• 03.06.2024, 09:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

laggy

Samstag, 17. Dezember 2022, 16:30

that max wattage is nonestly never reached.
the maximum i manage to measure on an octo is about 4 watts with 3 fans at full blast. Granted they are PWM.. the sticker says 5.4W per fan.

with DC fans, the Aquaero will dissipate quite a bit of heat when they run slow and that has to be taken into account too.

Unfortunately the splitty 4 won't help for DC fans. it entirely depends on the aquaero modulating the voltage. You can't power it separately to take some load off (which you could do with PWM).
The only way would be to use a poweradjust controller and connect some fans away from the aquaero.
But again, the fans don't draw that maximum power shown on the sticker. they are always waaaaay below and i'm pretty sure you can get away with connecting them all off the Aquaero.
Interesting, your PWM draws allot of power (on sticker) for sure, maybe they have LEDs included in that calculation?
because the high-end PWM fans I am looking at draw only 1.6W with 2000 RPM!
No LED's though.

My DC fans have 4 static LED bulbs.
Keep in mind you didn't account for the heat sink I installed on the Aquaero 6 XT already,
the question is how much extra wattage does the heat sink give to the Aquaero by passively cooling it?
Even if rough estimate would be nice to know.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »laggy« (17. Dezember 2022, 16:39)

laggy

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2022, 09:41

It is sad that the heatsink for the Aquaero 6 XT does not show how much extra voltage
it roughly provides, I searched the forums and couldn't find any info.

But the Poweradjust 3 heatsink claims it can provide up to 5-6 extra watts when used,
So I assume I should expect the same for the Aquaero 6 XT.

Zitat

The poweradjust 3 is a versatile single channel fan or pump controller Mainly designed for Laing DDC and D5 pumps as well as powerful fans, the poweradjust can be used for controlling a variety of devices with up to 30 Watts (up to 36 Watts with optional passive heat sink) at 12 Volt DC.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »laggy« (18. Dezember 2022, 09:45)

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2022, 12:58

The reason why I have Splitty9 as an Aquabus extension/adapter is because I have low clearance for the Aquabux X4 adapter on the back of the Aquaero 6 XT
There is no space for the X4 to fit, so I am using a long cable from Aquaero 6 HIGH Aquabus to the Splitty9 and using the latter for Aquabus connections.
I can also add more Calitemp sensors in the future.
  • Multple Calitemps, up to 4, must have the X4 expansion module (it contains electronics to control multiple Calitemps)
  • each Calitemp sensor must be on one of the four individual ports on the X4 (no splitters)
  • if space to mount the X4 is an issue, you may use an aquabus/PWM fan extender cable (not Y-cable) to connect the X4 to the aquabus port on the aquaero, and mount the X4 offsite

laggy

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2022, 13:18

The reason why I have Splitty9 as an Aquabus extension/adapter is because I have low clearance for the Aquabux X4 adapter on the back of the Aquaero 6 XT
There is no space for the X4 to fit, so I am using a long cable from Aquaero 6 HIGH Aquabus to the Splitty9 and using the latter for Aquabus connections.
I can also add more Calitemp sensors in the future.
  • Multple Calitemps, up to 4, must have the X4 expansion module (it contains electronics to control multiple Calitemps)
  • each Calitemp sensor must be on one of the four individual ports on the X4 (no splitters)
  • if space to mount the X4 is an issue, you may use an aquabus/PWM fan extender cable (not Y-cable) to connect the X4 to the aquabus port on the aquaero, and mount the X4 offsite
Thank you, good to know!
I have bough extension cables of different sizes.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »laggy« (18. Dezember 2022, 22:14)

RE: RE: RE: Advice Needed, Aquaero 6 XT and OCTO/Farbewerk 360 Setup with Picture (Fixed)

