• 27.04.2024, 17:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New: aquadrive quad copper edition

Sonntag, 17. Februar 2008, 23:10

Our hard disk series aquadrive has a new baby:

The aquadrive quad copper edition

This hard disk cooler can take up to 4 hard disks which are cooled and decoupled very well in the completely encapsulated case. Merely three 5 1/4" bays are used and the cooler contains a fluid reservoir at the same time, this one has a greater capacity than the aquatube.

This new star of our hard disk series uses delrin as case material which takes vibrations better than aluminum due to its structure. Solid copper plates are used inside. Their weight approximately corresponds to the weight of an aquadrive dual aluminium. In turn these are surrounded by a water jacket which also takes and lowers vibrations. The whole aquadrive is kept in the already approved rubber components which decouple it from the case. The inside of the case is provided with a special layer covering to take high-frequency noises.

To be able to take SATA and ATA plates without too big case openings, the openings are executed ex works for SATA as of now and can be used for ATA drives by breaking them out.

The integrated fluid reservoir is filled by an enclosed squeeze bottle at the front. By two tubes the two reservoirs are communicating with each other so that the filling level compensates itself. The current water level can comfortably be read in the right profile. A little red ball indicates the fill level.

The aquadrive quad will be available at the end of the month for approx. EUR 130.

The connections are G1/4".

Material: delrin/copper/stainless steel
Designed for four hard disks in three 5 1/4" bays
Capacity of the reservoir: 250 ml

Here a few photos:

Re: New: aquadrive quad copper edition

Samstag, 23. Februar 2008, 03:05

Nice piece of work here! When can we see it here in the states?

How about an internal view of the water channels?

heed

Samstag, 23. Februar 2008, 14:39

Whoa, I really like it! Great job.

I second the request for pics of the channels.

Gosh, that will be quite expensive in USD. :-[

Samstag, 23. Februar 2008, 14:47

130 euro around 200 usd.

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2008, 02:34

Zitat von »heed«

Gosh, that will be quite expensive in USD. :-[

I think the proper term is relatively expensive. However, the old dual Aquadrive was about the same price so it seems to me to be cheaper for more utilization. ;D

Also with copper and Delrin being used the naysayers must be having a fit of apolexy about right now. ;)

I'm thinking I have 4 Raptor harddrives that would look nice and cool. ;D

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2008, 16:55

4 raptors... kind of a set back in terms of noise?

heed

Montag, 25. Februar 2008, 07:26

Right but we have no idea when/if/how much it will be in the US. :-[

TN, maybe you could buy one of these and finally finish Feeding Frenzy! ;D

Cobra88

Montag, 3. März 2008, 17:47

Hi Shoggy

Any plans for a Black front version ?.

Regards
Rick

Montag, 3. März 2008, 18:11

Black front maybe in August by Ac-Berlin and not regular.

Montag, 10. März 2008, 01:16

Zitat von »heed«

Right but we have no idea when/if/how much it will be in the US. :-[

TN, maybe you could buy one of these and finally finish Feeding Frenzy! ;D

Well now that I am back to making some serious amounts of moula it's time to redo Feeding Frenzy! Thinking also of a 8800 GTS card for one of the new coolers and it will also be an AMD. ;D

We will know soon what it costs here as I just ordered one from Sharka.

migueld

unregistriert

Samstag, 26. April 2008, 03:16

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

Well now that I am back to making some serious amounts of moula it's time to redo Feeding Frenzy!  Thinking also of a 8800 GTS card for one of the new coolers and it will also be an AMD. ;D

We will know soon what it costs here as I just ordered one from Sharka.

Hey TN! It's nice to see you around. Hey do you know when Sharka will bring these quad HDD box? These are very tempting...