• 19.04.2024, 06:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Donnerstag, 26. November 2020, 02:00

Will both of these units work with the quadro or octo and its flow input? I cant fit the Aquaero in my case, unfortunately.

high flow 2 and LT can be connected to QUADRO or OCTO with the supplied cable. To connect the high flow NEXT you will need a PicoBlade to PicoBlade connection cable (not available yet) for its signal output. This output can be set to simulate a classic high flow sensor.
Oh dear I wish I had read the quick start guide earlier. The High Flow 2 is much better suited for my needs and comes with the required cable. :wacko:

Donnerstag, 26. November 2020, 04:41

Oh dear I wish I had read the quick start guide earlier. The High Flow 2 is much better suited for my needs and comes with the required cable. :wacko:

With the dearth of High Flow NEXTs atm, you could list it on ebay, or similar, and sell it quickly.

Freitag, 27. November 2020, 02:00

With the dearth of High Flow NEXTs atm, you could list it on ebay, or similar, and sell it quickly.

I was ready to sing your praises but, the high flow NEXT is in (limited) stock, and the high flow 2 is...out of stock. This dearth, if it was equally distributed between the NEXT & 2, I would fully agree with you.

However I notice now a difference between the high flow NEXT and the high flow 2 apart from RGB & LCD. The high flow 2 is missing the coolent quality conductivity sensor and that is something I find useful.

Freitag, 27. November 2020, 04:38

I was ready to sing your praises but, the high flow NEXT is in (limited) stock, and the high flow 2 is...out of stock. This dearth, if it was equally distributed between the NEXT & 2, I would fully agree with you.

However I notice now a difference between the high flow NEXT and the high flow 2 apart from RGB & LCD. The high flow 2 is missing the coolent quality conductivity sensor and that is something I find useful.

Sorry, it appeared you were disappointed with your purchase, so I suggested a possible remedy, but you have changed your mind, so you did well with your purchase.

As to communications between the OCTO and the High Flow NEXT, if you run Windows just have a USB connection to both and be done with it.

some more questions about the high flow NEXT

Freitag, 27. November 2020, 19:00

hello again,
order placed for a high flow NEXT (though seeing the conversation here...might be a long wait).
i do have a question about the recommended orientation, it's recommended to mount it horizontally (display forward buttons up) will there be less accuracy or more noise when mounted vertically?
i could get it to hang horizontally but it's mass would be attempting to pull the tube out of it's fitting..which should be fine but i am not super comfortable with (i hear PETG shrinks over time...haven't had it happen yet but don't wanna test my luck by having tubes held in place by the fitting and just due to there position instead of just the fitting and having a clear way to exit the fitting :P...taking it apart is a nightmare....).
also am i correct in that i can only hook up 1 water temp sensor for the see how much heat is getting extracted feature? or could it take a 2nd input from a octo with a water temp sensor on it (got a octo 2 weeks ago, to fix a rgb fan issue...and also managing 11 fans and in the future possibly a PWM pump instead of my current usb pump, loving it).
in my current loop it would have to be diagonal to be able to be on a radiator in or out which i'm sure is much less okay then horizontal or vertical :P

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »anub1s21« (27. November 2020, 19:01)

RE: some more questions about the high flow NEXT

Freitag, 27. November 2020, 23:57

hello again,
order placed for a high flow NEXT (though seeing the conversation here...might be a long wait).
i do have a question about the recommended orientation, it's recommended to mount it horizontally (display forward buttons up) will there be less accuracy or more noise when mounted vertically?
i could get it to hang horizontally but it's mass would be attempting to pull the tube out of it's fitting..which should be fine but i am not super comfortable with (i hear PETG shrinks over time...haven't had it happen yet but don't wanna test my luck by having tubes held in place by the fitting and just due to there position instead of just the fitting and having a clear way to exit the fitting :P...taking it apart is a nightmare....).
also am i correct in that i can only hook up 1 water temp sensor for the see how much heat is getting extracted feature? or could it take a 2nd input from a octo with a water temp sensor on it (got a octo 2 weeks ago, to fix a rgb fan issue...and also managing 11 fans and in the future possibly a PWM pump instead of my current usb pump, loving it).
in my current loop it would have to be diagonal to be able to be on a radiator in or out which i'm sure is much less okay then horizontal or vertical :P

Under the paragraph titled "Flow measurement" on the product page it says:

Zitat

Due to a symmetrical construction, the flow direction is irrelevant. Furthermore, the sensor may be installed in any orientation.

So apparently mounting the device in a vertical, or diagonal, orientation will have no detrimental effect.

