• 26.04.2024, 14:26
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Sp_i_ke

Aquaero 6 - lighting control - fan control

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 20:43

Hey,

Asked the following in the "Aquatunning customer care" part of overclock3d.net and got redirected here.

Zitat

Planning on a new system (see this thread). Would like to get some nice lighting in my system and want to be able to turn it on and off. Was hoping to use the Aquaero 6 to do this. What I've seen and red so far is that you can control one RGB led, but I obviously want more than one led. Can this be done with the Aquaero 6.

How may fans can I control with the Aquaero 6? My new system will probably have about 15 fans in it, will the Aquaero 6 suffice to control them all or will I need extra parts?

Thanks sPˊ!ˋKe

Pilo

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 21:20

The aquaero 6 has four fully controlable fan headers, each of them can provide a max. current of 2.5 A, what leads to 30 W of power at 12 Volt accourding to the manual. You are asking if the Aquaero 6 could control all your 15 fans, sure, not all individually, but in clusters easily..
Here an official demonstration video.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Pilo« (13. Oktober 2014, 21:24)

->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 23:45

Since all pc fan we are using are 12 V, you need to check Amperage. Added up it will have to be maximum 2.5 Amp per chanel, or 3 if you use water cooling.
Mostly fans have between 0.1 and 0.3 amps so you could control a lot of fans per chanell.
Certainly, there are delta fans with 4 amps, leaf blowers, a single fan would be to much for a single chanell.
There are also 1 amp fans or 0.8, 0.7, etc.

U need to do the checking yourself.

Me, im still researching what fan i should be gettin.

Sp_i_ke

Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2014, 14:26

I was thinking of going with Corsair SP fans. Should I get PWM versions?

How about lighting control?

sPˊ!ˋKe

Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2014, 19:36

This is what I use with the Aquaero 6XT to drive about 8 feet of RGB Strip lighting.

Works GREAT!

Jeak RGB Amp

RodeoGeorge

Sp_i_ke

Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2014, 22:22

Thanks, already found his post and send him a PM. No reply just yet, is he still here, last update of that post has been a while.

sPˊ!ˋKe

Freitag, 17. Oktober 2014, 07:05

He had not been on for a while when I contacted him. I did get a reply before too long.

He has a Quality product. I have one in both of my systems.

I went back through my PP transactions and found Jeak's email address.

I'll PM you with that address.

RodeoGeorge

Pilo

Freitag, 17. Oktober 2014, 09:01

The Aqua Computer staff argued that this forum is not a market place to sell thrird party products and Jeak is now officially prohibited to sell the RGB-Amp openly over this forum. I do get why he did not reply. Would you yourself continue the support for a product like the aquaero with an inofficial daughterboard when you are no longer tolerated? I would be pissed.
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Freitag, 17. Oktober 2014, 12:01

Our forum rules are pretty clear: sales are not allowed and this has already gone pseudo-commercial. We have been more than tolerant here but since a user revived the old threads again it was the last straw. Given the fact that we work on something which will be in conflict with the amp the sales will have been prohibited anyway sooner or later ;)

Please no more discussion here about the amp or I also have to close this topic.

Sp_i_ke

Freitag, 17. Oktober 2014, 20:51

Then please tell me what the official Aquacomputer solution is for controlling more than a single LED?

sPˊ!ˋKe

Freitag, 17. Oktober 2014, 21:35

Yah, i would also like to know what you guys are cooking !

Freitag, 17. Oktober 2014, 21:56

Yo will have to wait. As indicated as a hidden hint: soon.

Sp_i_ke

Samstag, 18. Oktober 2014, 00:07

So you're saying I should hold of on buying an Aquaero for now???

sPˊ!ˋKe

Samstag, 18. Oktober 2014, 00:18

No.

Sp_i_ke

Samstag, 18. Oktober 2014, 22:51

OK so it's gone be some sort of addon. Then we'll you have to wait for soon to become now ;-)

sPˊ!ˋKe

Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2014, 22:56

AAaaaah, now the kitty's out of the burlap regarding why those threads were closed: AC is preparing to release the light control module they said they weren't the least bit interested in selling because there was no market for it (which is why I developed the RGBAmp) and are killing off the competition as a prelude!

And by the way guys: I most definitely _am_ pissed. I'd even say that this is the proverbial "last straw". You don't want us to support anybody? Well try handling all the support requests that come up in this forum yourself and find out how you like it. See if I ever answer any user question in your forums again.
Hier geht's zum RGBAmp
Hinweis: Der RGBAmp stammt nicht von AC und wird nicht offiziell supported!
Note: The RGBAmp is not an AC product and isn't officially supported.