• 24.05.2024, 02:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

klara

Does quadro or octo preserve curve controll before Windows boot?

Donnerstag, 27. April 2023, 18:23

If I once setup fan curve control depending temperature, does this still work without Windows boot, for instance, on startup of my PC?

If this works, does it work with temperature from software sensor?
For instance, I have high flow next and I can setup curve control using high flow next's temperature using software sensor without any temperature sensor connection on Quadro/Octo.
Can I expect this work properly without Windows/aquasuite once setup is done?

Remayz

Donnerstag, 27. April 2023, 18:54

Software or virtual sensor = needs the Aquasuite service to be running.
If you want to play purely hardware you will have to connect a temperature sensor to the Octo.

but...

You could easily not care about it if you just do a little test, stress testing the computer and setting a static fan speed, to see how your loop cools the PC with zero control. It often turns out that you can simply leave your fan curves as they are, and only set the fallback % value to a fan speed that's enough to cover your ass no matter what happens.. booting, eventual crash of the service etc..

Just as an example on my rig, a fan fallback speed of 40% PWM is more than enough to cool the PC in all situations. That's what it runs at boot.

If you need to run the PC without windows though, you'll want a sensor hardwired to the octo, and your fan speeds directly controlled by that.

klara

Freitag, 28. April 2023, 07:04

Software or virtual sensor = needs the Aquasuite service to be running.
If you want to play purely hardware you will have to connect a temperature sensor to the Octo.

but...

You could easily not care about it if you just do a little test, stress testing the computer and setting a static fan speed, to see how your loop cools the PC with zero control. It often turns out that you can simply leave your fan curves as they are, and only set the fallback % value to a fan speed that's enough to cover your ass no matter what happens.. booting, eventual crash of the service etc..

Just as an example on my rig, a fan fallback speed of 40% PWM is more than enough to cool the PC in all situations. That's what it runs at boot.

If you need to run the PC without windows though, you'll want a sensor hardwired to the octo, and your fan speeds directly controlled by that.
I didn't notice that there is a fallback value under fan curve. It should be enough for me. Thank you for nice tip!