• 26.04.2024, 05:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

turboplex USB - departure into a new era?

Donnerstag, 16. März 2006, 15:57

It is three years ago that the turboplex USB was handed in to the german patent office.

Download the patent document

It was a time where nobody was thinking about the combinaton of a cooling block with the pump. Aqua Computer entered absolute new ground. Such a product is technically very challenging because no vibrations should be audible.

Meanwhile some competitors like Intel have similar solutions, so Aqua Computer want to give you an insight in their development. The photo shows the level of development before approx. 2 years.

The capacity of the pump can reach 3 meters pressure head and the water rotates directly over the ground plate. The cooling capacity beats all available waterblocks with a passive design.

However, a soundless operation have not been achieved yet.

Just the question: how many audibility is acceptable?

Re: turboplex USB - departure into a new era?

Donnerstag, 16. März 2006, 16:17

that looks great - as for sound it should be quite enough not for you to hear it when the case is closed same level as a quite fan would be good.

Freitag, 17. März 2006, 10:07

Is this a long-term AC project or something that is available for sale now?

Freitag, 17. März 2006, 16:24

AC is working on it since 2004.

And no, you can't buy it, so far.
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

Freitag, 17. März 2006, 19:42

The patent is from 2003 ;)

Freitag, 17. März 2006, 20:10

if you need a test pc, i could test it for ya ;) ;D

Freitag, 17. März 2006, 21:24

Zitat von »Shoggy«

The patent is from 2003 ;)

So I gather this is like the Hipersys? Something to brag about, but no cigar? Too bad as I was ready to start building a water cooled SFF PC. :'(

Freitag, 17. März 2006, 21:31

The problem with the hipersys was its price. Mainly the case with all its laser cuts and bendings was tooooo expensive.

Samstag, 18. März 2006, 10:07

So are you saying this is economically feasible? When? :)

Samstag, 18. März 2006, 14:50

???

It will never be produced because its to expensive (hipersys). Or do you mean the turboplex?

Samstag, 18. März 2006, 20:33

Regarding the hypersys a new revision will be released until middle of the year. But it's a different design to the shown version.

The turboplex in the shown version will not be released. The pictures a more than two years old and the design has changed since that time. But maybe we will release the current version.

Sonntag, 19. März 2006, 11:45

Zitat von »Stephan«

Regarding the hypersys a new revision will be released until middle of the year. But it's a different design to the shown version.

The turboplex in the shown version will not be released. The pictures a more than two years old and the design has changed since that time. But maybe we will release the current version.

Do I see an Aquabox and an Aquaero LT stuffed into the exterior housing?

So how about some specs on the TurboPlex as to noise generated and more importantly something to backup the claim that it will beat any waterblock on the market?

Sonntag, 19. März 2006, 12:34

@Top_Nurse
I can't answer your questions right now. The turboplex beats any passiv waterblock we have seen until now. This happens because of the generated turbulence on the cooper plate and a special structure of the plate. But this was not the main target at this project. The turboplex of today looks much other than the released photo. Our primary aim is to make it not hearable not the last percent in cooling performance.

Nox

Dienstag, 21. März 2006, 10:52

That looks pretty good! Registered just to post!!! Re the noise, I would say roughly the same as a regular pump is fine. Not sure what that is in dB, I just know its quieter than my fans!!

Nox

Donnerstag, 23. März 2006, 11:40

looks very nice... heres an idea.
You should try and make one very quiet one (that isn't particularly powerfull). Then one that is quiet (no louder than a normal pump - e.g. 1046) but is really powerfull. This I would buy without a doubt - the quiet one i would use for a media computer.

Good luck (use my ideas:D)

Boswell

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 04:06

Any idea when we can get our hands on one?

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 05:54

About 6 months AC time. :-X

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 06:02

That was not what I wanted to hear.

Body

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 29. März 2006, 03:33

well it's done when it's done :-X