As to dissipated power calculation. the High Flow NEXT has a temperature sensor, and there is 1 external temperature sensor on the flow sensor, which is all you need, The power dissipated value will be most correct if the two temperature sensors are at the inlet and outlet of the radiator.

You can bring in temperatures from the OCTO by using the Soft.Sensor feature, as long as both devices are connected to USB.

Samstag, 28. November 2020, 15:09

Not sure if this is the best place to post but I’m scratching my head trying to figure out why I can’t get a flow reading on a newly built loop with the high flow next.

I have a pretty straight forward loop with 2 360 rads in a define 7 XL case, front and top mounted along with the EK distro plate fitted with a d5 Next pump and a GPU/CPU in the loop.

I’ve taken the GPU out the loop to clean the block this morning and still had the same issue, I’ve added another D5 into the loop as I thought maybe the flow rate was low even though it looked visually ok to the eye, still no reading.

Can’t seem to figure out why I can’t get a flow reading, even with two D5 pumps running 100%, I have the high flow next connected via aquabus to an aquaero 6 LT and all shows ok in aqua suite with temperatures just no flow rate

torexko

RE: high flow NEXT - The next generation of flow sensors

Montag, 21. Dezember 2020, 00:53

Coolant quality - good to know
Again and again we have been asked: When should I change my coolant? How do I recognize corrosion in the circuit?
Now the high flow NEXT provides the answer! We have integrated a very precise measuring system for the electrical conductivity of the coolant. This is capable to measure the conductivity between 2-200 µS and determine the quality of the coolant. If corrosion occurs or if the corrosion protection inhibitors are used up, the conductivity of the coolant increases significantly. This is detected by the sensor and corrosion and biological attack can be prevented by changing the coolant.

Does that work and measure a correct conductivity value for all kinds of fluid? For example distilled water and various coolants from different brands? Or does it work only with you DP coolants?

Because for my brand new EK Cryofuel Clear (Premix) coolant it shows a very high conductivity value of 420 μs/cm at 30 °C. Is that OK?

Montag, 21. Dezember 2020, 07:24

very high conductivity value of 420 μs/cm at 30 °C. Is that OK?
This value is far from safe operation in a water cooling system. This is like tap water.
You can use it, but be aware that the components will corrode.
We recommend changing the coolant at 100µS at the latest.

RE: RE: high flow NEXT - The next generation of flow sensors

Montag, 21. Dezember 2020, 10:49

Coolant quality - good to know
Again and again we have been asked: When should I change my coolant? How do I recognize corrosion in the circuit?
Now the high flow NEXT provides the answer! We have integrated a very precise measuring system for the electrical conductivity of the coolant. This is capable to measure the conductivity between 2-200 µS and determine the quality of the coolant. If corrosion occurs or if the corrosion protection inhibitors are used up, the conductivity of the coolant increases significantly. This is detected by the sensor and corrosion and biological attack can be prevented by changing the coolant.

Does that work and measure a correct conductivity value for all kinds of fluid? For example distilled water and various coolants from different brands? Or does it work only with you DP coolants?

Because for my brand new EK Cryofuel Clear (Premix) coolant it shows a very high conductivity value of 420 μs/cm at 30 °C. Is that OK?

I’m using the exact same coolant. Don’t have the high flow next yet. Wonder why such high conductivity for brand new coolant? Have you tried changing your coolant and retesting? Maybe there is an issue with the sensor in the high flow unit? I would like to know what you find out about this. Thanks.
Asus Maximus Z790 Apex, Intel 13900KS, Asus 4090 Strix, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, Asus ROG XG349C, EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 and VTX 160, Corsair AX1600i, Asus Claymore 2, Asus ROG Gladius III, Samsung 990

Montag, 21. Dezember 2020, 12:13

I have the same coolant, what i find interesting is: It says Quote: "A very precise measuring system for the electrical conductivity of the coolant is integrated into the high flow NEXT. It is capable to measure the conductivity between 2-200 µS and determine the quality of the coolant. If corrosion occurs or if the corrosion protection inhibitors are used up, the conductivity of the coolant increases significantly. In this case, the coolant should be replaced." How did you get a measurement of 430µS? or does it actually measure higher then the specified 2-200µS?
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

torexko

Montag, 21. Dezember 2020, 23:11

very high conductivity value of 420 μs/cm at 30 °C. Is that OK?
This value is far from safe operation in a water cooling system. This is like tap water.
You can use it, but be aware that the components will corrode.
We recommend changing the coolant at 100µS at the latest.
Yes, I am aware of that, I have read that in Aquasuite software.
There's obviously something wrong, but I'm not sure if it's your sensor measuring incorrect values or the EK coolant itself...

