• 27.04.2024, 12:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

r00t69

New to Watercooling | Need some guideance.

Samstag, 2. April 2005, 23:05

Hello,

About to build a new system and this will be the first time I have used Water Cooling, so would appreciate any help.

System Spec's:
Case > Lian-Li PC-V1100
MB > Abit Fatal1ty AN8
CPU > AMD A64 3800+ or 4000+
Graphics > X850XT PE

Water Cooling:
CPU > Cuplex Pro
NB > Twinplex
GPU > Twinplex
Res > Aquatube
Rad > 2x Airplex 120
Pump > Aquastream 3.0 + FMJ
Control > Aquaero

Here's my suggested layout. I am doing something special on top of the case at the front which leaves only enough space for a Airplex 120. The top Airplex for the GPU and the bottom one for the CPU & NB.

Thanks in advance.

Re: New to Watercooling | Need some guideance

Samstag, 2. April 2005, 23:40

You shouldn't split the circuit. you can't tell wich way more water will flow. It might happen that the water in one part of the part of the circuts will flow too slow. just put all the pieces in one row and the aquatube before the pump. the rest as it fits best for your tubing.

edit: maybe like this:

Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 00:52

I differ from the factory point of view in running parallel circuits. Depends on how much time you are willing to make sure everything is going in the right manner ;) Since you are contemplating putting in an Aquaero you can add a flow meter and internal water temp sensing to verify that your flows and temps are correct in each parallel circuit. The flow meter is part number 53021.

I should point out that you system seems somewhat overkill to me unless you plan on doing some pretty wild OC. A 120mm rad in the front bottom and another 120mm rad where your MB level exhaust fan is will cool an OC'd XEON with dual TEC's, NB, and a GPU to boot. Since you seem ready to remove the HDD racks you can easily install a 120mm radiator and fan into the area where the current intake fan is located in the front bottom of the case.

BTW, nice idea to put the Aquaero in the top of the case so you can easily see it when it is on the floor ;D

You can use this link to easily see what the part number is associated with and it's stock status at IT-Trade and a pic 8)

r00t69

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 03:22

Thanks for the feedback guys. I wasn't putting the rad where the bottom intake fan is as this is the v1100 case which has the door so air flow in will be pretty poor.

I don't want to put a rad at the MB because I'd like to keep it nice and clear. Is two rads overkill for this? I don't really plan on OC'ing that much but I know the X850 will run hot and I'm pretty sure the nForce4 NB will too. Also I am building it with a Dual Core in mind later on.

hobbes_dmS your design shows the top rad doing most of the cooling with the bottom rad acting almost as an after cooler, is this effective? Although it still keeps it nice and neat which is good :)

Ooh btw infront of the Aquaero will be the a slim slot load DVD-RW/Card Reader/FW/USB and Power/Reset Button. Like most people (I'm sure) my case is on the floor so this way I can access everything from the top....nice ;D

BTW My intention is to run this as passive cooling most of the time, i.e. surfing web, office duties, etc and the fans should only need to kick when the load increases such as games or rendering.

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 03:33

Zitat von »r00t69«

hobbes_dmS your design shows the top rad doing most of the cooling with the bottom rad acting almost as an after cooler, is this effective?

since the waterflow in the system is fast enough, the temperature will be nearly the same anywhere in the system.
Just put everything in a row and connect everything in a way that fits the laying (can you say so?) of the hoses best.

Zitat

I differ from the factory point of view in running parallel circuits. Depends on how much time you are willing to make sure everything is going in the right manner Since you are contemplating putting in an Aquaero you can add a flow meter and internal water temp sensing to verify that your flows and temps are correct in each parallel circuit.

And if you find out that the flowrate in one part is higher, what do you want to do? squeeze a hose together until the flow rates are equal again? I don't think so. ;)
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 07:27

Zitat von »hobbes_dmS«

And if you find out that the flowrate in one part is higher, what do you want to do? squeeze a hose together until the flow rates are equal again? I don't think so. ;)

Well I suppose one needs to design it so that doesn't happen in the first place by factoring in length of tubing, height of objects, and remembering that flow resistance is higher in some objects than in others, etc. Your way is fine if you want it to work without fiddling around, but my way is [H]ard. Being [H] is a different way of life... 8)

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 15:02

This is just a suggestion.
I noticed that the second radiator is almost useless (referring to the drawing Hobbes made). Why not plug in into the curcuit just after the CPU cooler? That way a huge chunck of heat is dissipated thorugh the radiator and the GPU cooler will recieve much cooler water. It complicates the tubing, but I think the result will be better.

Edit:
Added some text.
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

r00t69

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 15:02

Zitat von »hobbes_dmS«

since the waterflow in the system is fast enough, the temperature will be nearly the same anywhere in the system.