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2022, 16:04

Zitat von »laggy«

As you understand, if there is no overload problem you can install all DC fans until you switch to PWM fans, the limit is still aquaero's 54W per channel limit, with aquasuite you can control all your existing fans. Even with OCTO there is a load limit, you can refer to the equipment instructions. Regarding the aquabus X4 extender, if you need more than four sets of connections, you can use the Y-type cable to expand the number of aquabus after X4. I use this method to extend the number of X4 to 8 sets, depending on the number of your devices. Not every device must use the aquabus connection, compared to the USB connection is much more important.:)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jacob« (18. Dezember 2022, 16:16)

Remayz

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2022, 16:57

the maximum i manage to measure on an octo is about 4 watts with 3 fans at full blast. Granted they are PWM.. the sticker says 5.4W per fan.

with DC fans, the Aquaero will dissipate quite a bit of heat when they run slow and that has to be taken into account too.

Unfortunately the splitty 4 won't help for DC fans. it entirely depends on the aquaero modulating the voltage. You can't power it separately to take some load off (which you could do with PWM).
The only way would be to use a poweradjust controller and connect some fans away from the aquaero.
But again, the fans don't draw that maximum power shown on the sticker. they are always waaaaay below and i'm pretty sure you can get away with connecting them all off the Aquaero.
Interesting, your PWM draws allot of power (on sticker) for sure, maybe they have LEDs included in that calculation?
No LED's though.

Keep in mind you didn't account for the heat sink I installed on the Aquaero 6 XT already,
the question is how much extra wattage does the heat sink give to the Aquaero by passively cooling it?
LEDs are 5V, so they don't count on the controller power draw anyway since motors are 12V.
My fans are 2200 (those at 4W for 3 fans at full speed) and 2600 rpm, but still, the high speed bequiet draw 3.6W for 3 fans at full speed. in normal use, each Octo header may only output 0.5 to 0.6W tops, if the loop is warm and the fans have to speed up.

The problem calculating with DC fans is that there is power draw from the motors, and from the controller generating heat to drop voltage. All in all it's hard to estimate.
But i still believe you worry about a non issue ;)

laggy

RE: RE: RE: RE: Advice Needed, Aquaero 6 XT and OCTO/Farbewerk 360 Setup with Picture (Fixed)

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2022, 17:03

Zitat

As you understand, if there is no overload problem you can install all DC fans until you switch to PWM fans, the limit is still aquaero's 54W per channel limit, with aquasuite you can control all your existing fans. Even with OCTO there is a load limit, you can refer to the equipment instructions. Regarding the aquabus X4 extender, if you need more than four sets of connections, you can use the Y-type cable to expand the number of aquabus after X4. I use this method to extend the number of X4 to 8 sets, depending on the number of your devices. Not every device must use the aquabus connection, compared to the USB connection is much more important.:)

Thank you,
Aquasuite is completely unknown animal to me, I am trying to do everything proper and right on the hardware side before I boot
the system and install Win.11 and first software will be Aquasuite, Maybe Aida64 first :-P

As far as Aquabus goes, I don't see any need for me right now to use anything on it besides Calitemp,
Until there is new hardware that will be that I guess. From what I gather Aquabus is just a trade-mark for aquacomputer "understandably"
but it does not offer anything special beside the Calitemp for the mean time.

laggy

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2022, 17:07

No LED's though.

LEDs are 5V, so they don't count on the controller power draw anyway since motors are 12V.
My fans are 2200 (those at 4W for 3 fans at full speed) and 2600 rpm, but still, the high speed bequiet draw 3.6W for 3 fans at full speed. in normal use, each Octo header may only output 0.5 to 0.6W tops, if the loop is warm and the fans have to speed up.

The problem calculating with DC fans is that there is power draw from the motors, and from the controller generating heat to drop voltage. All in all it's hard to estimate.
But i still believe you worry about a non issue ;)
Good to hear, I am just nosy I guess :-P

thanks for letting me know to watch for the temp of the Aquaero at low DC-fan speeds, I bought a very short temp sensor just to stick to the Aquaero
backside to see how it is behaving when the DC fans are running slow.

laggy

Montag, 2. Januar 2023, 02:46

Just wanted to say thank you everyone who advised on this setup,
and for taking the time to reply. really appreciated everyone input and knowledge!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »laggy« (2. Januar 2023, 02:48)