• 26.04.2024, 05:44
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Stark

LEAKSHIELD / Aquastream XT submersion/ Flooding problem !!!

Samstag, 3. September 2022, 01:43

After 3 months of using Leakshield and 2 months of using the Aquastream pump, I want to complain about a problem that I can’t solve.

I want to say right away that I use Leakshield installed on the Aqualis XT 450 ml with fill level sensor. (bought long ago). Simplified flow chart in attached files.

During computer non-working hours, at night, the Aquastream XT pump can pass one small air bubble every 2-10 minutes. This is only observed in SHIELD mode. And only when computer turned off.

I thought the fittings were the problem, but air is leaking through at the connection to the pump cover (article 41032).

On normal days this is not a problem, rare bubbles from the pump rise into the radiator (Scheme 2) and raise the water level in the Aqualis reservoir overnight from 40% to 50-60%. Turning on the computer fixes the problem.

BUT, if I do not turn on the computer for several days, for example, a weekend, a little bit, one bubble at a time, the air pushes water out of the radiator, which is screwed to the top of the case and raises the water level in the tank to a critical level.

Which ends with an alarm in the Leakshield and then the flooding of the compensation membrane of the leeshield air pump, rendering it inoperable even after turning on the computer.

Alarm: Air volume in reservoir too low or pressure compensation membrane impermeable.

After each such incident, I have to drain the liquid, twist the Leakkshield and dry it for several days! As a result, Leakshield does not work more often than it works.

Please help, do not know what to do.

Want to add that Aqualis fill level sensor not working with Leakshield !!! YES, I know that the documentation says about this, but if the Aqualis fill level sensor worked, then it will theoretically possible command to turn on, for example, a pump or computer (via the aquaero 6 XT relay) and solve the problem, or if the Leakshield itself could identify such a problem.

And yes, I have the pressure equalization membrane that comes with the Aqualis, but I'm not allowed to use it with the Leakshield (according to the instructions).
Guys from Reddit adwised to buy EK-Loop Connect Coolant level sensor or Koolance Liquid Dual level Sensor to fix Aquastream problems, and i am thinking about it..
I would not want to buy solutions from other companies as a bug fix for this problem.

P.S. Please do not adwise me to change Aqustream gasket, already did. And will try to change pump cover (article 41032) as soon as it will come.
And i had the same problem with my previous pump Asetek, which to work without issues before Leakshield installation.
»Stark« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:
  • Shema1.jpg (928,46 kB - 53 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 31. Januar 2024, 15:34)
  • Shema2.jpg (949,01 kB - 41 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 31. Januar 2024, 16:16)
  • Shema3.jpg (945,41 kB - 35 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 31. Januar 2024, 16:42)
  • Shema- fail.jpg (1,04 MB - 40 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 31. Januar 2024, 15:32)
  • 41032.jpg (12,34 kB - 48 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 23. März 2024, 09:57)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Stark« (3. September 2022, 02:09)

Samstag, 3. September 2022, 07:22

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but unfortunately you haven't provided any data either.
Take a picture of the system and share your LEAKSHIELD settings, then a picture of the "LEAKSHIELD" and "Status" pages from the Aquasuite, just use the camera button in the upper right corner of the Aquasuite, with more data we might be able to help you.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Stark

Samstag, 3. September 2022, 15:08

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but unfortunately you haven't provided any data either.
Take a picture of the system and share your LEAKSHIELD settings, then a picture of the "LEAKSHIELD" and "Status" pages from the Aquasuite, just use the camera button in the upper right corner of the Aquasuite, with more data we might be able to help you.

H!, Actually my sytem shema was added in files, but it is Ok to add real picture and screenshots.
On second screenshot hgeneral settings, you can notice that fill level is empty.
On third error after compensation membrane becomes wet. Measure Fill level button pressed.

In other files i have added ALL current leakshield settings.
Sound Allarms turned off, because i want to sleep during night..
»Stark« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • aquasuite_2022-09-03_15-59-11.png
  • aquasuite_2022-09-03_15-58-55.png
  • aquasuite_2022-09-03_15-57-46.png
  • aquasuite_2022-09-03_15-57-55.png
  • aquasuite_2022-09-03_15-58-04.png
  • aquasuite_2022-09-03_15-58-11.png
  • aquasuite_2022-09-03_16-06-02.png
»Stark« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • system2.JPEG (57,36 kB - 38 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 31. Januar 2024, 15:57)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Stark« (3. September 2022, 15:14)

Samstag, 3. September 2022, 19:22

As a temporary solution, after the computer is shut off, you can manually reduce the vacuum of the leakshield to 150mbar.
Lower pressure means less air is pulled into your system, reducing the flooding rate. You have to increase the pressure again before you start your computer.

