• 26.04.2024, 23:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Wiring tips for a GTX480 and other NVIDIA cards

Montag, 12. August 2013, 22:52

Hi Aqua Computer,

Now that I have my waterblock mounted, what comes next? Do I run a wire between my pump and my card? I notice I have a 4 pin port where the old heatsink fan used to go. Is this used? I'd guess it is, but wiring isn't my strong suit. Are there any diagrams on how to wire things together? I know the pump will need molex power, and I can take care of that easily enough, but does the card need to be able to tell the pump how much pumping to do?
?(
Thanks for any suggestions. I've never used watercooling before today.

Dienstag, 13. August 2013, 03:27

Hi friend,

I strongly suggest you read up on watercooling best practices before continuing to build your system. If you proceed with your current level of knowledge - which is a complete lack thereof, not to put too fine a point on it - it will be a very expensive learning experience. There are a lot of good sites online that can help you teach yourself, but you have to use them before your misconceptions become incorrigible errors.

Cheers,
Doc
Hier geht's zum RGBAmp
Hinweis: Der RGBAmp stammt nicht von AC und wird nicht offiziell supported!
Note: The RGBAmp is not an AC product and isn't officially supported.

Dienstag, 13. August 2013, 22:53

I used videos to help with mounting the block. Here's hoping the new foam is functionally the same as the old foam. If not, I can always swap them over. Currently, I'm waiting on a power supply tester to help with filling the loop for the first time. Everything is still dry, and I'll only have 2 possible leak points to worry about after everything is installed. My main question at the moment is what do I with the 4 pin on the 480? There's one on the top for power and another one for power I've unplugged to finish disconnecting the stock fan. This is the one I'm wondering about. My instinct says the 4 pin jack that used to control and power the fan on the GTX480 is now required to tell the pump how much water it needs to move to keep the card cool

Mittwoch, 14. August 2013, 11:55

Your instinct is wrong ;)
Just leave the 4 pin which used to controll the stock fan unplugged.
The pump is connected to the power supply and will pump a constant amount of water through the loop. Aquastream pumps can be set to a fixed frequency via usb or Aquaero, by default it is set to automatically find the optimal frequency. I don't know what kind of pump you are using but it should suffice to connect the power supply to the pump.
Water temperature (ultimately your card temperature) is controlled via the fans which are mounted on top of your radiator.
Slow fans = higher water temp = higher component temp
fast fans = lower water temp = lower component temp
You can use any fan controller or an Aquaero to controll fans.
An Aquaero got some other neat features.

Mittwoch, 14. August 2013, 15:46

The pump I'll be using is an aquastream XT USB 12V Pump. http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1299

I might have to run a molex extension to power it, but to do that, I'll need to know volts/amps and watts of the pump.

Also, I noticed a rather dire warning about USB polarity. I'm sure there's a picture out there somewhere. The USB connectors' wires go red white green black black. 5 in total. Technically the last one is grey since it's the round wire, but it's sheathed in black. I have a free USB header on my board, so I'm guessing one end goes to the board while the other end goes to the pump. Mainboard is a GA-P35C-DS3R. The header side should be pretty impossible to mix up since there are 4 pins on one side, 5 pins on the other. The tricky bit will be trying to get them both to face the right way. On the pump side, I can rely on the guide arrows to avoid this problem. On the motherboard side, the case header I added for front port USB is a reliable guide. It indicates the red goes up the top. My board has 3 free USB headers on it so I have lots of room that way. Frying my pump first time out due to incorrect polarity is something I'd like to avoid.

Mittwoch, 14. August 2013, 18:11

By Molex extension you mean a cable extension right?
No need to know watts or amps. Just buy one and hook it up to your pump and power supply.

USB Connection is always a bit tricky.
I used an already connected front usb header as orientation.
Worked for me.
Didnt kill my Aquaero or Aquastream Pumps so far.

Donnerstag, 15. August 2013, 14:45

@Tomcat, yeah, that's what I'm hoping for too. The red wire on the board is at the top and the pump has an indicator marker. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a cheap PSU tester to help fill my loop by providing a single molex out with which to power the pump. It'll be ideal for test purposes. In the meantime, I should be able to cut and measure pipe. Don't worry folks, I've got a pipe/hose cutting tool. No excuse for not having one really.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Shtanto« (15. August 2013, 15:09)