• 16.04.2024, 13:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Carbine

Multiswitch Questions

Montag, 6. März 2006, 02:09

Hello all.. new here ;D

Have a few questions regarding the Multiswitch, Aquaero and the Aquastream Control Unit.

1) I have a Seasonic S12 600w PSU and i was wondering will it power all the above on the same rail (each cable has 3 molex connectors and a floppy connector)?

2) If i'm connecting all above together, does that mean i need to connect all 3... as in 1 molex to each hardware?

3) Can/Do i connect both the Multiswitch and Aquaero using internal USB connections.. or di i just plug in the Aquaero?

4) The Aquaero says i can connect up to 6 sensors and 4 fans... does the flow meter act as one sensor so basically i get 5 free?

Cheers for the help... AC noob here

Re: Multiswitch Questions

Montag, 6. März 2006, 17:23

Zitat von »Carbine«

Hello all.. new here ;D

Have a few questions regarding the Multiswitch, Aquaero and the Aquastream Control Unit.

1) I have a Seasonic S12 600w PSU and i was wondering will it power all the above on the same rail (each cable has 3 molex connectors and a floppy connector)?

2) If i'm connecting all above together, does that mean i need to connect all 3... as in 1 molex to each hardware?

3) Can/Do i connect both the Multiswitch and Aquaero using internal USB connections.. or di i just plug in the Aquaero?

4) The Aquaero says i can connect up to 6 sensors and 4 fans... does the flow meter act as one sensor so basically i get 5 free?

Cheers for the help... AC noob here

1) does not matter, because all cable end on the same field inside the nt (only differentiated by voltage), so wire i like you want it to to :)

2) cf 1, but be careful, if you use the aquastream-aquaero-cable (10Pin) you mustn't connect the molex to the controller, if you do so, the controller and the aquaero can be damaged ::)

3) both, you can either connect both to usb or you can connect the auqero to usb and the multiswitch to the aquaero

Regards
Michael
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Carbine

Dienstag, 7. März 2006, 01:26

So for number 2... that means i only use 2 molexes rather than 3?

and what does cf 1 mean?

Dienstag, 7. März 2006, 11:08

Zitat von »Carbine«

So for number 2... that means i only use 2 molexes rather than 3?

and what does cf 1 mean?

confuer 1 - look at point one, wanted to say, that it does not matter which molex you will use ::).
Yes, it means you only need two molex, one for the aquaero and one for the multiswitch. the aquastream is powered trough the connection-cable ;).
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Mittwoch, 8. März 2006, 23:56

in regards to 4)

as far as im aware the sensors are just for temps, ever water or ambient. iirc cabine you are planning a dual loop system, in which case you would need to connect the 1st flow meter to the flow meter socket & the 2nd to the fan 4 socket. so u will only have 3 fan sockets left to play with. but as the v4.00 aquaero can handle 10watts per channel ( socket ) & a 120mm fan draws 2.16watts, you can have 4 fans to each socket. so even by losing a fan socket you could still run 12 fans, more if you fit a multiswitch.

Carbine

Donnerstag, 9. März 2006, 02:24

Thanks for that.. but nope i'm only using 1 flow meter as the other loops 7/16 custom watercooling. Only one loop is Aquacomputer.

And no it isn''t dual loop. Its triple :P

Donnerstag, 9. März 2006, 02:27

Zitat von »Carbine«

Its triple :P

Darn, that's gotta be one big case unless you're using microbore ;D

Carbine

Freitag, 10. März 2006, 00:15

I'm using a Mountainmods case :)