You didn't answer my main question which is more important.
Does the High Flow NEXT sensor actually measure correct conductivity values for all types of fluids? Or does it only work with your Aqua Computer DP coolants?

I’m using the exact same coolant. Don’t have the high flow next yet. Wonder why such high conductivity for brand new coolant? Have you tried changing your coolant and retesting? Maybe there is an issue with the sensor in the high flow unit? I would like to know what you find out about this. Thanks.
Trust me, right now I am confused too...
EK officially advertises a conductivy of their Cryofuel coolants to be 1,04 ±10% mS/cm. If my calculations are right, that should be 1040 μS/cm, so I really don't know...
I have 1 more bottle of EK Cryofuel Ember Orange, so I will try to test that as well and let you know.

I have the same coolant, what i find interesting is: It says Quote: "A very precise measuring system for the electrical conductivity of the coolant is integrated into the high flow NEXT. It is capable to measure the conductivity between 2-200 µS and determine the quality of the coolant. If corrosion occurs or if the corrosion protection inhibitors are used up, the conductivity of the coolant increases significantly. In this case, the coolant should be replaced." How did you get a measurement of 430µS? or does it actually measure higher then the specified 2-200µS?
Unfortunately I haven't been able to figure it out yet...
Hopefully someone from Aqua Computer can clarify.
I just flushed my loop with distilled water and nothing else (no tap water, no chemicals, no special cleaners. Then I opened a brand new EK Cryofuel Clear (Premix), with production date less than a month ago, put it in my loop and got a conductivity reading of 430 μS/cm.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »torexko« (21. Dezember 2020, 23:55)

Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2020, 03:38

Thanks for keeping us updated.
Asus Maximus Z790 Apex, Intel 13900KS, Asus 4090 Strix, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, Asus ROG XG349C, EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 and VTX 160, Corsair AX1600i, Asus Claymore 2, Asus ROG Gladius III, Samsung 990

Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2020, 07:33

EK officially advertises a conductivy of their Cryofuel coolants to be 1,04 ±10% mS/cm
maybe a confusion with the units:

1 mS/cm (millisiemens/centimeter) == 1000 µS/cm (mikrosiemens/cm) : this is the same like water in a river. Drinking water have a conductivity from 300 to 800 µS/cm

when they mean
1 mS/cm (microsiemens/cm) == 1 µS/cm i cant belive this, because a fresh bottle destilled water from the Supermarket has a conductivity from 2...5 µS/cm, when you add some corrosion protection the conductivity is rising.

1 µS/cm == 100 µS/m (centimeter to meter)

The problem is that if the conductivity of the cooling medium is too high, something corrodes at some point in the loop.
Due to inductive coupling and different metals in the loop, a voltage is created in the water loop. The higher the conductivity, the faster (because the current is greater) the corrosion will be.

The Next sensor can measure higher conductivys but the accurycy is lower.

torexko

Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2020, 23:35

Thank you for your explanation. My calculations were the same, that's why I was confused too...
I will try to contact EK directly so they can clarify things.

But we are in a thread about the High Flow NEXT sensor, so let's get back to that...
I still need to know:
Does the High Flow NEXT sensor actually measure correct conductivity values for all types of fluids (distilled water, coolants from other brands, ...)?
If it does, then I can present the measured values to EK, as a proof that there is something wrong with the coolant they sent me.

Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2020, 07:08

The Water Quality Sensor is specified for destilled water and DP-Ultra. The sensing range is 1..200 µS/cm.

Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2021, 23:08

Any updates on the conductivity issue? Thanks!

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2021, 07:15

Any updates on the conductivity issue? Thanks!
There are no issues there. The measurement works as it is supposed to.

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2021, 11:50

Thanks.

Samstag, 16. Januar 2021, 17:49

With the disconnect_all_to_firmware_update issue recently introduced, I thought I would update two octos and a flow next before I placed them in service.
That went well, no additional issues... will just have to install firmware items front and center for future updates.

But I noticed one item that may be an issue with the flow next, the temperature was reading 26 while in open air (ambient 16) flow_next_internal.jpg
I added a sensor to an octo to see what it read as ambient, which confirmed 16 degrees octo_external.jpg
I then inserted the octo sensor into the flow next's coolant tunnel which showed a result between ambient and the flow next internal sensor octo-inchannel.jpg
Impromptu test setup setup.JPG
This 10 degree delta is substantial.

For my build the flow next will be right after the radiator, and a 2nd coolant sensor will be at the entrance to the radiator.
I had intended to allow the flow next to calibrate the 2nd sensor during downtime, but now I am concerned this will cause a not insignificant erroneous bias.