• 18.04.2024, 13:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Sonntag, 22. Juli 2018, 03:31

I also didn't realize there was an update if it wasn't for these complaints on 2018-4. I'm going to hold off till there's a fix to all of this and hope, that the news banner of some type comes back again so I can see that there was an update. I did see one briefly but don't know how to get it all back.

Guys!! just to let you know, this new aquasuite 2018-4 does have this option already, its silent so there is no box that you can check/uncheck, at least I didn't see it, , side notification windows in a form of News just pops to let you know about the update which is nice thing, only that this new update has issue so hold on updating or your services won't be running

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (22. Juli 2018, 22:26)

Sonntag, 22. Juli 2018, 03:33

I would like to make a formal request that the aquasuite add an option to check for updates.
The last official notice I find, is in this thread for 2018-2... we are at 2018-4 at the moment.
Users should not have to troll through these forums, or go to the change-log to discover if an update is available.
Please add an option to check for updates at start-up, and throw a banner/notice to the action panel if an update is available.

[attach]6444[/attach]

Sorry this was not implemented in 2018-2 as I have stayed earlier

Sorry for double post I quoted the wrong person ?( ;)
»Dundys« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • Doc1.pdf (62,04 kB - 842 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 6. April 2024, 08:39)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (22. Juli 2018, 22:31)

Montag, 23. Juli 2018, 04:57

In first place this affects the AMBIENTpx feature of the new QUADRO controller. Older Windows versions work different in the background. We use a very efficient way to capture the display content which requires almost no resources but this routine is not compatible to Windows 7 systems. In theory we could have develop an alternative way for Windows 7 but seriously, spending further working time for a system that almost none of our customers are using anymore is just a waste of time. Sorry to say so but I hope you will understand that. As said it also does not really affect the regular functions of the aquasuite.
> working time for a system that almost none of our customers are using anymore is just a waste of time.

Well I still use Windows 7 and don't plan to 'downgrade' to Windows 10 any time soon. This is because in my opinion Windows 10 is just wrong in so many ways (the telemetry/spying you can't turn off, the forced updates, the flat inferior Metro UI, the attempts to force you to their store, etc., etc.

I don't know about your customers in particular. but last I saw there are still more Windows 7 users than Windows 10 users. See https://www.computerworld.com/article/31…-windows-7.html .

Montag, 23. Juli 2018, 15:50

Hopefully new aquasuite is released soon that addresses the issue in aquasuite 2018-4 and the services that cannot be started :(

Montag, 23. Juli 2018, 16:06

Our programmer is on holiday so the problem with the service will not be reviewed before next Monday.

Montag, 23. Juli 2018, 16:20

Our programmer is on holiday so the problem with the service will not be reviewed before next Monday.

:( That's a bummer, but thanks for the info.

Is there a chance or plans for the future for Aquacomputer devices to be able go back to previous firmware, like on GPUs e.g. BIOS to be able to flash it back. This firmware upgrades are not the most convenient, in fact its pain, once upgraded you need to stick with updated aquasuite and its happening more often that aquasuite has issues that messing up other functions within the system.

My CPU and case fans rely on aquacomputer services, so its a bummer until that gets fixed

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (23. Juli 2018, 16:22)

Montag, 23. Juli 2018, 16:31

This won't be possible in the future since it will cause further other problems with the aquasuite and the licensing system.

Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2018, 14:02

The aquasuite puked on me when I made a change to a Bar Chart, and I had to reinstall fresh to recover.
And now you can add me to the list of those who cannot get Computer Services to start (with admin rights).

I supported aquacomputer when you started charging for aquasuite... was I right?

Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2018, 14:14

Question: where does the aquasuite save Data Logging and Logging Chart Analysis data for recovery?

Mittwoch, 1. August 2018, 14:25

How long will it take before we get new fixed Aquasuite :(

wpuser

Mittwoch, 1. August 2018, 14:45

Look here:
We cannot reproduce the error at this time.

Um das Problem etwas besser eingrenzen können benötigen wir ein paar mehr Informationen von den Betroffenen:

1. Welches Betriebssystem wird verwendet
2. Wie alt ist die Systeminstallation (ungefähr)
3. Wird ein Virenscanner verwendet, wenn ja welcher
4. War vorher eine aquasuite installiert, wenn ja, welche Version
5. gibt es in der Ereignisanzeige vom Windows Fehlermeldungen

Es geht nur um die Installation der aquasuite, also wenn die aquasuite 2018 installiert wird und der Service NICHT richtig mit installiert wurde.

Am besten alle Rückmeldungen direkt an info@aqua-computer.de senden.

