• 28.04.2024, 01:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

new water loop, very hi temps with QX9650. advice?

Montag, 21. Januar 2008, 20:45

Hi. I just built a new PC with a QX9650 on a Asus p5nt deluxe 780i mobo, and 2 BFG 8800GTX OC2s in SLI. In the BIOS, the temp readings are very hi for the CPU and mobo...after idling for a while in BIOS, right now temps are CPU 50*C, and M/B 40*C. Shouldn't they be a lot lower? Inside my room it is about 18*C.

I put in a aqua computer water cooling loop that is...Aquaero, Aquastream Pumpe, 6mm ID hose, Cuplex XT DI on CPU, 2 aquagrafx G80 blocks on video carts, 1 Black Ice Xtreme Radiator, and 1 Black Ice Stealth GTS. Is there a problem with this configuration? Both radiators are inside case with 120mm fans blowing them outside air...also case has another 120mm intake fan for fresh air, and a 140mm outtake fan on PSU.

The Aquaero OCed the Pumpe to 70Hz, and I have 44 Liter/Stunde. Is that OK? I don't understand if my loop config is bad, or what is problem? Thanks for the help!

Re: new water loop, very hi temps with QX9650. adv

Montag, 21. Januar 2008, 23:01

1. forget bios temperatures, that's just guesswork. try to measure the water temperature

2. 44 litres is fine.
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Montag, 21. Januar 2008, 23:14

Thanks for the reply. I had a AC t-line temp probe in the water loop, but after installing all PC parts, it didn't work...think the metal inside the wires got broken. So, do not know water temp now.

I tried to take the temp probe out to replace it, but it is stuck in the metal PNC t-line fitting.

Zitat von »hobbes«

1. forget bios temperatures, that's just guesswork. try to measure the water temperature

2. 44 litres is fine.

Montag, 21. Januar 2008, 23:56

do you have a reservoir? use a common thermometer.

PS: welcome to the forum  :)
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008, 07:08

My temp is 36.5*C in the water after running 3DMark06 for a while. Is that OK?

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008, 09:09

36°C during load is perfect.
there are people in this forum that run a stable system at almost 50°C while playing games ;)

divve

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008, 20:17

The point is that your temps are now worse than air cooling and as noisy due to having both 8800 GTX cards in the same (very restrictive) low cooling capacity loop...if I understand correctly you're running just 2x 120mm rads?

For what you got you need at least a Thermochill PA120.3 rad.

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008, 23:27

Zitat von »divve«

For what you got you need at least a Thermochill PA120.3 rad.

Where do you get this Crap? Higher flow does not mean lower temps... and this radiator you are atlking about is about 3 degree better then any other 360... So if you have a good setup you can measure at a maximum 3 degree.

divve

Montag, 28. Januar 2008, 05:11

Maybe you should read more crap before you spew it?

http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showpost…875&postcount=1

With higher flow and a better and larger rad...it's 3x versus his 2x, he can reduce his temps by 5-6 deg. Put the two 8800GTX in a separate loop and his CPU temps should drop around another 6C.

It's winter now as well. When summer comes around his water temps can easily be 8-10C higher. There's no point in WC if your fans are making as much noise as air cooling or your temps are just as bad so you can't overclock if that's what you're into.

Montag, 28. Januar 2008, 16:18

Oh man really, he is talking about flow over 60l/h and about microstructure coolers. The Xt Di itselfs performs nearly the same if there is less flow.

But in fact you are talking about a maximum of 10degree at all. Think of two things:
1: Heat dissapation gets better the hotter the rad is.
2: He is using two Rads, which togheter works nearly like the one you pointed at.

divve

Montag, 28. Januar 2008, 17:14

I think you're missing the point. In addition to the aforementioned purposes of water cooling, he runs the risk of going beyond the thermal specifications of his CPU. 10C difference may not matter in your system, but in this instance when running a single loop with two 8800 GTX in OC and a Quad Core it does.

QX9650 TDP 130W, max manufacturer recommended temp 64.5C

See Chapter 5
http://download.intel.com/design/process…ts/31872601.pdf

Radiator testing:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77260

Montag, 28. Januar 2008, 17:40

In Additon to that, let the 120mm fans run a bit faster. If this doesnt help, then resettle the cpu cooler, if its not working then, think about buying another radiator.

The Thermochill is nice but the price is way off. For the price it costs you can buy 5 360 Rads....

Normally the 5 360 shoudl scale better in overall temps then a single thermochill.

Get the point?

Hm reading some more stuff:
http://www.effizienzgurus.de/roundups/07radiatoren/dia/3.gif

Source: www.effiziensgurus.de

No matter what the thermochill is too expensive.

divve

Montag, 28. Januar 2008, 18:31

It's about €75 from an English shop I won't mention here. That's quite comparable to the Black Ice Extreme or the rads from Watercool.

I also don't want to listen to 1200 RPM fans. Here's another pint of view:
http://www.effizienzgurus.de/roundups/07radiatoren/dia/1.gif

...which case do you have that can fit 5x 360 rads? I might be interested in getting one too  8)

Montag, 28. Januar 2008, 19:10

Magicool Slim tripple: 37eur
Watercool htf 3: 60
Thermochill:93 euro

Hm guess what i go with the Magicool.

Okay heres one of my favourite Watercooling cases:
http://www.ocia.net/articles/mmduality/page1.shtml

Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2008, 19:38

It's good...but quite the lazy mans case (can't be assed to fit the watercooling into a smaller space).

Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2008, 20:52

Yeah but i have the space to playe it and i like everything clean and in a way you can work on everything.

Samstag, 9. Februar 2008, 00:29

Zitat von »gr3if«

Oh man really, he is talking about flow over 60l/h and about microstructure coolers. The Xt Di itselfs performs nearly the same if there is less flow.

But in fact you are talking about a maximum of 10degree at all. Think of two things:
1: Heat dissapation gets better the hotter the rad is.
2: He is using two Rads, which togheter works nearly like the one you pointed at.

Sorry to steal the tread, But is 60l/h enough ?
Im running somthing like 320l/h in my system
(22C room temprature and 28C water, 3x 120mm fans at 4,8V (40%))

Samstag, 9. Februar 2008, 01:10

anything above 25l/h is fine.

r u from USA? ;)

divve

Sonntag, 10. Februar 2008, 08:31

Zitat von »hobbes«

anything above 25l/h is fine.

r u from USA? ;)

Admittedly, at higher flow rates of over ~2l/m you reach a point of diminishing returns. However, under ~1l/m the heat removal from common CPU blocks begins to loose effectiveness at a higher rate. It easily can be 4C worse at 0.4l/m.

On an average system this may not have any consequence. For higher end overclocked systems on the other hand it will matter, when taking other factors into account such as noise levels and temps during hot weather.

....no I won't play fetch and post links again. The data is freely available out there from both American and European sources. All you have to do is look for it.

Sonntag, 10. Februar 2008, 12:45

Can you show me a setup with a silent pump, a cpu cooler, a northbridge cooler, a 360 rad and a graühics cooler that can do over 2l/m or even better 4?