• 28.04.2024, 00:02
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero, Mulitswitch and Aquastream Connections

Donnerstag, 22. Juni 2006, 21:07

Hi Aquacomputer,

In one of my systems I have an Aquaero, Multiswitch, Aquastream and an Aquaero Tubemeter. I am in the process of connecting these all up to the various items that go with them, at least to how I understand them to be connected.

The Aquaero has the following items connected:

1 Molex power cable
1 USB cable connected to the Mother Board
1 Water Flow sensor
2 LED's (Red and Blue combo for the Aquatube)
4 Fans (1 Chassie fan and 3 Evo 360 Radiator fans)
6 Temp sensors (2 water and the 4 that came with the Aquaero, distributed about the case and components)

Unused:

1 Relay
1 Expansion slot
1 Aquabus
1 Standby-Power (Jumper left as Defult)

Q1: Unsure what the Aquabus connects too. Do I connect that to the Multiswitch? If so, then what is the advantage as I understand I don't need the USB connection from the Multiswitch to the Mother board?

Q2: What is the Expansion Slot ment to be connected too?

Q3: Relay emergency shutdown, is this recommented and where do you get the cable for this?

The Mulitswitch has the following items connected:

1 Molex power cable
1 USB cable connected to the Mother Board

Unused:

1 Relay
1 Aquastream connection
2 Aquabus
8 LED connections
8 Power outputs (see below for whats being planned to be connected here)

Planning on connecting 3 120mm fans and possibly 3 80mm fans to be controlled via the Mulitswitch.

Q4: I assume that as the fans are infact small motors, I need to fit a self-induction recuperation diode and a 100 nF capacitor to the consumer to prevent intererences with the Mulitswitch, is this true?

Q5: Will the Multiswitch allow me to change the voltages of the fans between 12v, 7.5v and 5v with the software interface, or is it simply 12v on and off? This allows me to change the fan speeds and so the sound output of the fans.

Q6: The Aquastream connection is not used due to the Aquero connected to the Aquastream, is this correct?

Q7: Unsure what the Aquabus connects too. Do I connect that to the Aquaero? If so will I loose some useful functionality in controlling the Jumper 3 (PWM function)?

The Aquastream has the following items connected:

1 Aquastream-pump
1 Aquaero-Bridge

Unconnected

1 Molex power connector (Not used as there is an Aquaero in the system)
1 RPM-signal

Q8: What device is the RPM-signal connection for?

Finnaly, I also have an Aquaero Tubemeter

Q9: Do I connect that straight to the Mother board, and how does the Aquaero know if the water leaks out?

Q10: Can you see anywhere where I have mis-understood the aquacomputer products and I am likely to damage anything?

Thanks again for some great products, and help in answering these lengthy questions.

SNIFFY.

Re: Aquaero, Mulitswitch and Aquastream Connection

Freitag, 23. Juni 2006, 11:56

Looks like I will have to experiment myself when its all up and running, and answer my own questions. :'(

daherik

Dienstag, 2. Januar 2007, 01:23

So, have you finished this experimentation yet? I would love to get all those question answered myself.

drbo

Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007, 12:03

i can answer some of your questions:
Q8: The RPM connects to the MB (as some MB needs a RPM reading in order to run!)

You need to connect to molex both to aquaero and the aquastream.

Q1 and Q9: The aquabus is to be used (special cable) for connecting the tubemeter directly to aquero, and thus be able to control and monitor it directly without installing the software (have to set the alarm levels yourself). Be careful when doing this, be sure to connect the aquabus cableit the rigth way at the tubemeter. Se other threads on this forum. If you connects your tubenmeter via the USB cable, then you need to run the software to control it. But then I am not sure on if/how you get the the led alarm to work ...

I can not help you with regard to the multiswich, as I dont have any experience with it ...
WS: W10 | Asus Rog Strix X299 | i7-7820X | Asus Rog Strix 1080Ti | Dominator 32GB | Corsair 860AXi | 512GB Samsung EVO 970 |WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 3x EK-CoolStream PE 480 | LD PC-V8
Gamer:W10 | Asus R4E | i7 3930K | 3x Asus HD 7970 CF | Dominator 16GB| Corsair 1200AXi | 2x120GB I520 Raid0 | WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 4x Airplex PRO 360 | MM Extended Ascension

Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007, 16:19

Zitat

Q1: Unsure what the Aquabus connects too. Do I connect that to the Multiswitch? If so, then what is the advantage as I understand I don't need the USB connection from the Multiswitch to the Mother board?

