• 28.04.2024, 03:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

AquaStream XT Ultra reverse flow/mounting orientation ?

Samstag, 27. Oktober 2012, 22:39

I have some questions for the AquaComputer team regarding the AquaStream XT Ultra pump :

1. Is it possible to reverse the flow of the pump (i.e. inlet becomes outlet and outlet becomes inlet) ? Perhaps by replacing the impeller with a curved blade version (like air fan blades) that reverses the flow of the liquid coolant (if yes : do you sell this reverse flow impeller ?) or some other method ?
2. Is it possible to mount the pump vertically (with the inlet facing upwards, the outlet facing sidewards and the connector side facing downwards) without causing damage to the pump ?
3. If the pump can be mounted vertically, is the "Shoggy sandwich " strong enough to hold the pump up when it's attached to the pump's (sidewards facing) mounting plate ?

Samstag, 27. Oktober 2012, 22:55

i dont know about the reverse flow but i can show u how i have my pump and seems to work fine for me dont know if its bad to have it this way or not.
»pegleg« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • DSC00013 (2).JPG

Samstag, 27. Oktober 2012, 23:39

Hi pegleg,

It's good to see that I'm not the only one who is thinking of mounting the pump like that. Maybe you also have the feeling that the pump's inlet and outlet should have been reversed to begin with. It would make a lot more sense in terms of mounting with the flow reversed (well, at least it does for me). ;)
Judging from you picture, your pump is mounted/bolted directly to the chassis there. Does it generate a lot vibration noise like that ?

Samstag, 27. Oktober 2012, 23:49

when it set at 76 hz but i took it apart because of my flow meter ,i took some velcro and stuck it on there only one side not the otherside of the velcro and that stoped the vibration.the pump was not loud just would vibrate threw the metal case.velcro was all i had at the time.now it is very quiet.

Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2012, 00:08

Velcro... That sounds like an excellent way to reduce the noise/vibration issue and keep the pump hanging where you want it to be. Clever thinking, pegleg !!! :thumbsup:

Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2012, 11:42

i dont really use the velcro to hold it just for the vibration,i have it bolted to the plastic piece there.

Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2012, 13:27

No, it is not possiable to reverse the flow of the pump. A rotary pump MUST have the inlet in the center of the impeller, and the outlet at the side of the impeller. The Aquastream XT is a modified Eihm pump and designed for horizontal mounting, but vertical mounting is OK, if the inlet is facing UP.
The Aquacomputer D5 pump can be installed into a pump top that has the inlet connection on the side, but internal to the pump top, the water passage still goes to the center of the impeller.
I think the Shoggy sandwich is sticky enough to hold the pump in that position, but I am not sure. It is intended to go under the pump, not on the side. Shoggy will have to answer that to get a positive answer.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.