Another temporary solution is to place a valve between the pump and the radiator. When you close the valve, the air cannot reach the Radiator and that will prevent the flooding.

Sonntag, 4. September 2022, 06:43

What happens when you go to Leakshield -> Settings -> Standby and uncheck the box "Allow negative pressure in standby"?

This setting will work only if the Leakshield has power while the system is in Standby. You may need to enable USB power during standby in the motherboard BIOS.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cptninc« (4. September 2022, 06:47)

Remayz

Sonntag, 4. September 2022, 07:57

Maybe a valve between the reservoir and leakshield could help too. close when not using the computer, and the air can't escape through it, so the water should not fall back in the reservoir once the pressurein the loop has equalized with external pressure. But what Cptninc said is a way more elegant solution. Achieves the same goal if it works.

All bandaids on a wooden leg though.. you should fix that air leak first. If you can vent a whole radiator in two days, i bet the leakshield is sucking air through that pump constantly when in operation.

Stark

Sonntag, 4. September 2022, 20:40

What happens when you go to Leakshield -> Settings -> Standby and uncheck the box "Allow negative pressure in standby"?

This setting will work only if the Leakshield has power while the system is in Standby. You may need to enable USB power during standby in the motherboard BIOS.
I will try an reply, but iI need to drain all the water again, dry the membrane and refill the water, which will take 3 days (. Now the Leakshield is actually not working due to the membrane again, 40+ times flooded.
»Stark« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • aquasuite_2022-09-04_21-36-36.png

Sonntag, 4. September 2022, 20:59

This is a lot of attitude from a guy who bought a leak protection device and is now upset that it protects from the leak in his loop.

Fix your leak and the problem will go away. Good luck.

I'm out.

Stark

Sonntag, 4. September 2022, 21:06

Maybe a valve between the reservoir and leakshield could help too. close when not using the computer, and the air can't escape through it, so the water should not fall back in the reservoir once the pressurein the loop has equalized with external pressure. But what Cptninc said is a way more elegant solution. Achieves the same goal if it works.

All bandaids on a wooden leg though.. you should fix that air leak first. If you can vent a whole radiator in two days, i bet the leakshield is sucking air through that pump constantly when in operation.

There is no air being sucked into the system during operation, which I am sure of, because I saw a problem with my previous pump, and I can simulate it myself. Offline I had 1 bubble, after turning it on I saw a trickle of bubbles.(+ Leakshield notice it) As I said, sometimes sucking is so rare that after 10-12 hours of inactivity I have +5-10% water level. It somehow depends on residual water temperature left after i turn computer off. Maybe i am wrong, but it seams that after playing games (the water is a little warmer) the problem becomes more pronounced.

Regarding ball valve, i have one, the problem that i do not want to open case each time to switch it.
It is easer to sell Leackshield,

or buy normal / Chinese fill level sensor to control 2 useless water level sensors from aquacomputer.

Or to sell Aquastream XT Ultimate pump (i've changed gaskets, i have used sealant, and i will try to change pump cover when it will arrive) and turn back Asetek WaterChill Extreme pump.

All these options are trivial, I was hoping to fix it programmatically..

Leakshield knows that i am using Aqualis (liquid volume), Leakshield has fill level sensor.. WHY not to turn negative pressure off when fill level reaches 100% ? 90%?

Leaskshield and Aqualis work from standby +5V

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Stark« (4. September 2022, 21:08)

Stark

Sonntag, 4. September 2022, 21:45

Update.
After completely turning off Leakshield, Aqualis fill level sensor start working, and no sucjing air in Aquastream XT pump.
So, Aquastream XT tight enough until negative pressure is turned on, and Aqualis fill level sensor can turn off computer if water level to low.. Almost ideal, except leakadge protection..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Stark« (4. September 2022, 21:46)

Remayz

Montag, 5. September 2022, 03:38

if you can have air ingress in, you can have waterleakage out too. not necesarely dripping, but permeation.
Leakshield has just made it more obvious by reducing the loop pressure, showing you where your seals were too loose.
You have the choice between removing the thing that tells you it leaks, or solving the leak :)