If you connect it to the aquaero, you are able to control it via the aquaero. The big disadvantage is that you can only use it as a switch - on and off ;)

I highly recommend that you connect the multiswitch to a USB port.

Zitat

Q2: What is the Expansion Slot ment to be connected too?

It can be used for additional devices. Currently nothing is availble for this port.

Zitat

Q3: Relay emergency shutdown, is this recommented and where do you get the cable for this?

Yes, highly recommend because it costs nearly nothing but makes your system more secure.

You could connect the power-button of your PC to the relay of the aquaero.

Zitat

Q4: I assume that as the fans are infact small motors, I need to fit a self-induction recuperation diode and a 100 nF capacitor to the consumer to prevent intererences with the Mulitswitch, is this true?

Referring to the manual it is true. Can't say any more here...

Zitat

Q5: Will the Multiswitch allow me to change the voltages of the fans between 12v, 7.5v and 5v with the software interface, or is it simply 12v on and off? This allows me to change the fan speeds and so the sound output of the fans.

Yes and no. The multiswitch uses PWM. Of course you can take control over the speed of the fans but you can't set a voltage, only one of 26(?) values (from low to max). PWM is only available when the multiswitch is connected to a USB port. If you connect it to the aquaero you can only use it as an off/on switch.

Zitat

Q6: The Aquastream connection is not used due to the Aquero connected to the Aquastream, is this correct?

Yes, the port remains free because the pump is already connected to the aquaero.

Zitat

Q7: Unsure what the Aquabus connects too. Do I connect that to the Aquaero? If so will I loose some useful functionality in controlling the Jumper 3 (PWM function)?

You could connect the multiswitch to the aquaero but as said before you would lose the PWM function in this case.

Zitat

Q8: What device is the RPM-signal connection for?

The aquastream conntroller generates an artificial rpm-signal as long as everythings is working correct. If the controller detects a malfunction it will stop to generate this signal. You could connect it to a fan connector of your mainboard to monitor the pump and if the signal is lost the computer could be shut down (if configurable in the BIOS). Well, you don't need to do this because your aquastream is already connected to the aquaero and all malfunctions will be reported by the aquaero and of course it can shut down your PC if you use the relay.

Zitat

Q9: Do I connect that straight to the Mother board, and how does the Aquaero know if the water leaks out?

No, you should not connect it to your mainboard. Connect it to the aquaero with an aquabus cable and the aquaero will be able to shutdown your PC (the relay again...) if a malfunction is detected.

Zitat

Q10: Can you see anywhere where I have mis-understood the aquacomputer products and I am likely to damage anything?

Not really, but afaik 911 is a good number to call if something goes wrong ;D

-----------------------

DO NOT connect the molex connector to the aquastream AND aquaero at the same time. This is only recommed if you encounter problems with the aquastream - most likely when you connect the tubemeter too.

btw: you know that you can connect more than one fan to a fan channel of the aquaero? Use a Y-adapter or solder them together. Remember that 10W is the maximum load capacity of a channel.

drbo

Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007, 18:02

Zitat von »Shoggy«

DO NOT connect the molex connector to the aquastream AND aquaero at the same time. This is only recommed if you encounter problems with the aquastream - most likely when you connect the tubemeter too.

Have I misunderstod? the aquaero manual, p.10:
"Attention: It is essential, if the aquaero and the aquastreanm are connected to each other, the power supply is connected to the aquaero and to the aquastream controler" ???
WS: W10 | Asus Rog Strix X299 | i7-7820X | Asus Rog Strix 1080Ti | Dominator 32GB | Corsair 860AXi | 512GB Samsung EVO 970 |WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 3x EK-CoolStream PE 480 | LD PC-V8
Gamer:W10 | Asus R4E | i7 3930K | 3x Asus HD 7970 CF | Dominator 16GB| Corsair 1200AXi | 2x120GB I520 Raid0 | WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 4x Airplex PRO 360 | MM Extended Ascension

Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007, 18:42

OK, that seems to be new in the manual. I can only say that it was only recommend if you have problems.

drbo

Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007, 19:07

I have the aquastream and the aquaero connected to each other, with a flowmeter and the Tubemeter connected to the aquaero. Should I then continue to have both connected to the power, or should I disconnect the aquastream?

Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007, 19:12

Due the fact that it is already working this way you can also leave it this way ;)

drbo

Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007, 22:58

It seems like working OK, but I don't really know until I get the software to work. And that my take a week or so, since I am using Vista 64 (Enterprise, .NET 3.0, will upgrade to Ultimo when this is released), and I cant get the beta software to work ...