Translation:
1. Which OS do you use?
2. How old is your OS installation?
3. Do you use an anti virus programm and if so, which one?
4. Did you had an older version of aquasuite installed before and if so, which version?
5. Do you have a message in the Event viewer?
Please provide these information to info@aqua-computer.de

Mittwoch, 1. August 2018, 14:55

Workarround when the service is not installed:
open the command line (cmd) as admin and execute this for installing the aqua computer service

Quellcode

sc create "Aqua Computer Service" start= auto binPath= "c:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe"
sc start "Aqua Computer Service"

Mittwoch, 1. August 2018, 15:19

What I cannot stand is when new things are added to support new components and in the process of that other things get screwed up. Aquasuite 2018-2 was fine no issues with services starting without this workaround fix, you guys should fix this and post new revised Aquasuite to address this which again, is not only single person's issue, few of us have exact the same problem so I don't get it, how you cannot reproduce it

One thing I'm sure, from this point on I will be more cautious when updating Aquasuite or upgrading devices, its not worth it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (1. August 2018, 15:40)

Mittwoch, 1. August 2018, 15:31

@ Shoggy or sebastian

How can I go back to Aquasuite 2018-2 there is no option in Aquasuite installation drop down menu I have total of 9 devices, 8 of them connected via aquabus and Aquaero via USB

FYI. I have never had that option in drop down menu to chose aquauite version

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (1. August 2018, 15:39)

Donnerstag, 2. August 2018, 16:25

The aquasuite puked on me when I made a change to a Bar Chart, and I had to reinstall fresh to recover.
And now you can add me to the list of those who cannot get Computer Services to start (with admin rights).

I supported aquacomputer when you started charging for aquasuite... was I right?

Yap...makes you wonder :whistling:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (2. August 2018, 16:26)

Donnerstag, 2. August 2018, 21:47

Only the most current version can be installed. It is not possible to install older versions or to downgrade the firmware.

Anyone who has a problem with the current version (service is not installed) can install the service manually via command line. The PC may have to be restarted afterwards.
This only needs to be done once.
NEW: aquasuite 2018

There is definitely a problem with PCs where the service is not installed. It may be that a virus scanner is blocking something or there is some other problem.

The next aquasuite will be released in a few weeks when it is clear where exactly the error is.

Donnerstag, 2. August 2018, 22:11

I run Bitdefender Internet Security 2018... but that was in place prior to the 2018-4 upgrade which exhibits the Windows Services issue.
I cannot test anything at the moment, but Intel is sending me a replacement i7 6950X processor that should get me up and running next week,,, unless it's the mobo.

Donnerstag, 2. August 2018, 22:11

Only the most current version can be installed. It is not possible to install older versions or to downgrade the firmware.

Anyone who has a problem with the current version (service is not installed) can install the service manually via command line. The PC may have to be restarted afterwards.
This only needs to be done once.
NEW: aquasuite 2018

There is definitely a problem with PCs where the service is not installed. It may be that a virus scanner is blocking something or there is some other problem.

The next aquasuite will be released in a few weeks when it is clear where exactly the error is.

Thanks for responding. This was never the issue where service was not installed due to mentioned possible reasons.. why now. I understand that downgrading to previous version of firmware would cause other issues e.g. (licensing) but downgrading to previous Aquasuite software where would still work with the newer firmware shouldn't cause the same issue and it should be available if such issues accrue, is there drop-down menu in aquasuite for nothing or is for free software only... sorry but you guys making this more secretive than it has to be, it become more discouraging from updating and upgrading down the line :thumbdown:

Donnerstag, 2. August 2018, 22:15

I run Bitdefender Internet Security 2018... but that was in place prior to the 2018-4 upgrade which exhibits the Windows Services issue.
I cannot test anything at the moment, but Intel is sending me a replacement i7 6950X processor that should get me up and running next week,,, unless it's the mobo.
Well..what is the reason for me, you and others having the same issue, its not anti virus or PC issues as implied, its the darn aquasuite nothing else to blame,

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (2. August 2018, 22:16)

Freitag, 3. August 2018, 15:22

Update:

You can reproduce the issue where service will not be installed with aquasuite 2018- 4 by deselecting desktop icon while executing aquasuite setup.

When installing aquasuite and if you deselect desktop icon, which i always do, I don't like cluttering my desktop, that's when service is not installed, probably why you cannot reproduce it. I have several systems on my home network and even thou not all have aquacomputer product you can still install aquasuite and I have tested on all of them, every one of them ends up with the same results, so once again, this is aquasuite issue.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (3. August 2018, 23:15)