straight into shut down after the 5s delay. Is there supposed to be an audible alarm too?
Be careful with shutdown commands. You can set one up that will shutdown your PC as soon as Aquasuite starts, and before you can get in to stop it. I learned this the hard way and ended up doing a System Restore to get out of it. I think you can also boot into Safe Mode and edit the XML configuration file to remove the shutdown command, but I don't know the exact details of this,

In version X.43, they added a "Maintenance Mode" that disables everything in the Playground. Maintenance mode is activated automatically after a version update. It will also enable if the computer has been shut down 3 times in a row by Aquasuite. This gets you out of the shutdown loop without having to do a System Restore or boot into Safe Mode and edit an XML file. Having made this mistake, I am glad they added this feature. Still, its best to be careful when configuring shut down commands. Use a pop up command instead until you are sure it's set up correctly. Also make sure the conditions to trigger the shut down are not conditions that should ever occur unless there is a serious problem. Then switch it from pop up to the shut down command and test it.

Sonntag, 7. August 2022, 02:57

Okay, thanks for the info.I have that feature in my BIOS to install Armory Crate, but it is not enabled. I don`t really want it either. And iCue, on my other computer did not play nice with Asus` apps. So, I don`t want that either. Can I turn off the RAM LED`s in the BIOS?

I am thinking about installing MSI Afterburner again on this PC. Will Afterburner play nice with Aquasuite?

I will do that pop up command to test the Emergency Shut down to make sure it is working correctly.

Sonntag, 7. August 2022, 19:03

WinstonWoof, I did a virtual Water Pump Control in the Playground. I used temperature instead of Load to control the pump. Does everything look right?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (7. August 2022, 19:04)

Montag, 8. August 2022, 08:51

WinstonWoof, I did a virtual Water Pump Control in the Playground. I used temperature instead of Load to control the pump. Does everything look right?

looks to be.

To test it in the Sensor input step set a test value higher than yuor threshold with a duration of say 30 seconds

Right click on Sensor Input and select output "Test Data"

you should then be able to watch the flow

Montag, 8. August 2022, 08:53

Yes, thank you sir for making those videos. I did the emergency shut down one. I think I did right. I also used the values you entered for your Pump and CPU. Will they be the correct values for my pump speed and CPU temps? The only thing is, when I right clicked to test output data, I was expecting to hear an alarm like in your video. Instead, my PC went straight into shut down after the 5s delay. Is there supposed to be an audible alarm too?
Be careful with shutdown commands. You can set one up that will shutdown your PC as soon as Aquasuite starts, and before you can get in to stop it. I learned this the hard way and ended up doing a System Restore to get out of it. I think you can also boot into Safe Mode and edit the XML configuration file to remove the shutdown command, but I don't know the exact details of this,

In version X.43, they added a "Maintenance Mode" that disables everything in the Playground. Maintenance mode is activated automatically after a version update. It will also enable if the computer has been shut down 3 times in a row by Aquasuite. This gets you out of the shutdown loop without having to do a System Restore or boot into Safe Mode and edit an XML file. Having made this mistake, I am glad they added this feature. Still, its best to be careful when configuring shut down commands. Use a pop up command instead until you are sure it's set up correctly. Also make sure the conditions to trigger the shut down are not conditions that should ever occur unless there is a serious problem. Then switch it from pop up to the shut down command and test it.

Maintenance Mode is so much nicer than faffing around with XML files :)

Montag, 8. August 2022, 09:15

New Video Added :Aquasuite Extended Graphing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvEOc2PocsA

Cant recall who it was sorry but someone was asking about checking the highest temp during an extended gaming session.

The default options only allow for 60 minutes, this shows you how to get a much longer period displayed in a graph on your desktop