If thats the case what purpose do the rads serve?

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 15:36

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

Well I suppose one needs to design it so that doesn't happen in the first place by factoring in length of tubing, height of objects, and remembering that flow resistance is higher in some objects than in others, etc.  Your way is fine if you want it to work without fiddling around, but my way is [H]ard.  Being [H] is a different way of life...  8)

- the height of Objects does not matter in a closed circut.
- flow rate will be lower in the paralell parts of the circut (too low flowrate = not enough "cold" water to cool the components)
- as you step further in the Alphabet (as you get "mature" ;) ) you might get from [H]ard to intelligent. ;D just [J]oking ;)

Zitat von »r00t69«

If thats the case what purpose do the rads serve?

I might have expressed myself a bit confusing. of course the water is a bit hotter after the CPU / GPU / NB and a bit cooler after the radiator(s), but due to the high flow-rate, that is only about 1 or 2 degrees (Kelvin, not Fahrenheit). It really does not matter in which order you put the components into the circut. put it as it is best for your tubing.
the lower radiator won't be "unemployed".

Zitat von »Timstone«

This is just a suggestion.
I noticed that the second radiator is almost useless (referring to the drawing Hobbes made). Why not plug in into the curcuit just after the CPU cooler? That way a huge chunck of heat is dissipated thorugh the radiator and the GPU cooler will recieve much cooler water. It complicates the tubing, but I think the result will be better.

Edit:
Added some text.

see my explanations above ;)

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 18:41

Hobbes:
The height of an object is very important, wether it is in a closed circuit or in an open pumpstream. The pump can only pump the water to a specific height. To pump the water heigher, you need a bigger pump (or a narrow tube, but that will help only a bit).
I don't know the English word for this phenomena.

About the speed of the water. What is the speed acctually (in m/s)?
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 19:02

hmm.

There is a way how you can split the circuit...

but in this case ypu have to use two pumps...

but having no air-flow at the motherboard is very dangerous... there a many components (like voltage-regulators ?) wich can over-heat...

Man In Blue
A sinking ship is still a ship!

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 21:00

Zitat von »Timstone«

Hobbes:
The height of an object is very important, wether it is in a closed circuit or in an open pumpstream. The pump can only pump the water to a specific height. To pump the water heigher, you need a bigger pump (or a narrow tube, but that will help only a bit).

wrong. if the circut is closed and filled, the water which is pumped up runs down again (A). The Pump only has to keep the water circulating. the height you're referring to is how high a pump can push thw water (B).

O T

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 22:08

Zitat von »hobbes_dmS«

- the height of Objects does not matter in a closed circut.
- flow rate will be lower in the paralell parts of the circut (too low flowrate = not enough "cold" water to cool the components)
- as you step further in the Alphabet (as you get "mature" ;) ) you might get from [H]ard to intelligent. ;D just [J]oking ;)

-Yes, but it sounded good and I know that because I once put a Koolance EXOS 3 meters above a computer...don't ask why.

-Flow rate does go down...so get a bigger pump ;D

-ROFL...sometimes it is really hard trying to be [H] :o

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 22:12

Zitat von »Timstone«

Hobbes:
The height of an object is very important, wether it is in a closed circuit or in an open pumpstream.

See my post above. I suppose it does matter if you are pumping up a mile, but in a computer within normal parameters its not worth discussing.

r00t69

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 23:24

Zitat von »Man_In_Blue«

hmm.

There is a way how you can split the circuit...

but in this case ypu have to use two pumps...

but having no air-flow at the motherboard is very dangerous... there a many components (like voltage-regulators ?) wich can over-heat...

Man In Blue

The MB has two 40mm fans over the caps to keep everything cool plus I am going to reverse the 120mm fans at the back to bring air in. This will mean 2in / 2 out.

Board details here
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/prod…ies=1&model=262

How does this look?

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Montag, 4. April 2005, 00:34

the picture doesn't work here :P I cant open it the link seems to be wrong.

Montag, 4. April 2005, 00:51

Zitat von »rebyC«

the picture doesn't work here :P I cant open it the link seems to be wrong.

Correct Link:
http://img55.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img55&ima…00model20wa.jpg

Montag, 4. April 2005, 00:58

Uh oh...the big guns are coming out now ;) Thanks for the correct link Shoggy!

Now that setup will work just fine with no tweaking by [H] denizens ;)

r00t69

Montag, 4. April 2005, 15:47

Zitat von »Shoggy«

Correct Link:
http://img55.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img55&ima…0wa.jpg[/quote]

Thanks Shoggy, thats what heppen when you try to post with one foot out the door ;D

r00t69

Montag, 4. April 2005, 21:22

Zitat von »r00t69«

Thanks Shoggy, thats what heppen when you try to post with one foot out the door ;D

Here this will save you all going off thread :P